Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #15
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
Very sweet ! ! ! !

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #16
SGDM

Drives: 2016 2SS
Holy Crap! Been watching this car come along and it is pretty crazy. Congrats! Mr. Murphy...

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #17
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Not sure if it's an android thing or not but with my iPhone I used to be able to watch embedded videos. Now all I see is blank squares. Anyone know of a fix? I really want to see this video lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalewsk View Post
Same here when I'm on my iPhone. I can see some embedded videos, but most are white squares...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper12b View Post
I have the same problem with my ipad.

killer runs by the way ! Hopefully next year I'll be able to do the TX Mile.
Its a known issue with IOS 7. The work around for me is to either use a different browser but sometimes sliding from the left hand of the screen to the right and then sliding from the right hand side of the screen to the left sometimes works. Basically what you are doing is sliding through your history and it sometimes does the trick

As for the run

Edit: just curious why were there two people standing on the straps and one sitting on the trunk? That seems like a dangerous thing to do with all the things that can go wrong with that much power on the dyno
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #18
Cammie 2011

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2ss 1LE and 2013 1LE
After all of that Robert, is the pink pig still on the dash? Good stuff Robert!
Old 10-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #19
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Official Member of the 200 MPH Club!

Old 10-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #20
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm!
Old 10-29-2013, 09:54 PM   #21
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
......cuz race car hell yeah
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #22
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Its a known issue with IOS 7. The work around for me is to either use a different browser but sometimes sliding from the left hand of the screen to the right and then sliding from the right hand side of the screen to the left sometimes works. Basically what you are doing is sliding through your history and it sometimes does the trick

As for the run

Edit: just curious why were there two people standing on the straps and one sitting on the trunk? That seems like a dangerous thing to do with all the things that can go wrong with that much power on the dyno
Tire Slippage- Easier to make two people sit there than put 1000 pounds of sand bags
Old 10-29-2013, 11:13 PM   #23
RSCHRIS
RSCHRIS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Wow, just let it rain on them !!!! Sweet bowtie's
RSCHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:26 AM   #24
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Wow, haven't been on here all evening and open it to find this.... Very cool and thanks all.... It was a great weekend, despite the troubles... because racecar...

I was chasing the fastest standing mile run, but fell short again due to the head gasket....

I apologize if I forget any of you guys, but to my knowledge....

Snappy, in a Orange Convertible built by Sam88gta is the current and standing record holder.... He set the new record last March at 210.9, and then bested it this October... The previous record, held for three years was by MTI out of Atlanta with a 203.X run... Until Snappy surpassed that, there was only one other car that had accomplished a 200+ run and it was 201.X

Snappy (don't believe he is a member but his tuner/builder is) blew through the one mile course at a blistering 217 mph....

Chris Colture, in his amazing looking car went 206 but belt problems were keeping him from any higher speeds..... Chris has several 200+ runs starting last March as well...

I ran the 203.4 on my second pass.... and was on pace for a 220 plus but racecar. We blew off a fitting at the brake booster and I lost boost reference and the boost shot up to 30 psi and pushed the head gasket. I was at 210+ at the 3/4 mile when that occurred... Oh well, I'll be back in March....

Mylftft, in his beautiful TT powered ZL1 newly built by ADM went 201.X in his first ever appearance at the Texas Mile.... There was a lot of power left on the table with this one, but if I'm not mistaken , the car only has somewhere in the range of 300 miles on it....

There were two other Camaro5 members that ran that I know of... PMJ out of Houston, and Whipped416.

As soon as the official results are released, I'll be posting them in a new thread in the racing section with all of the cars, owners etc....

As for the people on the trunk, me in the middle and two other from the shop on the straps... We do that in an attempt to help with tire spin... The dyno max's out at 1200 hp, and we were way beyond that, without spraying nitrous... We needed a full rpm range pull to check the AFR's, we all know the risk and it's our choice... There are four straps holding the back end down, and she still blows the tires off around 5000 rpm.... We finally got a good run out to 6800 hundred or so and packed up to head to Beeville. That's me sitting on the trunk in the video, Rob the mechanic and Justin the fabricator... We rotated positions occasionally.... Believe me, we don't like it either,

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:34 AM   #25
amitkhare

Drives: Chevrolet
Thumbs up

WOW, that car is sweet!

amitkhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:41 AM   #26
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
Can't see this on my iPad guess I'll switch to my galaxy.

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:03 AM   #27
Blackone

Drives: 2011er SS in black!...what else?
RESPEKT
Old 10-30-2013, 06:56 AM   #28
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Tire Slippage- Easier to make two people sit there than put 1000 pounds of sand bags
Are you saying Robert is fat???