Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 08-10-2010, 11:13 PM   #1
l008com

Drives: 2013 1LT Crystal Red/Beige Manual
Good Service Near Boston

My first oil change is coming up, plus my USB port is kind of broken, so I likely need a new radio. I'm looking for a good place to service my car. I live in Stoneham, about 7 miles north O'Boston. I've heard bad things about Lannan in Woburn. I'll NEVER go to Liberty in Wakefield after they tried to steal my $2000 when I was trying to buy a car. Those are the two closest chevy dealers. Can I go to any GM dealer to get this stuff done? There's a Cadillac place in Woburn thats conveniently located. Will they send me away with my Chevy? Anyplace else I'm forgetting that is great for service, and nearby?
Old 08-11-2010, 01:21 AM   #2
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Any CHEVY dealer will help you. Some might not prefer to help someone that didn't buy from them, but hey will usually take care of you.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:36 AM   #3
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by l008com View Post
My first oil change is coming up, plus my USB port is kind of broken, so I likely need a new radio. I'm looking for a good place to service my car. I live in Stoneham, about 7 miles north O'Boston. I've heard bad things about Lannan in Woburn. I'll NEVER go to Liberty in Wakefield after they tried to steal my $2000 when I was trying to buy a car. Those are the two closest chevy dealers. Can I go to any GM dealer to get this stuff done? There's a Cadillac place in Woburn thats conveniently located. Will they send me away with my Chevy? Anyplace else I'm forgetting that is great for service, and nearby?
had my oil done at lannan in woburn...17.95 complete..did a good job!..don't know anything else about 'em!....can tell you though,they didn't seem to care about the fact i wanted to get my maintenance book stamped,but i kinda made 'em do it!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:47 AM   #4
l008com

I've heard bad things about lannan. They have a bad reputation around. Not as bad as 128 but not great. Also no chevy dealer would ever give you crap because you didn't buy the car there. That makes no sense, service departments are totally separate from sales. Their profits are separate and they need to make money. The question is, will another brand of GM give me crap, and will they take longer to get the parts my car needs?
Old 08-11-2010, 06:00 AM   #5
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Drives: Black 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
I've been to Lannan for many different service issues for several different cars. They do a pretty decent job there. I've never been in the back with the tech while he was working on a car, but the folks up front are very nice.

As for going to the Caddy place...I honestly can't answer that one, but I hope someone else can. They would probably treat you like gold at a place like that.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:27 AM   #6
sailfan26
Camaro driver since 1975

Drives: 97 RS, 98 SS and 2010 LT/RS
I'd give Lannan a second look. I can't speak highly enough about them. Ask for Ed Shine. He'll take good care of you. He's the Camaro Guru there.

As far as Liberty. I had the same Buying experience with them too but Liberty's Service Department is Top Notch, Excellent, A#1. They've been taking car of my cars for years. They get it right the first time everytime. The Service Dept and Sales Dept are 2 different groups. Ask for Ritchie
sailfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:38 AM   #7
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
I go to NH for stuff...
Old 08-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #8
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I go to the driveway.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:35 AM   #9
Silver1lt
Chevy Tech

Drives: 2012 Equinox 2LT
Send a message via AIM to Silver1lt
Lannan hands down especially after what they had to put up with with me as a customer lol...car is there now getting the everything done under warranty hah
Old 08-11-2010, 11:47 AM   #10
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Quirk is in Braintree. I don't deal with them, but I bought my car from them and they treated me alright. I go to my local Chevy dealer (Simon Chevy) where my dad's cousins husband is like the manager of their parts and service dept. Gives us good deals, and have had nothing but quality work from them.

Edit: Simon is in RI though.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #11
l008com

Braintree is way too far. I don't care how great liberty's service is, i'm not going back there ever, for any reason, except maybe to show the sales manager my camaro i bought somewhere else, prick. Note: always put deposits on a credit card! Anyway I guess I'll have to check out Lannan.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:37 AM   #12
Silver1lt
Chevy Tech

Drives: 2012 Equinox 2LT
Send a message via AIM to Silver1lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by l008com View Post
Anyway I guess I'll have to check out Lannan.
Bob Fahey is a great guy there most people don't deal directly with him like I am because he is the service manager but he runs a tight ship there.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:35 AM   #13
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Drives: Black 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver1lt View Post
Bob Fahey is a great guy there most people don't deal directly with him like I am because he is the service manager but he runs a tight ship there.
I wish I had the name of the fellow I dealt with directly there last week. He was a nice guy, he listened to everything, explained things, and when I asked him to be sure to show me what the find, he did. I checked my invoice, and his name isn't on it. Either way, they do a pretty good job there, as many of us have said.