Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #15
LilMissAllie

Drives: 2LT/RS
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sywqsomlkp...805_085045.mp4

hope the vid works!

It's around 0:20-0:22, only happens for a second.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #16
Seventh Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS
Does your car happen to be a 2010? If so, please do a search on the forum for
TSB# 09-01-37-01B. I had my car to the dealer several times. They had seats out, console out, guys riding in the backseat, trunk, etc. Finally I found this TSB on this forum, and sure enough, this was my fix. Not sure if this impacted later year cars or not. I would have never guessed this to be my fix, sound was very deceiving.

Worth a shot. Good luck
Seventh Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #17
Seventh Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS
TSB# 09-01-37-01B. I had my car to the dealer several times. They had seats out, console out, guys riding in the backseat, trunk, etc. Finally I found this TSB on this forum, and sure enough, this was my fix. Not sure if this impacted later year cars or not. I would have never guessed this to be my fix, sound was very deceiving.

Worth a shot. Good luck
Seventh Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #18
ExCrystal

Drives: 2017 2SS NGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfichter View Post
I know this has been posted before but that thread didn't seem to go anywhere. I would like to know what you guys think might be causing a scrapping noise in the front of my 2012 2lt. The car makes the noise every time i first start the car for about three seconds. My car also does this when gently accelerating to about 20 mph sometimes not all of the time. It does it probably 7 out of ten times when i gently accelerate. If I floor the car I just get regular engine noise not any scrapping.

Just want to know what you guys think about this before i take a trip to the dealer.

I had a similar problem whenever I accelerated for a short time, but minus the while in idle sound. I heard a similar noise while gently accelerating around 39 MPH and then around 53 MPH - it went away after I got my wheels aligned, though. I know it can be frustrating, but good luck!
ExCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #19
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hello jasonfichter!

I am sorry to hear about this experience you are having with your vehicle! Since I am not a certified technician, I am unable to diagnose what the problem could be. Our service advisers at the dealership will be able to assist you further. If you would like me to arrange an appointment for you at your dealership, I would be happy to do so! You may send a private message with your full contact information, VIN, vehicle mileage, and name of involved dealership. I hope we are able to resolve this issue quickly for you. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfichter View Post
I know this has been posted before but that thread didn't seem to go anywhere. I would like to know what you guys think might be causing a scrapping noise in the front of my 2012 2lt. The car makes the noise every time i first start the car for about three seconds. My car also does this when gently accelerating to about 20 mph sometimes not all of the time. It does it probably 7 out of ten times when i gently accelerate. If I floor the car I just get regular engine noise not any scrapping.

Just want to know what you guys think about this before i take a trip to the dealer.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #20
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hello Dexter9522,

Please keep us posted on your dealership visit. If you need further assistance, we are here to help! You may send us a private message at any time with further information. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter9522 View Post
I am taking mine to the dealer this week as I am having a similar issue. Mine sounds like the brakes rubbing just slightly at some point and I seem to get it at very light load or at 2500 rpms I hear it as well. I think I have narrowed it down to the exhaust rattling somewhere but at first I swore it was from the drivers side wheel area. Mine sounds like a quicks scrape / rattle
Old 08-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #21
jasonfichter

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlem View Post
Jason,
It's not scraping; not really. Your own description rules that out. If you take it to the dealer, leave all this BS out of your description to him. Otherwise he'll just drive it around the block and give it back to you with "Could not duplicate" on the paperwork. Tell him how it sounds to you. Do not try to describe WHAT THAT SOUND MIGHT BE! That's his job! Don't do it for him. Make him come back and tell you what HE thinks he discovered. Do you know what I mean? If you tell him it "sounds" like a wheel bearing, then all he will do is listen for a wheel bearing and nothing else. You'll get the car back saying wheel bearings are normal and could not duplicate customer's complaint. Just say there's a bad sounding noise and let them figure out what's causing it. Good Luck.

This advice is based on past experience; don't make my mistakes too!!!
ok thanks for the advice ill do what you say and if they can't find anything then ill make some suggestions.
jasonfichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #22
jasonfichter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissAllie View Post
i dont describe it as scraping on my 2012 2lt, sounds more like 2 metals grinding. god when i take it to the dealers, it never makes the sound and they tell me everythings fine, and when I get back home it does it -_-...its so annoying... ill try one more time when i go to the dealers... and ill let u know, but if u find out what it is let me know pls. no one had an answer to my thread like this.
mine sounds like metal grinding also but it only happens when I'm driving not when its just sitting. I've had people tell me it sound like I'm dragging something but i had it on the lift and everything is in place
Old 08-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #23
jasonfichter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCrystal View Post
I had a similar problem whenever I accelerated for a short time, but minus the while in idle sound. I heard a similar noise while gently accelerating around 39 MPH and then around 53 MPH - it went away after I got my wheels aligned, though. I know it can be frustrating, but good luck!
thats kind of where mine does it also. i just had my alignment done and its fine so i guess thats not it
Old 08-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #24
jasonfichter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth Camaro View Post

Worth a shot. Good luck
ill take a look at it thanks
Old 08-07-2013, 12:03 AM   #25
Dexter9522

Drives: SS
Any luck? Just heard back from the dealer today and said my rattling is normal! I was even able to replicate it numerous times with the technician and he agreed there is definitely a rattle. Fast forward 5 hours later they talked to gm techs and they believe the rattle to be fine. It's funny how it was never an issue and it all of a sudden pops and and is noticeably loud and annoying yet normal. So much for that guess I'm going to have to do the work myself to fix my common rattle at 3000 miles. Hopefully you have better luck getting your issue fixed than I did.
Dexter9522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:27 AM   #26
SabotAndHeat

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I get a scraping sound when I back out of my driveway first thing in the morning. Although mine sounds distinctly like fender well plastic rubbing on a tire. But, nothing is loose, there is no visible wear anywhere on the fender wells insides and it only does it first thing in the morn.
SabotAndHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #27
Revster

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I have a similar sound, always first trip of the day
Revster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #28
jasonfichter

Just dropped it off and I couldnt replicate it so they said they probably cant do anything for me because they dont know the problem but they will take a peak anyway.