Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 08:39 AM   #183
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro10 View Post
Those of you who say you don't like the upper grille,between the headlights, or that it looks cheap, do you not realize that this is the same style grille from the concept?
i still don't think i like the lowergrille the upper grille is perfectly fine i just want it in silver like the concept with the gold bowtie and the halo's and i think i'd prefer the lower grille more like the concept...but again as long as i can just switch the grille on my own i'll be happy
Old 07-12-2008, 08:48 AM   #184
chevydude26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucerovski View Post
I might be the only person on the board that detests the grille; both this blacked-out one and the one on the original concept. It looks like cheap plastic and I've never warmed up to its chunky look.

I'd much rather have one that looks like this. (NOT the rest of the mods, just the grille!)
if you like that version no offense but you got weird taste
Old 07-12-2008, 08:48 AM   #185
96CAMaro

Drives: '02 Impreza 2.5RS
This Camaro looks great. Can you even begin to imagine what the top level Camaro is going to look like? Freakin' sweet! Oh, I'm glad Chevy did it right with the fog light, unlike Ford on their Mustangs. Come on, fog lights are not supposed to be at the same level as the original head lights.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:54 AM   #186
chevydude26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Perhaps I'm being too sarcastic but I don't think it's too much to ask that they stick to the "promised" design as close as possible. For years now we're hearing them boast about how close to the concept the production car will be and that the only things they change had to be for safety reasons or production reasons.

But now we get close to the unveiling and we see changes that are cosmetic and completely arbitrary looking and I can tell that I'm not the only one here who feels a bit cheated. Maybe too many people tried too hard to sell us the concept and how much this would be like that?

I'm not real happy about the way it's coming along. I don't know if the disciples were shown some of these changes and had no opinions. I'm hoping these leaks are them "testing the water" to see reaction. If so then I suggest people who have been fawning over this take off your "camaro" colored glasses and look at it objectively. If this were the new Mustang would you be so in LOVE with that lower fascia? I hope not. It looks so 80's car to me. That thing really detracts from the entire car.

It's like someone having a brand new car and someone bashes the door in and never gets it fixed sort of pitiful looking.

Maybe someone less bitter can explain this better than me.
your last 3 posts before this have been entirely on point...it does feel like many on this site are drinking the kool-aid and don't want to criticize it...criticizing is good...it helps the final product become a better product...your not the only one who feels like this....

and the majority of people who will buy a camaro will not be camaro enthusiasts....many of them too will feel like its not quite like the concept and say what happened to bumblebee...

but at the same time there is some changes we can do in the aftermarket to make it look more like the concept like a new rear bumper to get rid of that bump...i know the halo's will be an option and the lower front fascia will probably be interchangeable....all is not lost and a few minor tweaks will have it looking concept like...

afterburners....oh a man can dream right???
Old 07-12-2008, 08:56 AM   #187
MotorCityAgent
The Collector Protector

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Blacked out bow-tie...?

Not that I wouldn't love a blacked out bow-tie but I don't think it's blacked out in this pic. Instead, I think it's covered with electrical tape, or, some other black tape.

Just zoom in on the pic.

Don't get me wrong, I think this car is bad a$$!

"If its worth collecting, its worth protecting!"

:5thgenvert:

Contact me for a FREE Do-Not-Touch Sign
Old 07-12-2008, 09:25 AM   #188
dvnt88
Kickin' Assphalt

Drives: 1997 Z-28 30th Anniversary Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Awesome closeup shots
"Holy-S**t", That looks sweeeeeet, will definitely be getting an SS, but not the 1st production year as I would really like to have the LS3. I agree that the yellow tail lights look a little odd, but I'm sure the aftermarket manufacturers will have this covered, especially in an LED set-up.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:32 AM   #189
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
Thanksgoodness for after market stuff on spoilers etc. That will make everyone happy.

Thanks for the pic.. i'm just holding my breath waiting for the engine I drove someone elses LS3 corvette... what a beast. it just had a computer tune all else stock and made my trans am look like a slouch.

2001 Corvette
Heads,Big cam, 4:11, Custom Exhaust, MGW Shifter Baer Eradispeed +2 2 pieces rotors, Hotchkiss swaybars. and a few other little things.

1998 Trans Am A4 ( was STS turbo until the turbo and oil pump died)

2000 WS6 Trans AM under the knife ( sadly turned into long term project.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:00 AM   #190
scorpio

Drives: E46 BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
I’m just not digging that front fascia. It does not fit the car; makes it look bulky to me… Give me the nice smooth fascia without the cheekbones… I know this is an IVER, but this fascia looks wide and too plasticized… I don't know, After looking at the first pics with the production headlights, it's really starting to rub off on me. Now back to "The All Mighty Street Fighter"
I totally concur. Moving the foglights to the sides destroys the proportions of the front. the lower grille is too large and distracts from the upper one too much.

In general, it emphasizes the problem that the body of the pre-production models seems to be more narrow and tall compared to the concept one which is more wide and lower.

I also can't understand why there is this ugly step between the rear body panels and the trunk on top of the rear lights. I looks very unintentional and I hope we will not see this on the production models.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #191
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post

I totally concur. Moving the foglights to the sides destroys the proportions of the front. the lower grille is too large and distracts from the upper one too much.

In general, it emphasizes the problem that the body of the pre-production models seems to be more narrow and tall compared to the concept one which is more wide and lower.

I also can't understand why there is this ugly step between the rear body panels and the trunk on top of the rear lights. I looks very unintentional and I hope we will not see this on the production models.

Wow, I never noticed that bump until you mentioned it.

While I don't like the lower grille, the upper grille is perfect.

That rear bump does seem like a booboo...maybe it's required for the bumper (although that seems too low)?

This picture also makes me not like the backup lights. They never bothered me before...but they look really out of place in this picture.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #192
Mblock66

Drives: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
Oh man the other thing that totally sucks is the molded license plate bracket. I was hoping that they wouldn't do that. Although NJ has a mandatory front plate right now, if I bought a camaro I wasn't going to run one. No one with a vette runs one here. That really stinks that they did that, on top of that for the states that don't require a front plate you now have that ugly plate molding on the bumper.

Blah
Old 07-12-2008, 10:51 AM   #193
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
my one complaint... and upon seeing this it has grown into something that stands out and flips me off everytime i look at the car.

the front mounted plate. thats the best place it could be? i LOVE EVERYTHING about the car except for this. i dont have a problem with the grill, bumper or headlights, just the mounted plate.

reminds me of my uncles 96' mitsu Eclipse. Ew.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #194
Myka
ritired suthern gentlman

Drives: nothing now
There may be a fix for the front license plate. What if you could attach it with a magnet? I don't know of any sites off hand but I'm pretty sure there's a market for such things.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:00 AM   #195
Mblock66

Drives: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
There are usually great aftermarket options for plate mounting but some cars come with a molded plate holder like that automatically from the factory. And since you see it there I would bet the bank on it that it will be standard like that
Old 07-12-2008, 11:01 AM   #196
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Yet another reason why I can't stand New York. The freaking front plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblock66 View Post
Oh man the other thing that totally sucks is the molded license plate bracket. I was hoping that they wouldn't do that. Although NJ has a mandatory front plate right now, if I bought a camaro I wasn't going to run one. No one with a vette runs one here. That really stinks that they did that, on top of that for the states that don't require a front plate you now have that ugly plate molding on the bumper.

Blah

Closed Thread