Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #3221
matthook

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
Those are some awesome rims! Love them

Team LFX Thread Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187109
Team LFX Group: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=306
matthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #3222
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
LOL, it was awesome. The name you put on there was priceless. I was thinking........ ah.... potential client. LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthook View Post
Those are some awesome rims! Love them
Forgeline. 20" and they are awesome compared to the shit I had on before. LOL
Old 05-16-2012, 06:48 AM   #3223
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
LOL, it was awesome. The name you put on there was priceless. I was thinking........ ah.... potential client. LMAO

Forgeline. 20" and they are awesome compared to the shit I had on before. LOL
who did I put? been so many people busted... I can't remember who all I've used. lol
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:14 AM   #3224
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:

Excellent - the cutouts sound great. Scare some little old ladies with those !!!

...and the rims & Bonnie - priceless !!
Old 05-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #3225
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
who did I put? been so many people busted... I can't remember who all I've used. lol
Can't remember exactly but it was something with Ts in it. Like Torrence Trentine ..... I'm sure that's not even close but it wasn't ANYTHING even remotely recognizable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Excellent - the cutouts sound great. Scare some little old ladies with those !!!

...and the rims & Bonnie - priceless !!
I'm so loving my set-up. I'm starting to look at old pics of my Savinis and think they looked too big. Probably because I'm getting used to these.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #3226
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
I knew you would like the cut outs......
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #3227
PQ
Booooosted.

Scared to use them though. lol

I actually got pulled over in GA this weekend for my exhaust noise. ON THE INTERSTATE.

There was an accident and as they were weeding us down to passing the scene in the far right lane he was sitting right there with his window open. Once I got through I gassed on it and my exhaust was right in his window as he sat in the drivers seat.

Well, pissed him off. He told me he's not going to write me up but he used to be a Trooper in Bama and he knows my car is not legal and I should be advised that even though they don't do testing in Bama that it's still illegal.

He let me go telling me to be a little more courteous. I didn't argue. But I truly didn't realize my exhaust noise was hitting him in the side of the head.

So now that I have cut-outs I'm scared to use them.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #3228
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Scared to use them though. lol

I actually got pulled over in GA this weekend for my exhaust noise. ON THE INTERSTATE.

There was an accident and as they were weeding us down to passing the scene in the far right lane he was sitting right there with his window open. Once I got through I gassed on it and my exhaust was right in his window as he sat in the drivers seat.

Well, pissed him off. He told me he's not going to write me up but he used to be a Trooper in Bama and he knows my car is not legal and I should be advised that even though they don't do testing in Bama that it's still illegal.

He let me go telling me to be a little more courteous. I didn't argue. But I truly didn't realize my exhaust noise was hitting him in the side of the head.

So now that I have cut-outs I'm scared to use them.
I call BS on the trooper.....reason I say so is because about 2 months ago I went to Summitt Racing in ATL...well when I was coming back I stopped for gas and a Georgia State Trooper was also there in his Charger.

So while filling up for gas we sarted talking and I told him we should race...of course he laughed and told me if it was later in the day and the interstate was more clear we might could try..... So I ask him specifically about if Ga had a noise law and he asked why........So when I started to leave I opened up the cutouts, rev'd the motor and told him this is why I ask.

He told me that Georgia had no noise law on exhaust but that it did have a noise law on stereo's???????

Maybe they guy was just being a jerk.

I have not had any problems here in Alabama or in Georgia since I got my cut outs ................but then again you are a product tester and if it is going to happen it will happen to you.......

Last edited by Dr Jkel; 05-16-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #3229
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
I call BS on the trooper.....reason I say so is because about 2 months ago I went to Summitt Racing in ATL...well when I was coming back I stopped for gas and a Georgia State Trooper was also there in his Charger.

So while filling up for gas we sarted talking and I told him we should race...of course he laughed and told me if it was later in the day and the interstate was more clear we might could try..... So I ask him specifically about if Ga had a noise law and he asked why........So when I started to leave I opened up the cutouts, rev'd the motor and told him this is why I ask.

He told me that Georgia had no noise law on exhaust but that it did have a noise law on stereo's???????

I have not had any problems here in Alabama or in Georgia since I got my cut outs ................but then again you are a product tester and if it is going to happen it will happen to you.......
NO doubt.

This particular LEO was a County Deputy. Can't remember which county but it was just as the interstate goes to 3 lanes a little bit into GA. He said he USED to be a trooper in Bama.

BUT, he was obviously pissed that I blasted my exhaust in his ear and never told me that the noise would or could get me in trouble. He just said he knew it was illegal for a set-up. How and why I don't know. I assume he figured I had open headers. But I didn't ask him. I just didn't what a ticket for whatever. hahahaha

I could tell he was pissed but calmed down after he started to come get me. I pulled over immediately. In fact I had started to pull over before I was even 100% positive it was me he was coming after. I suspected it was me though. lol I was very polite and did everything right. I think he calmed down and didn't want to be a dick and he never told me that he pulled me over specifically for the noise. Just told me to be more courteous. I knew what that meant. hahaha
Old 05-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #3230
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Yeah some can be idiots...more of a PIA than anything...just glad you didn't get a ticket.

I have Police stop me around the house just to look at my car.......funny thing is when they come up to the car they apologize for pulling me over and they tell me they just want to see my car and whats under the hood cause they heard it.

I always tell them the same thing.... a small block chevy...they say "Yeah Right"...LOL
Old 05-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #3231
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I only used them when sitting at red lights next to ijits in ricers revving their engines and I used them at car events.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #3232
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

They are soooooo fun........especially when taking off and the roar that comes out........especially if you tach it up a bit and tap the gas when you change gears.........people about break their necks turning to see what that was.LMAO
Old 05-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #3233
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post

not specifically on exhaust, but most states/counties/etc have noise ordinance laws
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #3234
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
noweeds sound awesome PQ

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle