Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-01-2014, 10:49 PM   #43
TOYMARO

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Ouch. Broke a Zenmuse on my Phantom 2 yesterday in this crash. I had switched it over to a Naza mode, so I could start using Course Lock and Home Lock. Was working great, when all of a sudden it started going in a totally unexpected direction. I centered the sticks, and it changed direction even more, quickly dropped the throttle so it would decend and not fly away over a road. Crashed it in the trees.

Hopefully can get a the Zenmuse replaced before I leave for C5Fest.

This sucks. Have you had other trouble with naza mode on the phantoms? I still have to switch, for same reason of IOC, but have been hesitant. Seems thats where the fly aways occur.

let me know what ya think there. TIA

Quote:
From the meet & greet today at C5Fest

Nice. To far away for me to go. Thanks for this video to see something from there. I love aerial footy.

My car is at dealer getting trans rebuilt, seeing all the cars got my heart goes a bit ......cars almost done. Monday the latest
TOYMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:54 PM   #44
TOYMARO

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS 2SS
Quote:
Sorry I didn't see this earlier...been doing a lot of travelling recently.

Took me a while to find this video again, but I found it...one of the better ones explaining filming with the GoPro. Great info. Check out some of his other videos as well, on other Multicopter things.

Very nice. I follow his youtube channel. Good stuff.
TOYMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:32 AM   #45
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
OK...this video pisses me off. It's guys like this that will ruin the hobby for the rest of us that try to fly within the rules.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the...irst-time-ever

Old 05-03-2014, 08:46 AM   #46
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYMARO View Post
This sucks. Have you had other trouble with naza mode on the phantoms? I still have to switch, for same reason of IOC, but have been hesitant. Seems thats where the fly aways occur.

let me know what ya think there. TIA
No, I haven't had problems with IOC before, both with my Flame Wheel and my Phantom 2 Vision. The video above the cars at the meet & greet was with NAZA mode on, and I was using CL.

In all 3 cases that my Phantom 2 with the Zenmuse/GoPro has crashed...I'm pretty certain it was because the FPV transmitter has broken loose because of the double sided tape detaching during flight.

I know this happened the first time, because I was testing it in a cul-de-sac at low altitude, and 2 minutes in, it detached and I was close enough to see it dangling.

I bought the Phantom2 from Atlanta Hobby online Ready-to-Fly, and went to the shop to discuss it...and they said that they were using different tape now because apparently this was happening a lot. So...I tried the new "better" tape, and the other video above showed the results.

I got everything working the night before, and this time was using the better tape, but I also set up a velcro "strap" thinking that this secondary method of attaching that transmitter would prevent the transmitter from breaking loose.

Unfortunately, it happened again yesterday at the track. You can view all the videos from the track on my channel, however the end of this video shows the crash at the track yesterday. I'm really unhappy with how it's attached and breaking loose, so I am looking to find a more permanent way of mounting it. It's either that, or get rid of the FPV entirely...

Crash is towards the end of the video...