Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 02-06-2011, 12:56 AM   #15
Brakelate

Drives: '03 Mustang Cobra
Ahhh, very good! Thanks for the compliments.

I really wish I could have stayed and ridden with all the guys and mixed it up a bit more, but I had to run early.

Glad she enjoyed herself. We got to see someone run off track in front of us and get some tight running in there with the traffic to spice things up.

Happy you enjoyed yourself! I hope all the other guys had as much fun!

Just be careful, this Open Track stuff can be addicting!

The Blue Oval in me won't let me mention how you stayed out in front of that new 5.0 Stang that was trying to run you down all session. We'll just keep that between the two of us.
Brakelate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:59 AM   #16
Louiey

Drives: 2010
That's awsome you had a fun time !!!
Louiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:12 AM   #17
Brakelate

Hey Louiey, were you in the same run group as DDunrider and company?

I am not sure if we met.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #18
Mrsddunerider

Drives: 2007 LTZ Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakelate View Post
Hi Guys! I have a Dark Shadow Grey '03 Mustang Cobra "Terminator".

Yeah, Yeah, whats a Mustang guy doing in HERE?!?!

I typically do my thing Moderating over at SoCalTerminators.com and WestCoastGearHeads.com but was up Instructing today at Big Willow and had the pleasure of meeting a few of you, including DDuneRider and even took his wife out for a few laps to show her all that she couldn't see (and feel) from sitting in the grandstands filming.

Everyone was looking good, and running hard! It was my firt ride along in an new Camaro and I really enjoyed it.

DDuneRiders wife was a real trooper as well, and never squeeked once, even running deep into turn one up around 135! So she was either having a good time, or scared to death. I think it was the first choice.

I wish I could have stayed longer and done some more Instruction, rides with you guys and given some of you a ride with me (if you could stand to get in a Mustang) Hahaha.

Post up and tell us how it went! And lets see some Pics and Vids!
Thank you Jay for the ride along and yes I had a great time even in a Mustang LOL . It was great riding with you, I got a whole new perspective being on the track and I can't wait to go again. Thank you again for the ride .
Old 02-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #19
Mrsddunerider

Few Pic's from Willow Springs

Thank you Xtreme Speed Track Events (Joel) for a great day at the track. The event was well organized, and ran flawlessly. Your staff was courteous and kept everyone well informed and was alway willing to answer any questions anyone had. . Here are a few pic's, we will have more and some video as well coming soon!
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #20
Mrsddunerider

Few more Pic's

Attached Images

Old 02-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #21
Brakelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsddunerider View Post
I got a whole new perspective being on the track and I can't wait to go again.

It doesn't look that exciting watching, and the cars going by on the front straight often don't even appear to be going that fast, so most spectators sit and think "What's the big deal?" when the drivers come in all excited and tired.

You have to experience it to really get it. Glad you enjoyed the ride, and now you can share the emotion having been out there.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #22
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
Thanks Brakelate, we had a blast and cant wait to get back out there. You are right about being addicting. Looking at brake upgrades now to go along with new suspension ordered.

John
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #23
Brakelate

Glad you all had fun. Wish I could have gotten to ride with all of you (and taken a few of you out in my car as payback)!
Old 02-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #24
WestCoastGearHead

Drives: 2007 GT California Special Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsddunerider View Post
Thank you Jay for the ride along and yes I had a great time even in a Mustang LOL . It was great riding with you, I got a whole new perspective being on the track and I can't wait to go again. Thank you again for the ride .
Hi Laura! I'm Julie. I am shocked Jay didn't suggest YOU get in the car and drive on the track next time! I drove for my first time at Streets on Jan 8 and it was soooo much fun! Jay is a really good instructor and very patient lol.

WestCoastGearHead is offline   Reply With Quote