Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-03-2013, 08:33 AM   #1
SCHMIZE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Am I cracy? Thinking of trading in the Camaro..

So let me start off by saying this is my third camaro, and I love the car! However, I am 24 and this is my daily driver. I recently got a dog a couple of months ago and he is going to be about 50 lbs. Right now, I drive him to work everyday in the front well between the passenger seat and dash. I guess eventually, I'll fold down the rears and let him hang there. I'm going to be doing a lot of moving soon so I'm thinking an suv might make more sense. Am I going to regret it???

It's a 2011 Camaro 2ss/rs with 6,000 miles completely paid off. I am considering trading it in for something like a 2008 range rover with 50k miles, or 08 escalade, x5, or maybe even a newer jeep grand cherokee or ram pick up. Do you think this will be making a mistake?
Old 10-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #2
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
If you are moving and have a big dog, get a pickup.
Stay away from used SUV's like RR and BMW...especially when they are out of factory warranty.
If I had to pick a used SUV, get a Trailblazer SS.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Yea stay away from the land/Ranger Rovers not reliable those years. I would go with a crew cab truck, But if your set on a Suv Tahoe's are nice. Are you looking for a straight up trade for your car like since its paid off just Trade it on something and still have no payments?
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #4
ROD_SS

Drives: 2013 1SS Camaro and a truck
I do not believe going down in years especially if your car is paid off.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #5
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
I have a dog thats 80# plus. He rides in the passenger seat. I built a wooden platform that conforms to the footwell area of the floor, so that he can lay comfortably on the seat, which is covered. I also built a step thats just over rocker panel height, so he can get in easier. Both fit in the trunk during his rides.

As far as hauling- that's a combination of packing items into the car, and borrowing or renting the right vehicle.
For as many times as I need a truck, I can rent one.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote