Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 09-19-2010, 09:11 AM   #715
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by andredmg View Post
Very clean car, rims, paint the whole appearance is perfect and not over done VERY COOL!!!

Well, thank you very much!!!

On the outside, all I really want to do is rear GM Dovetail and front facia. Still thinking about the GFX. I suppose it's actually kind of good that I have not yet been able to afford it as it gives me that extra time to think about what I really want to end up doing. We'll see about adding some interior "bling" here in the near future as well.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #716
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Dove tail ordered in CGM from Tom Henry. HURRY UP GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stainless Steel MTI brake lines arrived and are awaiting install...THANKS MRS.TAG!!!!!!!!!!!

DSV Customs black leather 4 gauge pack, center console lid, and shifter boot all ordered. THANKS JON!!!!!

Now...for some suspension upgrades......

Oh...and 17,050 miles...and two new rear tires....CHECK. $570
Two custom painted rear rims with new scratches on each courtesy of Discount Tire? CHECK....
Old 12-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #717
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Sweet!

I'll be calling Tom here shortly

Dove tail in IBM

Can't wait to see em Doug!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #718
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Dove tail ordered in CGM from Tom Henry. HURRY UP GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That'll look nice. Gotta post pics when it comes in.

Stainless Steel MTI brake lines arrived and are awaiting install...THANKS MRS.TAG!!!!!!!!!!!

Well alright Mrs. TAG You rock.

DSV Customs black leather 4 gauge pack, center console lid, and shifter boot all ordered. THANKS JON!!!!!

Florida guys aren't all bad.

Now...for some suspension upgrades......

Wheelie bars.

Oh...and 17,050 miles...and two new rear tires....CHECK. $570
Two custom painted rear rims with new scratches on each courtesy of Discount Tire? CHECK.... big oops. bummer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Sweet!

What are you gonna call him? Mr. Dove Tail ?

Dove tail in IBM

Post 'em up. Hopefully they arrive quicker than the Heritage Grilles did.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:03 PM   #719
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Two custom painted rear rims with new scratches on each courtesy of Discount Tire? CHECK....
make them get the wheels fixed that's unacceptable.

seriously
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #720
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Journal.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #721
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Sweet!

Dove tail in IBM

Me too...Robert (here in town) gets the first RJT dove tail and he's been in touch with a guy from GM on it. Still no word...but the fact that they are concerned with the long term use of the heavier trunk lid on the same old hydraulics under the lid. Heavier could either mean worn out faster or not even strong enough for the time being to lift the lid. I'm curious where they are at with it. But sheesh...I'm ready already! I wish this thing was ready!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post

Post 'em up. Hopefully they arrive quicker than the Heritage Grilles did.
AMEN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
make them get the wheels fixed that's unacceptable.

seriously
There's really no fixing these machined wheels. Once metal is basically ground down, there's no putting it back. It's not a huge scratch, but you know...a scratch is a scratch. I filled out the customer survey. We'll see what comes of that or if it's deleted by the recipient, shuffled away for later use, whatever... But, really, there's no other way to fix it than to buy new wheels and I'm sure they won't go that far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Journal.
Grat-z.

I need to get to check'in on Pumpkin!
Old 12-12-2010, 05:27 PM   #722
Merc
In The Circle

Cool. Kinda thought you ingnoring Pumpkin.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #723
Merc
In The Circle

Panther Wheels up here in the Great White North fix em. They filll in the damaged areas with weld then machine and polish them. $225 a wheel though, not cheap. A little scratch or a serious curbing, still costs the same.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:13 PM   #724
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Nope..just falling more and more behind every day...lol...

Good Lord, man... That would be great if you had 3k in wheels. Sucks for me... I put, maybe, $400 per wheel. I filled out a customer satisfaction survey. We'll see what happens.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:57 PM   #725
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Can't.....stop.....staring......

Looks gorgeous everytime I see her, Doug.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:22 AM   #726
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Can't.....stop.....staring......

Looks gorgeous everytime I see her, Doug.
Thanks, Joe! Now...when you gonna get YOURS!
Old 12-13-2010, 05:49 AM   #727
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Doug, Still no word on the GM Dove Tail Spoiler...

I've been waiting since April 11th... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... ..... ....

So, What is Santa Clause bringing for Christmas for the Camaro... I see where you got some braided brake lines... Anything else in the works...

I will make a concentrated effort to finish the engine cover before I have to come back here... The radiator cover should be ready shortly after I get home... It'll just depend on what it looks like when I get there... I want to make sure the clear coat is good to go...

With Brandi going in the shop, I won't have much to do... but I do have a question,, If Brandi is in the shop, and it's not too cold, can I ride my Harley to the Friday night meets... ??????

I'm going to start my own build thread before too long... Trying to gather a little more information... May have to sell the Harley to make sure Brandi gets all the components she needs...Corey is now talking LS-9 with the Twins... Could be a pretty decent running car...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:16 AM   #728
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Doug, Still no word on the GM Dove Tail Spoiler...

I've been waiting since April 11th... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... ..... ....

So, What is Santa Clause bringing for Christmas for the Camaro... I see where you got some braided brake lines... Anything else in the works...

I will make a concentrated effort to finish the engine cover before I have to come back here... The radiator cover should be ready shortly after I get home... It'll just depend on what it looks like when I get there... I want to make sure the clear coat is good to go...

With Brandi going in the shop, I won't have much to do... but I do have a question,, If Brandi is in the shop, and it's not too cold, can I ride my Harley to the Friday night meets... ??????

I'm going to start my own build thread before too long... Trying to gather a little more information... May have to sell the Harley to make sure Brandi gets all the components she needs...Corey is now talking LS-9 with the Twins... Could be a pretty decent running car...
An LS9 with TWINS?!?!?! You are planning on adding a parachute with that thing, right? I think I might need a FEW drives around the block, ya know. ....add some wings to it....a rudder...we'll be good to go!

On the engine and radiator covers, no problem. Can't wait to see how they look all finished off. It'll be a one of a kind, that's for sure. Just let me know!

Dove tail....:( Tell them to just give me the damn thing already and I'll figure out the shocks on my own end if I need to. Sheesh, GM...

I don't know how much other stuff I'm getting from Santa. I got the brake lines already from Kevin at MTI via Dana. Jon is sending me my center console stuff hopefully soon. I think Santa wants me to complete it out with a nice leather console base. We'll see...

But, suspension is where it's at. I'm working at getting some prices down. I just had to toss on $570 worth of rear tires. OUCH....that could have been my spring and sway set up. DAMNIT, MAN!

Tags
adjustable camber plates, camarocross, cgm, cyber gray metallic, factory reproductions, hertz, jl audio, litho, pedders, rick-rolled, rodgers chevrolet, stainless works, supercars, tom henry, zl1 bumper