Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #99
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
They rather pay that guy with a bigger name, than from the actually community. Im not hard to find. Im on and mentioned in all three major 5th gen forums.

As for the design:

-Stock bumper but with my ZR1 styled front splitter idea
-Stock side skirts, but with ZR1 styled carbon fiber piece attached
-Hood with LS9 window idea that I used
-Uses the paint scheme from the GT500KR production concept
-Used the brake idea and ZR1 wheels like I did
-Looks like a cheap black powercoated billet grille design that every Tom, Dick, and Harry that prolly will have on ebay in eight months

Sometimes I wonder if the people that make that money that I wish I chance to earn, actually think up there own stuff.

With as much as someone was to pay for this car, Henny could at least bother to change the urethane parts out for custom piece like I thought up.
I made a one-off design and THEN used ZR1 bits to finish it off. They just used ZR1 bits to make it. This actually pisses me off in my book.

Not to sound arrogant, but I really think Hennessey stole my designs from my Z28 concept that spread across the internet a few month ago. I wish I could do something about it.

My design wouldnt be hard to find even if Hennessey didnt look on the forums. The blogs and its pops up on the first page of a Google search.

Then they prolly got a photoshop artist on staff to rendering the one they have.

to Compare:

I'm with you Jinx.. It is obvious someone took your design and copied it almost 99%, including the color.. Hope you oget a job that pays you good money for doing this sort of thing.. GM should hire you in my opinion as you have quite an extensive online resume that needs no further training in graphics design...
Old 01-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #100
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
I'll play the devils advocate, surely all this bashing on Hennessey has its merits, furthermore this car is obviously not meant for the low budget. I'm actually glad that some one has balls and is willing to create such an awesome car. If only more company's would do the same. Nonetheless this new LS9 camaro is a beast so BOW DOWN DOG TO YOUR NEW KING.
Attached Images

Last edited by Caliman93230; 01-09-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Caliman93230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:38 PM   #101
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Name:  jawdrop.gif
Views: 630
Size:  3.0 KB Name:  thud.gif
Views: 622
Size:  4.6 KB

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #102
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Well said. Hmmmm...I guess I'm wondering why we didn't see similar points-of-view being expressed when about the GT500KR when in was announced for production? All I ever heard was that $80,000K was too much for any Mustang even though that car, like the Hennessey Camaro, was never intended to be priced/marketed to what some in this thread have called the "common" man.
I agree, the GT500KR would fit into roughly the same category. I've visited the Shelby factory where the KR's and SuperSnake's are built. It's impressive and an impressive car also.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:43 PM   #103
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfansince73 View Post
I agree with your point, but if the KR had more the just a measly 40hp increase, the criticisms might have been less. For all the extra cash, you don't get much back in performance.
You're missing the point. The people who bought/will buy a GT500KR are not buying it for the performance. Besides, there is quite a bit more in a GT500KR over a regular GT500 than just the 40hp bump in power. Certainly, not $38,000 worth of more to be sure but please don't perpetuate that line of thought.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #104
carfansince73

Drives: Carefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
You're missing the point. The people who bought/will buy a GT500KR are not buying it for the performance. Besides, there is quite a bit more in a GT500KR over a regular GT500 than just the 40hp bump in power. Certainly, not $38,000 worth of more to be sure but please don't perpetuate that line of thought.
You are right. It will be a collectors car for sure, which has some value. Also, I realize it has more than just a small boost in power, but you have to admit, that the power is usually the first thing people look for. With only an 8% boost, I am sure many were disappointed.

Nice looking car though.
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; MGW short shifter; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; Magnacharger TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!!

2014 CTS-V Sedan, Black/Black, Auto, Recaros, Ultra-view, Red Brembos. Stock
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #105
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Quote:
They rather pay that guy with a bigger name, than from the actually community. Im not hard to find. Im on and mentioned in all three major 5th gen forums.

