Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-25-2010, 09:40 PM   #43
zirotti

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Good thing for us is that Chevy dealers are a dime a dozen. Should be another one relatively close to you.
zirotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:53 PM   #44
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by esperman View Post
I'm not sure I agree. I do think dealers represent the automaker. Thats why you'll never see a GM / Ford dual new dealer.
Then youve never been to more than one dealer. In my town we have a chevy/gmc lot, dodge/scion/toyota, chrysler/tiberon, pontiac/honda, and a ford dealership. i have no idea what its all split up so much but it is
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:56 PM   #45
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
A Little different perspective here. I have not been back to my dealership for service, so cannot speak to that issue. However, I will comment on differing expectations of Camaro/corvette owners. Having previously owned, Chevys, Dodges, & Datson (Now Nisson) I can say there is a qualatative difference when you own a Camaro. I never so closely inspected the paint of any of my previously owned vehicles as I have that of my Camaro. The paint of my Camaro had been swirled upon delivery. Not sure which dealership did it, don't really care. Could not tell you if the paint of any of my previously owned vehicles was swirled upon delivery or not. Was not noticing. I thought I loved those cars...NOT. I love may Camaro!!! Now it matters. I learned. No dealer would ever wash my Camaro again if i had a choice. There is a difference in expectations. It has nothing to do with snobery, it has to do with what you are observing & care about in your car.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:58 PM   #46
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
Dealers are the face of GM aside of their products. So yes, dealers and how they treat customers should and do matter. Going back to the original post, I am manic about all my vehicles and expect nothing but tender love and care for both of my rides. If you want specialized treatment, you can find that somewhere else, but I would guess that car is going to cost a lot more than a Camaro or Corvette. IMO, many people don't really like the " I am entitled" attitude...maybe I am wrong. I hope you find what you are looking for.
20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:10 PM   #47
Hotrod6464

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Believe it or not my service department takes very good care of me. I am very meticulous and they know it. The sales team was great but when I took delivery my engine was not wiped down and was dusty I was not happy about that.
Hotrod6464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:30 PM   #48
KARR48

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Imperial Blue
Service writers don't care what you drive, be it a Corvette/Camaro or an Aveo. It's just another car, the thing people have to remember, is why are you going to the service department, your car is broke, so your already pissed for starters that your brand new car is broke. Let's remember the person your talking to at the dealership did not design it, build it or cause it to break. The writer has to wear several different hat's. The only thing you care about is your car, well guess what, the other how ever many people that have there cars in there only care about there car too. So the writer has to juggle between all them and make each one feel warm and fuzy. Tach on having to deal with tech can add for extra stress, especially if the tech can't duplicate your problem. Your in the car all the time the tech has it for 15-20 minutes and if it's an intermitten concern (rattle, pop, squeak...)it can be challenging to duplicate it. Dealership staff are no different, there HUMAN, just like YOU! So if they say they can't duplicate the problem ask to ride with the tech and show them your concern as opposed to bashing them. Let's also remember there is no magic "machine". Well can't you just put it on the machine, sorry not that simple, the machine a.k.a. Tech 2 or MDI/GDS is a starting point. Now if you do need some personal one on one time, just remember there are also other people waiting to see the writer, don't keep them longer than you need them. What if the shoe is on the other foot and your the one waiting, how's that gonna make you feel? As far as the survey goes, a lot of dealerships and writers profit from the survey's so if you "bash" a dealer you essentialy just cost them money. How much would you want to help somebody if that person just cost you 50, 100, 500, 1000 dollars. If your not happy with the service you got, I understand your pissed about it, call your writer or the service manager and talk to them, just be honest about what your not happy about and most will do whatever they can to correct it. Once you send in the bad survey, the dealer see's it and you really go to the bottom of the list. Like I said earlier, would you like to help somebody that just cost you money? Impacting how you take care of your family. So recapping all owner's are picky about there car's, not just us Camaro owner's. Just because you pay more or less doesn't change how much a car means to the owner. Your writer is there to help you, just be reasonable with them and take into account what all they have to do in a day. Now I'm not saying all are perfect, there are some bad apples out there in service dept's (I've meet them too), but most should want to help you otherwise they need a new profession. Remember to use a mirror approach, talk and act to them as you want them to talk to you. They did not design it, build it or cause it to break, no need to be nasty to them from the start. IMO, from the other side of the desk.
KARR48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:26 AM   #49
jty03

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Your right, that is snobby. What makes you think just because you own a camaro or a corvette that you deserve any better service than someone that owns a cobalt. Not everyone can afford cars like this ,but owning a Cobalt doesn't always mean they somehow don't care about it. My buddies boy has an SS Cobalt ,and he has a lot of passion for it. He takes as good of care of it, if not better care, then anybody I know with very expensive cars.
I can tell you, I'm sure when he gets it service he wants it treated with respect and done well just as much as anybody with a more expensive car.

My traverse cost $8,000 more than my camaro did. So does that mean that I should get better service when I take it to the dealer as opposed to when I take the camaro in? No it doesn't.

To me a good service dept it one that respects everyone's vehicles the same and gives the same level of service no matter what type of car it is.
There's a difference between "equality" and "fairness". I don't think it's reasonable to expect a service department to treat a camaro or a corvette "equal" to a cobalt or a cavalier. They don't take premium fuel or 8 quarts of oil, for instance. Replacement tires aren't a couple hundred dollars, and to service most components on the camaro requires more resources than that of a cobalt or something. Obviously you can't stick the same 87 octane fuel or the same amount of oil in a camaro; it wouldn't run. That is "equality", which is wrong.

However dealers should afford "fair" levels of service to all car owners. Camaro owners aren't more important than everyone else, but their vehicles do demand more resources at times. That is "fairness", which is reasonable. Should the service department vacuum the carpets of a camaro more than everyone else? No. But he better not put the cheap stuff in the tank!
Old 09-26-2010, 11:35 AM   #50
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
The ONLY GM dealership that has ever treated me like ther best customer was the Saturn dealer. All dealerships Should be and could be run like they did. RIP Saturn, I miss you...
Old 09-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #51
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Challenger/Mustang/Corvette/Camaro snobbery pisses me off so bad!

You deserve no better treatment than someone who pulls in with a dirty Aveo. Not one single bit better. Nor do I over someone with a 99 Neon.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:20 PM   #52
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Guess I'm lucky that the service writer I got for my last oil change here drove a Camaro as well

We spent most of the wait talking about our cars, and what we'd done (or planned to) do to them.

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:56 PM   #53
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
I agree with this..
Old 09-26-2010, 03:13 PM   #54
VictoryMuscleCars

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS RS Convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Your right, that is snobby. What makes you think just because you own a camaro or a corvette that you deserve any better service than someone that owns a cobalt. Not everyone can afford cars like this ,but owning a Cobalt doesn't always mean they somehow don't care about it. My buddies boy has an SS Cobalt ,and he has a lot of passion for it. He takes as good of care of it, if not better care, then anybody I know with very expensive cars.
I can tell you, I'm sure when he gets it service he wants it treated with respect and done well just as much as anybody with a more expensive car.

My traverse cost $8,000 more than my camaro did. So does that mean that I should get better service when I take it to the dealer as opposed to when I take the camaro in? No it doesn't.

To me a good service dept it one that respects everyone's vehicles the same and gives the same level of service no matter what type of car it is.
200% agree with you and well stated!!
Old 09-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #55
Sc0rPs

Drives: 2010 2LT / RS - 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Challenger/Mustang/Corvette/Camaro snobbery pisses me off so bad!

You deserve no better treatment than someone who pulls in with a dirty Aveo. Not one single bit better. Nor do I over someone with a 99 Neon.
I don't think anyone thinks they deserve VIP treatment, okay some do but those are few and don't think there's no Challenger drivers like that.

I just want good service & competent staff.
Sc0rPs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:31 PM   #56
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0rPs View Post
I don't think anyone thinks they deserve VIP treatment, okay some do but those are few and don't think there's no Challenger drivers like that.

I just want good service & competent staff.
I know there are Challenger drivers like that..thats why I included the Challenger in the snobbery list.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote