Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 07-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #15
jamie

Drives: 2011 cyber gray 1LT
Check with Auto owners insurance company of michigan. Don't have the crazy mods etc you have, but they have always been way lower than the big guys and their claims adjusters/process is second to none. Unfortunately Insurance rates in MI are very high. Good luck. I use Al Bordeau insurance agency. They are in Clarkston MI if you want to look them up..

Last edited by jamie; 07-12-2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: spelling
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #16
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Well as you know Chris just totalled his car at the track and State Farm paid for the stock value and he kept it for salvage.

Now, he buys a new car and using the mods that didn't get damaged one by one off of the old one. Bent headers, bent roll cage and some low dollar external mods is about all he can't use. Whipple will move right over to the new engine.

Your case is a little more extreme (no pun intended) but I would think your insurance is to protect the loan value remaining and you would just eat the rest and salvage what you can. At those prices you would end up paying for it anyway.

Besides in an accident, how many times is the engine and tranny really affected. Mostly body work and suspension takes the hit. JMO
Old 07-13-2011, 12:45 AM   #17
BackinBlack
KASPR

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS RS LS3
Kyle, sell that summer truck and see if Becky can get you into a 3 or 4 yr old used truck. Depreciation slows way down so you can stretch the loan term to fit your monthly payment budget if you don't mind the relatively higher interest on the longer term loan.

I have auto-owners and they say I'm fully covered if my garage falls down on the Camaro during the storage period with just theft and fire, and I'm pretty sure from Nov-May when the car is permanently parked for storage my Homeowners policy covers the Camaro just like it covers anything inside the house.
BackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:25 AM   #18
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Besides in an accident, how many times is the engine and tranny really affected. Mostly body work and suspension takes the hit. JMO
lol... yea, at that rate i would be paying for it. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlack View Post
Kyle, sell that summer truck and see if Becky can get you into a 3 or 4 yr old used truck. Depreciation slows way down so you can stretch the loan term to fit your monthly payment budget if you don't mind the relatively higher interest on the longer term loan.
I may have to reach out to Becky... I would really like a 2009 Silverado... or that new concept GMC Terrain HD, hehehehe.

but selling the truck is out of the question... bought it when i was 15... long paid off... always going to keep that guy. But a good thought... thanks!
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2011, 07:28 AM   #19
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

thanks for the suggestions guys.

I think I have it somewhat figured out. After Progressive told me that EVEN if I am paying for a stated value policy and have an appraisal, Michigan rules state that it is up to the adjuster to pay the stated value or the cash value. Michigan has this system so messed up... I am going to just get the standard insurance and go from there. Still outrageous, but thats what I get for living in God's Country

thanks all
Old 07-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #20
BackinBlack
KASPR

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS RS LS3
Pretty cool you still have your first ride. If I hadn't put mine in a ditch 26 yrs ago being stoopid...
BackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:19 PM   #21
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
thanks for the suggestions guys.

I think I have it somewhat figured out. After Progressive told me that EVEN if I am paying for a stated value policy and have an appraisal, Michigan rules state that it is up to the adjuster to pay the stated value or the cash value. Michigan has this system so messed up... I am going to just get the standard insurance and go from there. Still outrageous, but thats what I get for living in God's Country

thanks all
What part of MI are you in? If you haven't done anything yet I highly recommend you contact my agent. I have shopped many times and NOBODY even comes close to these rates.

PM me if you want his contact info. He's an independent agent and writes for many different companies.
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #22
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlack View Post
Pretty cool you still have your first ride. If I hadn't put mine in a ditch 26 yrs ago being stoopid...
yea.. its pretty cool to have it still. Not sure if it is like the old days.. but my dad complains he doent have his 70 cutless, or 69 chevelle or 78 trans am... so i figured.. if i can have a place to store it.. why not keep them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBear@SpartaChevy View Post
What part of MI are you in? If you haven't done anything yet I highly recommend you contact my agent. I have shopped many times and NOBODY even comes close to these rates.
PM me if you want his contact info. He's an independent agent and writes for many different companies.
I have narrowed it down somewhat... still not happy, but have another week before I have to commit. Will you PM his info... thanks Anna!!