Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #15
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Special Edition
Sorry to hear about your accident, It all looks cosmetic but who knows till they pull it apart.
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #16
BlackIce1066
Black Ice

Drives: 2SS/RS Black w/ silver ice stripes
Old 05-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #17
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
Not to be a "racisit" or anything but the guy was a fresh off the boat Asian and I don't understand how a whole population of people can be so terrible at driving.

Sorry about your accident. You weren't being "racist" what you did was Stereotype a whole ethnicity. I for one find it Insulting (I am white). My wife is of "Asian" ethnicity and had been driving for 30+ years and never been the cause of an accident.
Just because your wife hasn't been the cause of an accident doesn't mean she knows how to drive. Honestly, 99.999999999% of Asians I have come into contact with don't know how to drive. I don't understand how 99% of 1 billion all can't grasp the concept of driving but they can't and it's rather remarkable. Stereortypes are stereotypes for a reason... because they are for the most part, true...
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:16 AM   #18
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Shows the intelligence of a Ignorant stupid Ass. All I have to say. And if I get booted from here so be it.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:37 AM   #19
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
I understand you being all pissed off about you're accident, any of us would be to. But that's no reason for making those comments.
They are the nicest people.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:39 AM   #20
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
Looks like a good time for zl1 front end, vented fenders and aftermarket hood as for the "racist" comments, on the east coast no one can drive....
Old 05-05-2012, 01:40 AM   #21
Cereus

Drives: 2011 Summit White LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
Just because your wife hasn't been the cause of an accident doesn't mean she knows how to drive. Honestly, 99.999999999% of Asians I have come into contact with don't know how to drive. I don't understand how 99% of 1 billion all can't grasp the concept of driving but they can't and it's rather remarkable. Stereortypes are stereotypes for a reason... because they are for the most part, true...
Well sir, for one thing, you are most definitely a racist for stereotyping an entire race.

But that aside, by your reasoning, since you post your location as New Jersey, and 99% of NJ folks that I've met were very angry and very bad drivers, you too must be a very bad driver. Since you also seem to place quite an importance on stereotypes, and NJ drivers are stereotyped as being among the worst, it must be true. After all, as you say "Stereortypes are stereotypes for a reason... because they are for the most part, true..."

Plus, let's back this up with this small link http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...-U-S-Live-in-/
which shows that according to US News that you must indeed be among the group of worst drivers in America. Congrats.

Edit:
PS: Here's a funny comment on the US News Site. "I'm military currently stationed in the armpit of America: New Jersey. As someone who is driven in several other states and countries, let me tell you, they are absolutely the worst drivers. I was in Asia before this assignment and they're better drivers than people in New Jersey." Just found it ironic.

Disclaimer: This doesn't truly represent my views on NJ drivers. Just pointing out that the silly OP's reasoning is inherently flawed.
Cereus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:58 AM   #22
Parapdrapa

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianmotox View Post
I understand you being all pissed off about you're accident, any of us would be to. But that's no reason for making those comments.
They are the nicest people.
More stereotyping, in a more friendly manner albeit.

:-)
Parapdrapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #23
Matt8892

Drives: 2010 2ss RS. White (RIP) 2012 LS3
Somerville Circle? Ill bet it was te Somerville circle. Its like a mosh pit for cars. I avoid it as much as i can.
Matt8892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #24
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereus View Post
Well sir, for one thing, you are most definitely a racist for stereotyping an entire race.

But that aside, by your reasoning, since you post your location as New Jersey, and 99% of NJ folks that I've met were very angry and very bad drivers, you too must be a very bad driver. Since you also seem to place quite an importance on stereotypes, and NJ drivers are stereotyped as being among the worst, it must be true. After all, as you say "Stereortypes are stereotypes for a reason... because they are for the most part, true..."

Plus, let's back this up with this small link http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...-U-S-Live-in-/
which shows that according to US News that you must indeed be among the group of worst drivers in America. Congrats.

Edit:
PS: Here's a funny comment on the US News Site. "I'm military currently stationed in the armpit of America: New Jersey. As someone who is driven in several other states and countries, let me tell you, they are absolutely the worst drivers. I was in Asia before this assignment and they're better drivers than people in New Jersey." Just found it ironic.

Disclaimer: This doesn't truly represent my views on NJ drivers. Just pointing out that the silly OP's reasoning is inherently flawed.
Even though Im from NJ, I agree with you 100% that NJ has the WORST. I seriously have no idea how 50% have the right to drive to be honest. Everyone ive encountered has no idea how to stay in lanes without swerving horribly from side to side or paying attention to the cars around them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt8892 View Post
Somerville Circle? Ill bet it was te Somerville circle. Its like a mosh pit for cars. I avoid it as much as i can.
avoiding the Somerville circle at all costs is usually the best thing to do
Old 05-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #25
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Me too. I hope to use this time to get a different hood and some T2 ports but I'm not sure how the whole claim process works. I'm hoping to be able to just like pay the difference between whatever the stock hood/bumper is and what I want. Not to be a "racisit" or anything but the guy was a fresh off the boat Asian and I don't understand how a whole population of people can be soterrible at driving.
I disagree with that assumption, but I do agree that there are many careless drivers on the road.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #26
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
You guys take life too seriously. I'm not a racisit, I hate everyone. I hate PA drivers because they don't know what the left lane is, I hate Asian drivers because every single one of them I have ever encountered in my 8 years of driving have been completely awful, and I could go on. I have not driven in that many states but how NJ got the designation of being the worst I don't understand but perhaps it has to do with all of the idiot PA drivers coming into the state. And it wasn't the Somerville Circle, I very rarely go through that horrendus circle. It was the Flemington Circle where 202/31/12 all meet. The guy was coming from I assume 31 around to get onto 202N and he has a yeild but decided he didn't want to wait the .3 seconds it would have taken for me to pass him and instead pulled out right in front of me.
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #27
mexiken

Drives: Sofia: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS LS3
8 years of driving, woah, easy there turbo, you've got WAAAAAYYYYY too much more experience behind the wheel than the rest of us.... /sarcasm

This has to be a joke. Damn 25 year olds these days....they're ALL arrogant and rude, damn know-it-alls....

See what i did there????
Engine/Performance: Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Rx Catch Can painted IBM, (to come: JacFab CAI, muffler delete/Flowmasters)

mexiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #28
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
You guys take life too seriously. I'm not a racisit, I hate everyone. I hate PA drivers because they don't know what the left lane is, I hate Asian drivers because every single one of them I have ever encountered in my 8 years of driving have been completely awful, and I could go on. I have not driven in that many states but how NJ got the designation of being the worst I don't understand but perhaps it has to do with all of the idiot PA drivers coming into the state. And it wasn't the Somerville Circle, I very rarely go through that horrendus circle. It was the Flemington Circle where 202/31/12 all meet. The guy was coming from I assume 31 around to get onto 202N and he has a yeild but decided he didn't want to wait the .3 seconds it would have taken for me to pass him and instead pulled out right in front of me.
Try driving through Bangkok some day.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote