Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 05:07 PM   #29
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutCreations View Post
Tough crowd...Huh Gary? I'll draw their fire as usual and you take cover...

Well with over 500 items sent out to C5 customers there will be a few errors or mistakes i'm sure. and took care of any and all that have come up without any issues at all.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:14 PM   #30
orange10s.c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykb47l View Post
Exactly my point. If he was upfront about this I would of gone with a different order.

GARY KNOWS THAT THE SPLITTER IS NOT AVAILABLE.

Yet he charges you for it and tells you to wait. He advertises this as a complete set. Even after I have been very polite and patient I can not wait any longer. And to top it off I told him I wanted to return the bumper for a refund two weeks ago but would wait a little while longer.

I am NOT blaming Gary for the splitter not being available. I am blaming him for selling me something that's not available and not being upfront.

Unacceptable!

AGAIN i was never told of a deff. date that the splitter would of been ready. It's not that it is NOT AVAILABLE they are making changes to it and are waaaaaaaay behind on getting it finished. It WILL be made but i cannot help that is taking this long.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:37 PM   #31
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange10s.c. View Post
AGAIN i was never told of a deff. date that the splitter would of been ready. It's not that it is NOT AVAILABLE they are making changes to it and are waaaaaaaay behind on getting it finished. It WILL be made but i cannot help that is taking this long.
Gary,

Why not tell me that they are running way behind on making the splitter when I asked how long this would take? I asked you this before placing the order.

Did you ever tell me that the splitter was not available and that it could take this long to receive? No

Did you tell me I would receive my order in a week to week and a half? Yes

Did you ever mention that the splitter would arrive separately before I asked? No

Did you charge me for part of an assembly that you personally knew was not available? Yes

How am I being unreasonable? I told you two weeks ago that I would be asking for a refund and to have this bumper picked up.

You simply are being dishonest at this point.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:44 PM   #32
orange10s.c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykb47l View Post
Gary,

Why not tell me that they are running way behind on making the splitter when I asked how long this would take? I asked you this before placing the order.

Did you ever tell me that the splitter was not available and that it could take this long to receive? No

Did you tell me I would receive my order in a week to week and a half? Yes

Did you ever mention that the splitter would arrive separately before I asked? No

Did you charge me for part of an assembly that you personally knew was not available? Yes

How am I being unreasonable? I told you two weeks ago that I would be asking for a refund and to have this bumper picked up.

You simply are being dishonest at this point.

I DID NOT KNOW AT THE TIME OF YOU PLACING THE ORDER THAT IT WOULD BE THIS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG FOR THEM TO GET IT DONE.

they were supposed to be shipped out at the same time as the the bumpers were available. They had to go back and change the way they mounted and redo the moulds to re make. this happened between the time you placed the order and the bumper came in and was painted and shipped to you. I was told at that time that it might be 2 weeks for them to be ready. In return that's what i relayed to you. If you want the money back for the spitter i need your paypal info so i can send that money back to you.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:56 PM   #33
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
Quote:
I DID NOT KNOW AT THE TIME OF YOU PLACING THE ORDER THAT IT WOULD BE THIS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG FOR THEM TO GET IT DONE.

they were supposed to be shipped out at the same time as the the bumpers were available. They had to go back and change the way they mounted and redo the moulds to re make. this happened between the time you placed the order and the bumper came in and was painted and shipped to you. I was told at that time that it might be 2 weeks for them to be ready. In return that's what i relayed to you. If you want the money back for the spitter i need your paypal info so i can send that money back to you.

Again. I do not want this bumper without being complete. You can send me a full refund and sale the bumper to someone that likes it without the splitter. It is wrapped up and ready to go. It has not been installed and is in the same condition that I received it. You can also exchange it for the T3 bumper WITH splitter unpainted and as long as its instock and complete....the choice is yours. Keeping this bumper does not work for me. Sorry but that i will not accept.

It doesnt look the same.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:06 PM   #34
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Gary, I am chiming in as a customer service professional here...
Customer ordered from you for a project he needs both pieces to finish. You have been unable to satisfy him by providing both pieces and an unreasonable amount of time has gone by.
You should have UPS pick it up and refund his money, or supply him with the part that should have been delivered in a timely manner.
IF you have problems with YOUR supplier, you should NOT hold your patient and frustrated customer up any longer. He should not be in this position, and you, as a merchant wishing to come across as professional, should offer to take the product back. I already would not order from you because you come across in an inflammatory manner and your customer is being quite reasonable in his request.
You also state that for the past year you have been offering another upset customer the option to return a product and yet you are digging your heels in on the OP. Where's the line? You return for one but not another? Consistency would be appropriate.
I recently was held up for over 3 months on an order for a pair of working boots for my husband. I will never EVER buy from Chippewa boots again and I suggest y'all follow suit because they come across like a bunch of entitled ingrates. I requested my money back and got it but not without a fight. Instead I am spending $375. more and having custom boots made for him. Someone who is giving me GOOD customer service is getting my business now.
Any road, were this case on my desk I would be refunding the customers money and apologizing for the entire situation profusely. You will make more money in the long run by coming across as a hero instead of a zero. One dissatisfied customer can draw a LOT of attention, as you are finding out here. Just give the poor guy his money back and let him get on with his project.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:58 PM   #35
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
Customer ordered from you for a project he needs both pieces to finish. You have been unable to satisfy him by providing both pieces and an unreasonable amount of time has gone by.
You should have UPS pick it up and refund his money, or supply him with the part that should have been delivered in a timely manner.
IF you have problems with YOUR supplier, you should NOT hold your patient and frustrated customer up any longer. He should not be in this position, and you, as a merchant wishing to come across as professional, should offer to take the product back. I already would not order from you because you come across in an inflammatory manner and your customer is being quite reasonable in his request.
You also state that for the past year you have been offering another upset customer the option to return a product and yet you are digging your heels in on the OP. Where's the line? You return for one but not another? Consistency would be appropriate.
I recently was held up for over 3 months on an order for a pair of working boots for my husband. I will never EVER buy from Chippewa boots again and I suggest y'all follow suit because they come across like a bunch of entitled ingrates. I requested my money back and got it but not without a fight. Instead I am spending $375. more and having custom boots made for him. Someone who is giving me GOOD customer service is getting my business now.
Any road, were this case on my desk I would be refunding the customers money and apologizing for the entire situation profusely. You will make more money in the long run by coming across as a hero instead of a zero. One dissatisfied customer can draw a LOT of attention, as you are finding out here. Just give the poor guy his money back and let him get on with his project.
Agreed the OP is just looking for a refund on a item that he has purchased from you. If YOUR supplier is in the wrong, it is not his problem to make it right. When a customer is in a time restraint he should not be pushed to wait for an item that has no estimated arrival. He can do with his car what he wants to. You are putting this customer through a lot of stress. Just take care of him. He is even still looking to do business with you, which I think is very fair of him.

ARH 1 7/8 headers, ARH 3" XPIPE, MBRP 3" Catback
Old 11-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #36
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
well said.....

Gary....in the intrest of full disclosure i bought from you and my parts came in OK....but i was uneasey with your lack of Customer service....i don't like spending 500.00 + and having to ask for confirmation, delivery times etc.....

with that said....thank me later for scanning the T3 instructions and emailing them while sending the templates via USPS to one of your customers who's Ports showed up less those critical items......he came on the boards asking for help after he could not get them from his "vendor"....

Last edited by GJG; 11-30-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:15 PM   #37
R.I.P. HEMI

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Quote:
Come on man i never gave you an attitude about the grille you said didnt match. I have painted over 100 of them and NEVER had a prob with ANY not matching. You sent pics. of it installed and it looked perfect. and you said well you cant tell in the pics. I told you to send it back if you were still not happy and you said ok. Well a week or 2 weeks go by then you called again and said there are blemishes in the grille itself from the factory. I again said send it back and i will refund your money and you again said ok i will send it back. This was about a YEAR ago and now for some reason after never hearing from you again it's now an issue. Some people i tell ya !!!
First of all gary i dont know how you have painted over a 100 of these and never had a problemm when you dont even get the paint code off the car.Im not a painter by trade but everytime i get something painted they get the paint code because every orange camaro isnt the same .If im wrong about this will someone tell me.Second of all you cant tell in the pics like i told you, and if you would of read the post i didnt have the time to deal with this crap.It seems like you have time to take peoples money but no time to make sure things are correct before you send them out ,dont worry your not the only one doing this.Man up and make it right.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:31 PM   #38
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
What a screwed up situation...

I agree that the OP should not have to deal with this the way he is, he has been very patient and reasonable

Gary I understand its not your fault but it is definitely not your customers fault that YOUR supplier is dropping the ball, you should probably take care of this guy cuz as of now you've lost 1 more customer.....

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Old 11-30-2010, 08:39 PM   #39
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
lol
Old 11-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #40
wrbear
Banned

Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
I came across this post yesterday and read the OP's view and the vendors reply's today. In the end this will not bod well for the vendor. I for one am not to pleased with the defensive "it's their fault" position the vendor has taken. The replies are not good business practices in any books. I am not sure what the return freight costs would be but I believe the cost to the business(s) (both of them) will be much greater if this continues. There have been many times I have ordered items and had to cancel them 30 or more days later when they were suppose to be "in stock". I was able to get my money back because I payed with a credit card. I see this individual did not...."Lesson Learned". my2.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #41
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P. HEMI View Post
First of all gary i dont know how you have painted over a 100 of these and never had a problem when you dont even get the paint code off the car.
even if you were to get the OE paint codes, humidity can make the colors vary... i chuckle when i hear anyone selling any prepainted "to match" parts...
Old 11-30-2010, 11:14 PM   #42
SFCamaroSS
Proud To Serve

Drives: 2011 CGM/SILVER 2SS W/RS Package
Wow this is crazy. I was considering buying some items from Gary but after reading this post I will look for them someplace else. Here is definitely one more customer you have lost because your customer service needs a relook. Making this right would have definitely been the way to go.

Closed Thread