Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 02-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #869
Inferno_SSRS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by puertoricanfont View Post
Ok so my inspection is up next month and I need to get a tune to get rid of the CEL to pass inspection. Who's the nearest best tuner near our area. Im thinking of getting a tune and dyno done by RDP in Ohio.
I would recommend New Era Performance in Rochester.

Inferno_SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #870
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Ok so my inspection is up next month and I need to get a tune to get rid of the CEL to pass inspection. Who's the nearest best tuner near our area. Im thinking of getting a tune and dyno done by RDP in Ohio.
I'm getting mine done at RDP also. Next closest would be New Era in Rochester.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #871
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I'm getting mine done at RDP also. Next closest would be New Era in Rochester.
When are you planning to go?
Old 02-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #872
Sunset6928

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I am new to this guys. I need some help with exhaust. My 2010 will be out of storage in a couple of weeks. I want a new exhaust system. Does anyone know about the system for the Camaro made by Mufflerman. About $1,700 for the complete system, installed, no tax. Is this something I should do, or am I doing this all wrong. My 2SS/RS is completely stock. I have a CAI in mind to purchase and Santa brought me a power control module and a Mass air Sensor. Don't laugh to hard guys, as I said I am new at this. I just want some nice noise to listen to. A little more HP. Thanks to anyone for a little help.
Sunset6928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #873
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
When are you planning to go?
As soon as the weather breaks and get some rain to wash away the salt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset6928 View Post
I am new to this guys. I need some help with exhaust. My 2010 will be out of storage in a couple of weeks. I want a new exhaust system. Does anyone know about the system for the Camaro made by Mufflerman. About $1,700 for the complete system, installed, no tax. Is this something I should do, or am I doing this all wrong. My 2SS/RS is completely stock. I have a CAI in mind to purchase and Santa brought me a power control module and a Mass air Sensor. Don't laugh to hard guys, as I said I am new at this. I just want some nice noise to listen to. A little more HP. Thanks to anyone for a little help.
Welcome to the forums and Upstate C5! We are all here to help and share our experiences with each other so remember, no question is too stupid and I promise we won't laugh at you for asking! Well at least I won't, I don't know about some of the other guys around here! Just kidding, great group of guys, and gals, here!!

In answer to your question, Mufflerman is at the top of my list for quality product and service! I had them install my Solo Mach-X cat back, quad tips, and high flows and they do amazing work and love what they do! The Solo system sounds INCREDIBLE! The guys at Mufflerman and Solo are real professionals and are anal about installing everything perfectly! They also like to line up outside after the work is done so they can hear your exhaust when you take off down Delaware Ave! I think you will be thrilled by doing an exhaust system! The stock sound is WAY to quiet! The next mod I would do is a good quality cai. Let us know when you start shopping and we can help you out with a list of top choices!

Question, what are they proposing to do for the $1700?

edit: I forgot to say that the power module is useless and will possibly void your warranty! Also, no need for a new mass flow sensor unless you have one of the "weak" ones!
Old 02-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #874
techinny

Drives: '18 Sierra Denali '05 GMC 2500HD
Welcome Sunset6928, $1700 sounds like a lot of money for a exhaust but I don't know what is included even with install. If you got to the first page of the Official Upstate C5 thread and want to join our club if you haven't already, you can get signed up. The first page is also where the events the club is getting together for are listed.

Had: 2010 SS/RS M6 Hurst STS, Noweeds
techinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #875
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Welcome to the threads,these guys won't miss lead you either. ssmike had his work done at Mufflerman. He recommended them to me. I called them on a Friday& told them what I needed done. Asked there hours,when he told me they were open Sat. I asked if i could come in the morning. 8 o,clock appointment. Drove 167 miles one way.I would recommend them to anyone Nice people GREAT product. Good luck.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #876
Sunset6928

There are two pieces for the exhaust. They showed me both pieces. One was a long large one for the back, the other being the one with the converter. $897.00 for the back. $675.00 for the front. Said with both pieces I would gain about 22 HP. So Santa's (wife) gifts of $239 and $135 are useless. Wow she won't be happy. I'm not happy. Parts are from classic industries. They say up to 17 HP for both in the catalog. See how new I am at this. I am older, I should know better. Thanks for the help. The CAI I am interested in is from CAI. I think I would like the ram air piece and the washer relocation kit. Ok?
Old 02-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #877
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

I'm not familiar with Classic Industries so I can't help you there. When you mentioned Mufflerman I automatically assumed Solo! The CAI product is a good one for the units that install in the stock location. I personally went with a Vararam which is an over the radiator type (OTR).

One word of advise, be very cautious of manufacturers HP gains claims! With cat back exhaust systems there is little if any gain in HP. However, if you replace the catalytic converters with high flow types you will definatley feel the difference! That is where all the restriction is in the stock exhaust! Do you have an auto or manual trans?
Old 02-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #878
Sunset6928

Auto
Old 02-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #879
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Hey sunset if your looking for more sound I would recommend just getting a sw retro back catback system from apex for about 1000bucks shipped. Quality item and will definitely wake up the car. Add another few hundred dollars for installation and you sved some cash. Cai brand is a very good brand for your cold air intake, combine that with the scoop and washer bottle relocation and you can pick up a few horses. Last question, what type of gas are you using and have you done a fuse pull. I notice that your an auto and the auto benefit the most from a fuse pull.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #880
Sunset6928

Thanks for the info. Guys, I had a 340 duster back in 1970. I use to know a lot about this stuff. Things have changed a lot. My Duster was $5,200. I have wanted a Camaro since day 1. Dad said nothing over 350 cubes. I know nothing about today's cars. I finally got the car last Feb. you have to talk down to me. (My language). Mid range fuel. Never 89. What's a fuse pull. Again, thank you so much for all the info. You can see I need a lot of help!
Old 02-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #881
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
spike III build

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Guys, I had a 340 duster back in 1970. I use to know a lot about this stuff. Things have changed a lot. My Duster was $5,200. I have wanted a Camaro since day 1. Dad said nothing over 350 cubes. I know nothing about today's cars. I finally got the car last Feb. you have to talk down to me. (My language). Mid range fuel. Never 89. What's a fuse pull. Again, thank you so much for all the info. You can see I need a lot of help!
You should be using 93 octane in that. There is ups & downs in the fuse pull. Some do fuse pull with no mods on engine. Others are doing it for fuel mileage. They say that they put low octane in them from day 1. There is 2 fuses under the hood & 1 in the trunk. I 'v done a few mods on mine but have not pulled the fuses yet & am still deciding on it. If you do pull them let the car sit 24 hrs. then put them back in.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #882
kcox2010
synergy2011

Drives: 2011 synergy green 1ss/rs
Send a message via AIM to kcox2010
Quote:
Hey I have the solo Mach x exhaust from mufflerman I had the high flow cats too untill I decide to install long tube headers if u want to hear thee a video on YouTube kcox2405 with exhaust a headers welcome also Keith