As for the design:

-Stock bumper but with my ZR1 styled front splitter idea
-Stock side skirts, but with ZR1 styled carbon fiber piece attached
-Hood with LS9 window idea that I used
-Uses the paint scheme from the GT500KR production concept
-Used the brake idea and ZR1 wheels like I did
-Looks like a cheap black powercoated billet grille design that every Tom, Dick, and Harry that prolly will have on ebay in eight months

Sometimes I wonder if the people that make that money that I wish I chance to earn, actually think up there own stuff.

With as much as someone was to pay for this car, Henny could at least bother to change the urethane parts out for custom piece like I thought up.
I made a one-off design and THEN used ZR1 bits to finish it off. They just used ZR1 bits to make it. This actually pisses me off in my book.

Not to sound arrogant, but I really think Hennessey stole my designs from my Z28 concept that spread across the internet a few month ago. I wish I could do something about it.

My design wouldnt be hard to find even if Hennessey didnt look on the forums. The blogs and its pops up on the first page of a Google search.

Then they prolly got a photoshop artist on staff to rendering the one they have.

to Compare:

Please don't take offense to this, but I think almost anyone that was wanting to design a ZR1 inspired Camaro would have come up with almost the same design as you did. The LS9, hood window, splitter, side skirts, brakes, and wheels are all easy to add to the Camaro and are visually distictive to the ZR1. It's only natural to use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1stCode2nd View Post
Sounds cool and all but I'm shoping Aston Martin at that price point. Not that I'll ever be at that price point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96CAMaro View Post
I would either go for a $109K ZR1 or a $109K Porsche. Can't go wrong either way.
Most buyers of this type of niche car probably already have other high-end sports cars. I doubt many would throw all thier play money into one Camaro. But if I could only have one sports car and wanted to spend $109K, I agree that it'd go towards a ZR1.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:35 PM   #106
camarolover69

Drives: 01 Mustang GT
well its the same amount of money as a gt500kr n make about the same amount of hp? i think its worth it.
camarolover69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:46 PM   #107
camkid67

Drives: 2007 Avalanche
Rustang's need to watch out. It is about time someone put them in their place
camkid67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:17 PM   #108
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by camkid67 View Post
Rustang's need to watch out. It is about time someone put them in their place

Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:45 PM   #109
Jinx
Owner of Shunt

Drives: 2001 Mustang GT vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ#48Racing View Post
Please don't take offense to this, but I think almost anyone that was wanting to design a ZR1 inspired Camaro would have come up with almost the same design as you did. The LS9, hood window, splitter, side skirts, brakes, and wheels are all easy to add to the Camaro and are visually distictive to the ZR1. It's only natural to use them.
It was the fact that I made a design inspired from a car from a different genre like the ZR1 and did it first successfully. Almost all designs of different Camaro variants are retro-inspired. Mine melded it together and Hennessey didnt even bother even adding something different.

Before I even seen the threads on this car, people have made comment relating my design. And not only on this forum; but others. So it not just me.
Someone shouldnt look at a Hennessey and think of my work. Any whiz at Hennessey could of read the blogs on my design. Ive seen different photshops and idea, all different somehow. But this......this is a cheap copy that going to be prolly sold for 100% of the actual value in it.

I put a lot of heart into that design. As an artist, this is upsetting.

Support the "JINX CAMARO FUND" at http://www.zazzle.com/jinxdesign
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #110
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Jinx, FWIW, I prefer your design much more.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #111
Jinx
Owner of Shunt

Drives: 2001 Mustang GT vert
Well, thank you.

I wish I could be given a job to do that. I would of done it for Hennessey if he asked and paid up.

Support the "JINX CAMARO FUND" at http://www.zazzle.com/jinxdesign
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:12 PM   #112
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
Quote:
I put a lot of heart into that design. As an artist, this is upsetting.

oh jesus christ, get over yourself.

as an artist you wont be making it far if your getting upset about something like this.

got some work that is good? dont spread it around without copyrighting it in the first place, if you had... you'd own the design and people couldnt use it.

toughen up, i've been doing 3d work for almost a decade now and something you learn is that people copying or stealing your work doesn't do much for them in the long run.

if they actually copied your work based on your design, be flattered. if they didn't then you lost nothing anyway.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote