Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-11-2010, 02:02 AM   #1
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
Exclamation Video clip: After 30 days picked up car now weird noise.

My car finally made it back to me after 27 days of shop time but I wasnt able to pick it up because I was out of the country. The clutch is great now (friction point is a lot higher now ) but anyways when driving home I noticed this squeaking that seems to be coming from the front right tire. Im so jet lagged I recorded this just now at 230 am so the video is dark but sound is very noticeable.

Clip was recorded at 5-10 mph. The noise speeds up as I go faster and then slows down as I slow down. Now its not in the video but I did a slow acceleration to 45 mph and the thing is just squeaking away then there is eventually too much road noise to hear it. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
Also no brakes were being applied and car can be in gear or in neutral to replicate sound.
And the extra noise at the end is from turning into gravel driveway.

Be sure to turn your speakers up

CamaroC-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:10 AM   #2
76z28

Drives: 1976 camaro
sounds to me like squeekey suspension
76z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:15 AM   #3
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76z28 View Post
sounds to me like squeekey suspension
But wouldn't suspension be brought on by bumps? This is brought on by speed. I could be wrong. If it doesn't have wings then I'm out of my element.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:05 AM   #4
Kycamaross
RED JEWEL inthe BLUEGRASS

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 01 S-10 Xtreme
What about Belts? What was it in the shop for? Don't know, it almost sounds kind of rythmatic. Like belts maybe. Start it up lift the hood and see if you can hear it while at idle. Maybe have someone rev it just a little. Just a possiblity!!! Hope you figure it out
Old 08-11-2010, 03:17 AM   #5
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kycamaross View Post
What about Belts? What was it in the shop for? Don't know, it almost sounds kind of rythmatic. Like belts maybe. Start it up lift the hood and see if you can hear it while at idle. Maybe have someone rev it just a little. Just a possiblity!!! Hope you figure it out
That is what I thought too! But after recording the clip I revved the engine and there was nothing. It noticeably comes from right front. I have an apt. friday for it to be looked at. I would just hate after being away from it for 30 days to have to take it right back to the shop
Old 08-11-2010, 03:19 AM   #6
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Also the car was in the shop for a new shift actuator, leaking slave cylinder and pressure plate. My buddy said check to make sure the that wheel is tightened all the way. I dont think they would have removed the wheels to do the work though
Old 08-11-2010, 03:25 AM   #7
Kycamaross

Well maybe not the wheel exactly, but he has a point. The various bolts they have to remove to do the work you mentioned, might be suspect. I feel for you. I would not want to take it back. But, have them check every bolt they removed for tightness. I realize I am stabbing in the dark here. I guess you probably don't know if it did this before it went in? Stupid question it seems, I know!
Old 08-11-2010, 03:33 AM   #8
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

No it didn't make any noises like this.It almost sounds like a contact chirp. Because it chirps as it speeds up like chirp.............chirp................chirp...... ...chirp.....chirp....chirp...chirp..chirp.chirp.c hirp.chirp.chirp
But who knows. I was just hoping it was just a temporary thing like maybe from sitting so long at the dealer. I hope that it is safe to drive at least until Friday.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:45 AM   #9
Kycamaross

Your probably OK till Friday. Oh, well make sure you let the shop hear that clip. I can hear the Chirping your talking about. Hopefully they will have a little more insight than us. Good luck!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:24 AM   #10
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Thanks! Oh I jacked the car up and turned the wheel. There wasnt the chirp but I can hear some kind of friction noise. Took it out driving again and its a lot worse so I am waiting for the dealer to open to take it straight there :(
Old 08-11-2010, 05:52 AM   #11
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Hmmmmmmmmm.........Sticking brake caliper/pad sliders pins? The pads aren't releasing entirely........maybe. Should be an easy fix.........with removal, cleaning and the proper lubricant applied at dealer. Updates as you can please...........
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:13 AM   #12
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
Hmmmmmmmmm.........Sticking brake caliper/pad sliders pins? The pads aren't releasing entirely........maybe. Should be an easy fix.........with removal, cleaning and the proper lubricant applied at dealer. Updates as you can please...........
I just hope its not the wheel bearing...That can be bad to drive on. Just weird it happens right after it sat at the dealer for 30 days. I was planning on going to day but I am too tired. Been up for going on 48 hours now. 18 of which I was flying from Korea. I think Ill sleep the day off and just not drive it and wait to my apt on Friday.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:25 AM   #13
BlackIce1066
Black Ice

Drives: 2SS/RS Black w/ silver ice stripes
No it is definatly something rotational. If it was wheel bearing, you can lift the car from the lower control arm and put a hand at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock position and pull back and forth. If there is any excessive play, it would be a loose wheel bearing.

It almost sounds like a drive shaft scraping against a dust sheild. I would gamble on that. Good luck.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:27 AM   #14
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Though hopefully the dealer will get to the bottom of the problem quickly on Friday...........I would only ponder a guess, that if it occurred after sitting idled........That in all likelyhood.......... its nothing serious and something, as I've mentioned that will take a simple bit of preventive maintenance/ cleaning to resolve. Good Luck and do let us know what the dealer determines exactly.......... Casper
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote