Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 05:03 PM   #155
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
I pre-ordered in Nov. I don't have my car yet, but it is scheduled to get built next week. I don't see why all the bitching and whining about not having a pre-ordered car is so popular here. I've waited since 2002 to get another Camaro, I can wait another few months if needed. I'm just GLAD to see that they actually built the cars, and that the general population is now getting them. Yes, some people got their cars earlier than others. Big deal. Life isn't fair. If you just HAD to have a car today, I'm sure the right amount of zeroes on a check could persuade a current 2010 owner to let theirs go.

I look forward to having one in my garage soon!
You're missing the entire point. NO ONE is bitching about not having their pre-ordered car (built) yet. People are bitching about non pre-orders being built before pre-orders. And they are absolutely correct.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:10 PM   #156
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Please....

A simple "Area 51" update is what we are after !!!!..... someone just give us a .... &^%$ ...... update!!!

:bangdesk:
Old 05-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #157
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Sorry. I was typing when he replied. It just makes me nervous that it takes a rioting mob to get an answer for something like this.
Unfortunately, all too often in the last few months this forum has degenerated to a rioting mob mentality. Certainly people can voice concerns, ask questions, and hope for answers, but it can be done with far better attitudes and demeanor than what has been seen over and over from far too many participants on this forum.
Clyde
Old 05-07-2009, 05:19 PM   #158
YellowFin

Drives: 2016 Colorado Z71
PHEW!!! I hope the tips of your fingers aren't blistered from typing so much. Haha! Try not to take the negativity personally. The public can be strange. Most are just venting. Emotions are high with excitement and waiting just isn't anyone's first choice. Frustration will get the best of anyone. I deal with these things everyday from employees, contractors, and customers. Sometimes they just need to blow off some steam. I think that's what most of the negativity is. Everyone knows the Camaro will be worth the wait!
2010 Camaro SS

Current:
2016 Chevy Colorado 4X4 Z71 in black
2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS in red
Old 05-07-2009, 05:20 PM   #159
Wild Bill

Drives: Camaro 2015 RS CRM
Thanks, fbod! I don't post much but I did want to thank you for a sincere accounting of your thoughts.

One thought for everyone out there. I have taken every single new car I have bought (this is at least 20 cars) off the lot. This includes Camaros, Vettes, Malibus (wife) and others. I have never waited for a car. I have also settled on things like color, packages, etc.

I ordered my perfect Camaro.
I too, am frustrated and I did not order until 4/6.
I will be patient for my first Camaro since my 2000 SS.
I will go Postal if my dealer reneges on my written deal of MSRP at time of delivery. I have bought 3 cars from this dealer and I will do a little more than just walk away with my deposit, if he pulls a fast one. That is unacceptable. There will be calls to lawyers, Att. Generals, media etc.

Thanks for taking the time to read my rant!

Last edited by Wild Bill; 05-07-2009 at 05:35 PM. Reason: styling
Old 05-07-2009, 05:43 PM   #160
marczsport
GM Forever!

Drives: 06' Envoy ; 05' Impala
Send a message via AIM to marczsport
Thumbs up

Scott- I don't care WHAT GM is paying you. There is NO WAY that it is NEAR enough!

If they had someone involved with each model that GM produces that had HALF the passion and dedication that you do, GM would be on the top of the world!

My sincere thanks to you and the entire Camaro team for a job well done! I feel for the people who have ordered and not yet received. It'll be a while before I have saved up enough to buy my own, so I understand the frustration of having to wait. But wait I will, and I will be that much more satisfied when I finally sit down, turn the key, and drive away!
Old 05-07-2009, 05:56 PM   #161
hw
VIN:3802

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
CWIweldace:

Geez, does anyone besides me, recall that we had been told that Preorders were targeted to be completed by the Third Quarter???????

Consider this folks, you have 15,000 preorders, each uniquely defined and optioned to individual tastes. I am no mathematician, but conceivably this could result in 15.000 different cominations of options. Add to this the Dealer cars (some 6,000 or so vehicles) and Some cars for dealer stock, which takes away your ability to get exactly what you want should you elect to go that route. Assuming you build two additional cars for dealer stock, we are looking at 33,000 vehicles pushed into the pipeline. That is basically a third of what GM was intending to build at the time of announcement of this vehicle (Ed Peper and Bob Lutz were hoping for 100k vehicle sales each model year to sustain this car in production).
Lets forget about the problem cars for now. Since everything is running smoothly on the shop floor and the cars are coming off the line. Please explain why there are still pre-orders at 1100 and folks are getting their cars after ordering them just a couple of months ago.

I guess that since the pre-orders were promised to get their cars by the third quarter then they should just sit back and wait. After all they will get them prior to the third quarter.

GM should look to Boeing Aircraft Company to see how a profitable company sales items. You buy it, you get in the back of the line, and your product will be built when your turn comes up.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #162
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by hw View Post
Lets forget about the problem cars for now...

Let's not.

GM should look to Boeing Aircraft Company to see how a profitable company sales items. You buy it, you get in the back of the line, and your product will be built when your turn comes up.
Now that is one of the most intelligent comparisons I've seen to date.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:07 PM   #163
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by hw View Post
...You buy it, you get in the back of the line, and your product will be built when your turn comes up.
What a concept.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:09 PM   #164
Mason44

Drives: 2011 2SS
Well said Scott! Its always nice to read what you have to say. You make great points and don't lose your head. Its great to have people like you working for GM. You have made this whole experience for me a great one and I would like to thank you for everything you have done.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:10 PM   #165
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
People are bitching about non pre-orders being built before pre-orders. And they are absolutely correct.
I can't believe how many times this has to be said .....and still people don't get it.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #166
dirtdog67
Menehune

Drives: Currently: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
You're missing the entire point. NO ONE is bitching about not having their pre-ordered car (built) yet. People are bitching about non pre-orders being built before pre-orders. And they are absolutely correct.
It is a little annoying when you've waited and waited for your car only to have someone who didn't pre-order to walk in and buy their car. I agree with you.

Back to "some thoughts on 'recent' developments on this site:"

Patience is paramount at this time. Everything was explained and "poured out" perfectly in your statement. Please know that the majority of us are patiently waiting and anticipating that day when we are sitting in our dream machines. I personally want to acknowledge and thank everyone on the assembly line and those who do give a d@mn at GM (I believe that number to be higher than some want to admit or acknowledge). Thank you for your insight and for placing your heart on your sleeve. You are appreciated!!!

Old 05-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #167
DZbob

Drives: 2010 RJT Camaro M6
Send a message via ICQ to DZbob
Sometimes we go through life and put everything we have into a project. There is always someone that expects more, or someone who doesn't agree with what we have done. You and your GM staff have done a great job with the 2010 Camaro.You listened to us, the consumer. I pre-ordered in October of 2008 and cannot wait to pick up my car. This will be my 5th Camaro and I feel that it will definately be the best. So GREAT WORK SCOTT, don't let the few nay-sayers get you down.
:thum bup:
Old 05-07-2009, 06:23 PM   #168
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Unfortunately, all too often in the last few months this forum has degenerated to a rioting mob mentality. Certainly people can voice concerns, ask questions, and hope for answers, but it can be done with far better attitudes and demeanor than what has been seen over and over from far too many participants on this forum.
Clyde

Clyde, I'm not one of the dissidents (don't mean that in a bad way), but I've only seen one horribly offensive post in this thread. That was earlier this afternoon and it has since, as I fully expected, been removed and I'm sure the originator banned. There are valid gripes here and they are being presented in a respectible manner by, IMO, some of the classier members of this forum. They have a perfect right to do that just as you have a right to your rioting mob mentality opinion.

Closed Thread