Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-09-2013, 01:10 AM   #99
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Good to know, I have a manual as well.

Sorry for all the questions, I did some research but didn't find anything much.

So this keeps your clutch working longer?
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #100
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobulls View Post
Good to know, I have a manual as well.

Sorry for all the questions, I did some research but didn't find anything much.

So this keeps your clutch working longer?
No worries!...and I said that wrong In the post above my fault. I believe this is like a catch can for your brake booster because when I was tuggin on my separate clutch reservoir I noticed dust/dirt going into there instead of the brake booster.

Best thing to do for your clutch is to change it out with some synchromesh fluid I believe it's called....a member named Sycraft did this and he liked it

Anyways here's a great link to look over.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297794
Old 06-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #101
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Dude the rideskinz bumper would look SICK on your car...no joke...but that's a little too much prep and I don't trust them with my money honestly so I would just suggest the zl1 bumper lol
I know! The one thing I really have about it is that it is pretty expensive and it is not even painted! Even though the aggressor 2 is suppose to be a better fitment I don't trust it after all the issues the aggressor 1 had (honestly who makes a product where the buyer has to mod it to make it fit properly?) I thought about the ZL1 bumper cause I love it but I also though about getting as SS bumper adding a lower and upper grill and a splitter or just staying with the v6 bumper and getting the GM GFX splitter since it is the only one that looks good in my opinion along with a lower and upper grill. (Sorry )

Btw the seperate clutch thingy and brake thingy look good haha. Did you change your brake fluid? If so how did you might do it to mine.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #102
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
I know! The one thing I really have about it is that it is pretty expensive and it is not even painted! Even though the aggressor 2 is suppose to be a better fitment I don't trust it after all the issues the aggressor 1 had (honestly who makes a product where the buyer has to mod it to make it fit properly?) I thought about the ZL1 bumper cause I love it but I also though about getting as SS bumper adding a lower and upper grill and a splitter or just staying with the v6 bumper and getting the GM GFX splitter since it is the only one that looks good in my opinion along with a lower and upper grill. (Sorry )

Btw the seperate clutch thingy and brake thingy look good haha. Did you change your brake fluid? If so how did you might do it to mine.

To be honest bud by the time you buy the SS bumper painted 700+$ plus the shipping and GFX splitter you could probably get the Zl1 bumper thats what pushed me to getting the Zl1 bc the SS bumper isnt worth that much money IMO

But thanks Bro! it definitely feels like it stops a little bit better...and yes i did. It was disgusting. i'll post up a pic of it in a second.

Honesty since you're an automatic which means you have the white factory mold cap as to where i had the rubber hose where all the clutch dust went in my brake booster you techinically dont need this mod.

However you can turkey baster/syringe the brake fluid and refill it with Motul fluid and you should be good to go
Old 06-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #103
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Brake fluid shouldn't look as bad as this lolName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370808938.630064.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  141.4 KB
Old 06-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #104
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
To be honest bud by the time you buy the SS bumper painted 700+$ plus the shipping and GFX splitter you could probably get the Zl1 bumper thats what pushed me to getting the Zl1 bc the SS bumper isnt worth that much money IMO

But thanks Bro! it definitely feels like it stops a little bit better...and yes i did. It was disgusting. i'll post up a pic of it in a second.

Honesty since you're an automatic which means you have the white factory mold cap as to where i had the rubber hose where all the clutch dust went in my brake booster you techinically dont need this mod.

However you can turkey baster/syringe the brake fluid and refill it with Motul fluid and you should be good to go

True about the bumper. And that brake fluid is nasty. Idk what color it is suppose to look like but mine looks like a nasty yellow/green-ish color. I should prob change it?
Old 06-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #105
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
I bought my ss bumper mint for 300 bucks in rally yellow.

just have to look around.
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #106
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
True about the bumper. And that brake fluid is nasty. Idk what color it is suppose to look like but mine looks like a nasty yellow/green-ish color. I should prob change it?
i would if the color includes green haha My fresh fluid i guess you would call it amber? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobulls View Post
I bought my ss bumper mint for 300 bucks in rally yellow.

just have to look around.
yeah, used you can find them for a good price. Thats just what i was quoted from Maureen at rodgers Chevy. I never see one in the local Marketplace and i dont trust anybody not in driving distance with something like that.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #107
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Thursday before last i traveled down to orlando to meet 01pewterz28 (Sean) to pick up my GFX, they were in awesome shape and i cant wait to get them painted and installed
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #108
Black Knight

Kool build
Old 08-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #109
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
Kool build
Thanks bud! Should be adding more soon
Old 08-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #110
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Little update, took my splash guards off and installed my GFX rockers. I'm almost shocked to admit how much i like them as they are in argent grey. Plan to get them painted black along with the rear GFX piece soon.
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2013, 12:35 AM   #111
FNG
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: Rally Yellow 2012 ZL1
Lookin' good. Love that rear diffuser with the square exhaust ports.... I would have gone that route if I hadn't found someone with totaled ZL1 with a perfect rear bumper to salvage. (Just have to get it repainted Rally Yellow)

(subscribed)
Old 08-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #112
rgrmoreira13

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Awesome thread so far. I love what you have done with the car and as well that most of it (if not all ) it was DIY. That car is definetely a neck breaker. I got a long way to go before I can make my car look like that.

TSP Stage 2 Boosted Cam 227/235 at 114 LSA
Fore Innovation Triple pump staged (Walbro 342 primary and 2x Walbro 450 secondaries)
Procharger D1x with a 3.85 pulley
ID1050x Injectors
Flex Fuel Sensor
Monster LT1 Twin Disk Clutch
Holley Sniper Efi Intake Manifold
NW 103mm Boosted TB
747rwhp at 12psi on E85
rgrmoreira13 is offline   Reply With Quote