Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-10-2010, 02:27 PM   #29
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
LOWDOWN... Whatever dude. Last time I checked this was a CAMARO forum. If you like a Mustang, Challenger, Corvette or whatever that's fine but don't come in here saying how much better it is. It gets old. If I want to read about how freakin great a corvette is, I'll go over to the corvette forum and you can bet your ass I WON'T be telling them how much better I think a Camaro is. Some people are just so stupid or can't comprehend anything.

And for the $3500 interior upgrade comment... I have that or less more in my Camaro and it runs better than the 07 Corvette I had. I just wasn't that impressed with it. Sure, it was nice eye candy but otherwise Eh.

For the cost arguement, MSRP to MSRP new is the ONLY way to compare. Who gives a shit what you can get a used Corvette for. Same can be said for a used Camaro. They cost less.

I'm done.
In the origional post I was not even comparing the Vette to the Camaro, not my intention and not even on my mind. I guess the main point was that they managed to show the Corvette in a very good light and made it very appealing. Check it out if you can and you will see what i was talking about, particularly the on track session.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #30
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion Come chat about other cars.

Guess my OnStar sent me the wrong directions...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #31
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post

Guess my OnStar sent me the wrong directions...
Nobody is going to argue with you on that one! Now if you said that you actually got here with OnStar, that would be different.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #32
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
I wasn't comparing the Z06 to a Camaro...I was saying a GS Vette is not a Z06!

I've owned a Camaro SS and now a Z06...of the two, for my situation, my taste, my needs...the Z06 is the winner...again, I've owned both so I have an opinion.

...and I'm here because I was/am a part of this community.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:35 PM   #33
VonDutch

Drives: Z06 Corvette
Speed Test Drive made me want a Vette

Some guys tripp too hard

I've been a Chevy fan since I was a little kid.

And now I'm a Corvette junkie ,

I've taken alot of crap over the years from my sisters, Daughter, Mom etc;

Us vette guys are all over this site, Because we like what you drive too !

The Corvette is grandfather to the Camaro

So respect your Elders lol

This car is sub 3000 lbs has Brembo brakes, Coilovers and over 500hp to the rear wheels

And it's the best car I've ever owned in my entire life

In fact I like it better today, Than the day I bought it

Vettetrick.com

Last edited by VonDutch; 12-11-2010 at 07:51 AM.
VonDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #34
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
We love both our Camaro and our Corvette. Different things for different people. Both loved by those that own them. I have had more Vettes than anything else I have owned and I am sure I will get the C7 as well one day.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #35
stratosphere

Drives: 2015 Stingray & 2011 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDutch View Post
I've been a Chevy fan since I was a little kid.

And now I'm a Corvette junkie ,

Us vette guys are all over this site, Because we like what you drive too !
Well said

Honestly ive had more Camaro's, Z28's, IROC's, (and TA's) than i can even recall, and i loved all of them. Im only on my second vette now, but i still have a soft spot for the Camaro. I was wanting to get a Camaro for a DD, but given that ive decided i will need a 4 door car ill have to let my better half get a new Camaro and i will settle for a Cruze or something like that.

I would never trade the vette for a camaro, just aint going to happen. To those that do, thats cool, and i totally get it. But i don't get some of the resentment. It's true the some of the Vette guys over at a certain other forum can be a bit arrogant, and politically crazy, and a lot of them are old guys who cant or wont drive. But thats fine, let them be who they are, everyone is different.

The new Camaro is an awesome ride
stratosphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:58 AM   #36
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
A GS is not a Z06! It ONLY looks like one! If you want a car that looks like a Z06, then yeah...grab up a GS. It's not only the engine...the frame, suspension, brakes, total performance...everything other than looks.

I was looking at the GS and when I saw pricing going north of $65K on what I wanted (becuase I wanted a Z06)...I bought a used Z06 for $20K less than a new GS would have ran me with low miles, under factory warranty still, 5 yr/100K as well...plus I added GMPP protection for 4 yr/48K miles and I now have a brand new car!

GM developed the GS to look like a Z06 but that is all...a base Vette is actually lighter and faster than a GS! Plus can be had for under $50K loaded! Get a loaded GS and you are looking at well over $70K!

Finally (if you are still reading)...I love my Z06! I loved my Camaro SS too. Hell...592rwhp, supercharged, full suspension, wheels, brakes, everything...had over $20K in my Camaro...loved that thing! It was a very, very nice car...but it doesn't even compare to the Z06...not even close!

Two different cars but given the option (for my situation)...I'd chose the Z06 over a Camaro every time!
Huh? The GS is a Z06 minus 2 main things: LS7 and aluminum frame. Granted, those are important elements of the Z06. The body, brakes, tires, and suspension are all practically pulled from the Z06. In a straight line, the base and the GS are neck and neck. In the twisties, its no contest. In fact, its road course performance is closer to that of the Z06 than it is to the base Corvette.

And while it does look like a Z06 due to the wide body style, not too many individuals beyond the dedicated enthusiasts can tell the difference between a Z06 and a base coupe anyway. Plus, if you can tell the difference between a Z06 and a base coupe, I'm sure you'll be able to identify a GS as well.

BTW, why are you so surprised that a used up-level car costs less than a new fully loaded car thats 1 tier down? You can find a used ZR1 for thousands less than the price of a new fully loaded Z06. Does that make the Z06 suddenly a bad car, because a used ZR1 costs less?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote