Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 08-16-2014, 03:45 PM   #1639
canecorso69
run ur car not ur mouth

Drives: 2013 1LE
I'm not really sure what price ranges are. I waited till last minute this spring and paid a 100 bucks for a dive. Never again will I do that.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #1640
canecorso69
run ur car not ur mouth

The Bonita hotel is 133 bucks for a standard room. It's 2 miles from hooters. I just reserved my room at the carousel for 162 bucks a night.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:23 PM   #1641
baLListica45

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via Skype™ to baLListica45
Quote:
Originally Posted by canecorso69 View Post
The Bonita hotel is 133 bucks for a standard room. It's 2 miles from hooters. I just reserved my room at the carousel for 162 bucks a night.
wow, man i've found prices WAYYY below that....
Old 08-16-2014, 04:24 PM   #1642
canecorso69
run ur car not ur mouth

Supposedly the Bonita has rave reviews. Comes highly recommended. But yeah cheaper can be better some times.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #1643
Gimpie95

Drives: 2012 Inferno Orange SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
I know that 2 of the decals I have had for awhile are more like a pumpkin orange.......at the MOPAR show a couple months ago I place them up against an IOM there and the owner didn't like the color difference. The vinyl Travis uses now only has the color on the outer side not both so I really can't get a good check of the color without putting it on the car and peeling the tape off. Hard to explain without showing you the cut decal on the paper in person. If you want to try and get up with me, say tomorrow at some point I will be working and will bring the decals in with me. The bonus with the 2 original decals is......they are half the price of the new ones!!!!!!
I'm down to be the IOM guinea pig haha Just let me know a time and a place for tomorrow and I'll roll by
Gimpie95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:35 PM   #1644
mkhn2202

Drives: 2014 camaro 2SS RS,
Hey guys
Just wondering where do you guys usually meet?
Old 08-16-2014, 07:38 PM   #1645
baLListica45

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via Skype™ to baLListica45
We are meeting at sonic tonight at 9
Old 08-16-2014, 08:01 PM   #1646
mkhn2202

Drives: 2014 camaro 2SS RS,
It's far from where I live :(
Old 08-16-2014, 08:14 PM   #1647
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpie95 View Post
I'm down to be the IOM guinea pig haha Just let me know a time and a place for tomorrow and I'll roll by

Will send you a PM so we can try and make this happen.......
Old 08-16-2014, 08:19 PM   #1648
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by canecorso69 View Post
Are you going to OC

Sorry John, don't know how I missed this post during our little conversation......

at this point unfortunately not.......I am of course scheduled to work that weekend and I believe that's during DSU Homecoming so even if I had the weekend off I would have to work mandatory extra duty..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkhn2202 View Post
Hey guys
Just wondering where do you guys usually meet?

We normally have meetups in Dover to be central to the state ........BUT...... Hopefully soon I will be trying to schedule either a run up north and meet at Hooters on Kirkwood Hwy like we have done the past 2 years and/or a run to DE City to the crab place there.
hope you might want to make the trip up to the SJCC with us in Sept and our show is Oct 4th down here in Dover.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:21 AM   #1649
SILVERHAWK

Guess I should post this for everyone else who is not aware...........

Every Thursday evening starting around 6 to 7pm there is a gathering of car enthusiasts at the old Value City store. The gathering really doesn't have an end I guess normally it goes until after dark and people just pull out a little at a time. This originally started as an import gathering, but has now been attended by just about everything from Camaros to Mustangs etc....
Of course this coming week I am working.....no surprise....but will try to make an appearance at some point.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:47 AM   #1650
SILVERHAWK

Well, this is officially going to be the worst year for me and Camaro events.........I have been holding off on scheduling because rumor was...I was going to get promoted and subsequently transferred.....knowing that they would move me....what I was hoping for was to stay on my rotation thus not really changing my schedule. Well, it happened.....all except my promotion is not finalized just yet, but they are moving me to the opposite rotation anyway in preparation.
What this means is.....now I lose both my weekends off in Sept because now one of my weekends off is race weekend which means I will have to work mandatory overtime instead. The weekend of the SJCC show I now have off instead of taking off to go, but if it rains I will miss that show because the rain date is now on my weekend to work.
I will have to try and take time off to attend the show at Firestone because now I am scheduled to work. If by chance it rains on the 4th....I am now scheduled for a riot control class in Alabama starting the 5th which means I will miss the rain date.... and the class runs into the next weekend when I would have had off so there goes that weekend too it appears.......UGH

Okay, here's a count on decals............

Large Decals

1 White
2 RJT
5 Metallic Silver
1 Blue (bright)
3 Orange .....maybe too light for IOM
2 Metallic Charcoal Gray

Small decals

12 White
9 Metallic Silver
3 Blue...(bright)
3 Rally Yellow
3 Orange......once again probably too light for IOM 3 I will have to check color
1 Red (but this may be sold to ShiftRejected)
3 Hot Pink....(for breast cancer awareness)
3 Lime Green
2 Matte Black
2 RJT
1 Metallic Charcoal Gray
3 Glossy Midnight Blue
3 Chrome

I still have decals for 1sw6 and DKSynergy.....decals ordered for canecorso

also on order IOM, Synergy, and chameleon chrome illusion

Gimpie95 tested the orange decals I have and they were pretty close after all (at least in the lighting conditions that day) I am having Travis try and find a darker orange vinyl.

Last edited by SILVERHAWK; 08-30-2014 at 11:13 AM.
SILVERHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:56 PM   #1651
canecorso69
run ur car not ur mouth

Congrats on the promotion. Sucks about the shows but there will be more.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:41 PM   #1652
SILVERHAWK

Yeah thanks, the officer is still in appeal right now, so if the mayor shoots him down I will take over his spot as supervisor. It's going to be a little awkward working on the shift where a guy gets demoted, but life is never easy I guess. One day he's my supervisor and potentially the next day I'm his supervisor......guess we will have to wait and see. This rank is the hardest to get, so I will take it....definitely not going to turn it down.

I still really want to get make a Hooters run up north, just not sure if it will be as good a time in November? Girls may have to take pics with the cars in sweatshirts....LOL