Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-27-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
cerberus

Drives: 2010 CGM
Ground Effects-ground clearance and curb ramps

I am getting my car tomorrow with the GFX and I was told that the front spoiler sits at least an inch or two lower. I know I hit the curb once prior to the GFX install. My question is does anyone know how much lower it sits and has anyone used curb ramps like this: http://www.bridjit.com/ and if so, what has been the reaction of the Homeowners Assc and local goverment?

Thanks in advance...
Old 08-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #2
BalogUK
THE architect.

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
the front splitter does NOT lower the front at all- it projects further which may affect your approach angle... your clearance is still 5" minimum up front.

as for the curb ramps, i've talked to the guy at Bridjit- it sounds promising, but man they're pricey...especially when you factor in shipping out east...
he's got a distributor here in Atlanta- but the price is bumped up, so its essentially the same as shipping cross country.

and I only need 10' of ramp, not 12' (im in my townhome, with only a single bay drive)
#34122 EMPTIED, AT YARD ON 8/26/09; Delivered 9/07/09
MODS: Borla ATAK Cat-Back GFX (#140378), 35% Ceramic all-around, CAI, Inc. Intake w/ Scoop, Hurst Short Throw, Heritage Grille, GM Dove Tail, Laser Interceptor Triple v8.9, Passport Max, Pfadt ZL Stage 2

Last edited by BalogUK; 08-27-2009 at 06:26 PM.
BalogUK is offline   Reply With Quote