Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #43
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoItsOnlyAV6_ButItRocks View Post
I just got off the phone with Curtis at GM. She said that "...the car will not be covered under warranty because the motor has been run numerous times with inadequate oil. Unless new facts are presented in this case, the decision at GM is final..."

I attempted to explain the facts (as I have detailed above) to her and she explained that she was not a technically trained and that the decision is final. I then asked if I could have the names of the people who made this decision. I want to make sure that they have all the facts accurate. She placed me on hold for a minute and then came back to say that she could not reveal the names for privacy reasons.

I then asked for Supervisor. His name was Kevin. He also said that the decision was final and that the decision would not be changed unless new facts were brought in.

I asked for a written record of the facts. He could not provide them. I asked where he was getting the facts. He said from the service manager at the dealership. I explained that I have talked to the Service Manager many times and as he sees the facts it should be covered under warranty.

We went round and round for 15 minutes and then I explained to him that the oil has been changed every 3000 miles and I explained to him how prior to the Jiffy Lube change I measured full oil and 3 days prior to the engine dying that it was full. He repeated back what I said and I felt he was seeing why frustration was genuine and that none of this makes sense. And then he said...What I can do is mark on the case that you are dissatisfied and then close out the case. The decision at GM is final. Thank you I said sarcastically.

I was getting no where and had to hang up.

I just tried to call the service manager at the dealership and was told that he is in a closed door meeting. Figures....They are most likely trying to figure out what to do next with my 4000 lb problem on their lift.
Dang! What a CROCK!!! There have been numerous cases here on Camaro5 alone with the exact same issue and GM has covered the motors!!! It's not like GM has never heard of this issue!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #44
NoItsOnlyAV6_ButItRocks

Drives: 2010 2LT RS M6 IOM FlwMstr
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Dang! What a CROCK!!! There have been numerous cases here on Camaro5 alone with the exact same issue and GM has covered the motors!!! It's not like GM has never heard of this issue!
Yes this has been very frustrating!!!

I sent a message to Jessica (GM customer rep) requesting that the dealer's DMA (District Manager Advisor??) contact me and explain how he came to this decision. I am hopeful that he will call back and I can explain the sequence of events to him. I can only hope that perhaps he doesn't have a piece of information and that is why he decided not to cover.
NoItsOnlyAV6_ButItRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #45
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Totally bogus man....there is an issue with the LLT engine and GM knows it. I can't believe they aren't covering it, or at the very least willing to pay for a good portion of the costs. There are numerous cases of this happening on this site and pretty much every time GM has covered it, even on the modded cars.

Best of luck.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #46
NoItsOnlyAV6_ButItRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
...I can't believe they aren't covering it, or at the very least willing to pay for a good portion of the costs. There are numerous cases of this happening on this site and pretty much every time GM has covered it, even on the modded cars....
It is unbelievable for sure. That was the annoying thing during my phone call with GM. They did not even bring that up an offer to cover partial costs as an option. It was as simple as "...it will not be covered under warranty...The decision by GM is final..". Granted I understand that their job must be tough listening to people getting frustrated every day but I found the "finality" of make it very hard to hold my tongue.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #47
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Why are these engines using so much oil, and how many revisions are they on with the timing chains? I have 162,000 miles and never had the oil use that others have. With that said, I just checked the oil level and after about 1500 miles it used 3/4 of a quart of oil.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #48
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Better watch that closely. Keep us posted. Ruby has never used a drop of oil either but this stuff worries me.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #49
jkchambless
Austin LT

Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
Have you spoken with an attorney yet? Sounds like it's time.
jkchambless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #50
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
I would make copies of all the posts here that had engine failures, send 1 copy to your service rep, 1 copy to GM and another copy to an attorney even if you have not yet hired the attorney. Put all the Cc's on the letterhead so that each person knows someone else has a copy.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #51
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoItsOnlyAV6_ButItRocks View Post
It is unbelievable for sure. That was the annoying thing during my phone call with GM. They did not even bring that up an offer to cover partial costs as an option. It was as simple as "...it will not be covered under warranty...The decision by GM is final..". Granted I understand that their job must be tough listening to people getting frustrated every day but I found the "finality" of make it very hard to hold my tongue.
Contact some ofnthe people here who had theirs covered, and ask for the actual rep that assisted them. They obviously know of the issue.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #52
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
OP I hope you continue to fight this. As well as the issues with these engines are doccumented, it should be covered!
Old 10-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #53
Decepticon21

Drives: 2010 Camaro v6
This is bull spit! My care was modded and I didn't have any receipts of my oil changes etc. But My engine was warrantied.. I hope you don't back down man, Fight this and keep at them. This cant be let go. Gm Knows of the issues with the LLT motor, they cant deny it. Don't give up! Wish I could support you more.
Decepticon21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #54
NoItsOnlyAV6_ButItRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkchambless View Post
Have you spoken with an attorney yet? Sounds like it's time.
No..not yet. I will avoid that as long as the communication is still happening. However, with that said, the private message that I sent to Jessica on Friday afternoon to GM Customer Service has gone unanswered. Maybe she has today off or maybe they haven't decided what the response shall be for my request to talk with the DMA....Tomorrow I will call the service manager at the dealer and see if he has heard anything new on his end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
Contact some ofnthe people here who had theirs covered, and ask for the actual rep that assisted them. They obviously know of the issue.
Yeah I need to start accumulating links and contacts and that definitely might be a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decepticon21 View Post
This is bull spit! My care was modded and I didn't have any receipts of my oil changes etc. But My engine was warrantied.. I hope you don't back down man, Fight this and keep at them. This cant be let go. Gm Knows of the issues with the LLT motor, they cant deny it. Don't give up! Wish I could support you more.
Well that is some good news. I guess I just need to keep plugging away looking for the right person(s) at GM.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #55
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Another LLT engine blown up....

I would keep fighting this as I am sure you are. I had a 2011 RS 2LT and at 9k I had the same issue with #2 and #3 and at about 20k it was the same issue but worse. The first time they were able to replace the parts and clean it up and the second time they replaced the motor. Based on my conversation with the service manager, it was as if the engine wasn't getting oil. Lucky for me I changed my oil at the dealership as required so they had all my records. They were dumbfounded by the issues they saw especially for the second time.

There are several others with the same story so it's definitely a known issue.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #56
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Honestly this is the shit that pisses me off. Theres soo many known cases on Camaro5 alone about this issue. Pathetic
Hope you get this resolved man, if not try to contact some automotive blogs and people to bring the issue up.
Theres a reason why GM suddenly switched to the LFX
If I didnt love the camaro soo much, I wouldve sold it. Most unreliable car I have ever owned. More brittle than the 30 year old cars that drive next to it.
This will be my last GM car. I have said it time and time before, and continued to buy thinking it would be different this time, totally wrong. And the worst part is majority of the people I speak to who have owned many cars agree. You get the odd few strong GM cars, the rest have problems, and some re down right lemons.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blowup, engine, llt