Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 04-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
Regio_42
Ready...Set...Gone.....

Drives: 10' Camaro SS/RS "Stacy"
Is it possible to fix

So i had some trouble a couple of months ago with trying to install a diablosport tune to my car but would not take it. Talked to diablosport and 3 different dealers to see if i could flash the pcm because its locked by something or someone in which tuner cant get stock tune off the car to install a new one.

I had a couple of people say that the car could be married to a tuner or that theres a bad file in my pcm from gm, but all these are guess. I was told the only way to install a tune was to replace the pcm by gm and that would cost $500 and lose warranty.

At this point with some of the things i have installed i might not have a warranty so my question for you guys is. If i take my car to ARD here in Houston do you think they can install a tune or should i go to another dealer and see if he can flash it?
Old 04-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
BNRacing

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2019 Camaro 2.0
Did you buy the car used? HPTuners can tuner-lock the ecm so no one else can read what's on it, but I don't know if that prevents anything writing to it. Not sure if anything else out there has that capability. I would think diablosport or hptuners could do a write entire with a stock cal and it would be fine.... For sure GM should be able to rewrite the stock tune back to it
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
Regio_42
Ready...Set...Gone.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
Did you buy the car used? HPTuners can tuner-lock the ecm so no one else can read what's on it, but I don't know if that prevents anything writing to it. Not sure if anything else out there has that capability. I would think diablosport or hptuners could do a write entire with a stock cal and it would be fine.... For sure GM should be able to rewrite the stock tune back to it
Yea, car was from a buddy of mine who had pre ordered his a few months before i took it from him, due to payments, but he said he never did anything to the car but add the window tint and gas.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
Regio_42
Ready...Set...Gone.....

bump!
Old 04-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
Regio_42
Ready...Set...Gone.....

Guys i just got back from ARD (Advanced Racing Dynamics in Houston,TX) and Owen is the man. I cant stop smiling of how fast my car feels. If you need a Tune these guys should be your first choice forget about do it yourself tuners.

Thanks ARD you guys are the best!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #6
Regio_42
Ready...Set...Gone.....

Old 04-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
yes indeed

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday