Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-10-2009, 05:52 PM   #15
Zax

Drives: Rally Yellow 2010 2SS/RS
I wish this was before I picked up my car...

The dealer ripped the front passenger stripe about 1" and fingernail gouged the front driver side stripe. They're going to replace them, but they still haven't gotten them in yet and I've had the car for over a month.
Zax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:54 PM   #16
2L8IWON

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS SIM
They keep throwing in wrench's! Arrgh! Now I need to contact Eric with Classic Chevrolet again. I've ordered a dove tail and was going to have that area done custom to make sure the stripe reached the top of the dove tail. No sense in the factory striping the stock spoiler if I'm going to turn around and take it off and sell it on eBay. I was planning on having my dove tail installed before the striping at the dealership!!! Again, no point in re-doing at the dealership what the factory just did. I only have a few days before GM is supposed to accept my order so I better get this straightened out and get the stripes removed from my order and have them ordered at the dealership instead. I imagine others are in the same boat as me here.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:24 PM   #17
TitanTerry

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2LT, RS, ABM
I hope this applies to my silver rally stripes, factory installed is prefered over dealer for sure. TPW was 8/24/09, got my VIN# 8/31/09

~ It's not a car...
~ IT'S A CAMARO!
~

Ordered: 07/02/09
HOME - 9/25/09
TitanTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:26 PM   #18
jayson71

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro
Still stickers. BLECH
jayson71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:33 AM   #19
Sharpe

Drives: White/White '99 Z28 M6 Y3F
This is why we didn't get stripes over the mail slot, I'll bet. Can you imagine dealers being able to apply a multi-piece design?! You seen some of the hockey stripes?
Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:19 AM   #20
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Keep in mind, doing them at the factory adds a little more time...

From the "mainpage" ;

Until now, rally stripes had been installed at the dealership, but, perhaps due to poor or inconsistent installation by dealers, the stripes will now be factory installed.

This is incorrect. If you remember WAY BACK to one of my IDL threads...January - March, it was mentioned THEN, that because of added capacity at the plant, the plant staff wanted to do all the stripes at the factory.

The only thing I hope for is that the cars get a much faster turnaround for the factory stripes. I personally would rather get the car to the dealership after it's built, and have them put on in my schedule. JMO.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:58 AM   #21
JohnnyCamaro

Drives: 98 Camaro
Grille and Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Robinson View Post
Scotty; Unrelated question. Is there any reason the Heritage grill ( or the dovetail spoiler) is taking so long to become available? Is it a supplier problem or are they saving it for a future model upgrade? I'm waiting for both with baited breath.
This is JohnnyCamaro AKA John Cox from Chevy Accessories. I wanted to tell you a little about the grille and spoiler. The grille is expected to be ready for sale in the early 4th quarter. As for the dovetail spoiler, we showed it as a concept extremely early at SEMA to gauge interest. Current timing of this product is mid next year.
JohnnyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:40 AM   #22
Robersabel

Drives: 2LT
I ordered the complete white stripes package. Car arrived without. I cancelled the order, but dealer refused to lower the price. Then deducted a portion. I was about to walk out stating I was going to contact GM. The sales manager conceded, and dropped the charge.

Anyone describe the stripes? Are they painted or glued on?

Another surprise...It cost me $2495 to extend the warranty to reverse the following paragraph:

2010 Chevrolet Limited Warranty And Owner Assistance Information

Page 5.

Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are sensors, wiring, connectors, engine radiator, cooling hoses, cooling and heater core. Coverage on the engine cooling system begins in the inlet of the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose. Also excluded is the entire pressurized fuel system (in-tank fuel pump, pressure lines, fuel rail(s), regulator, injectors and return line) as well as the Engine/Powertrain Control Module and/or module programming.

Robert
Robersabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:08 AM   #23
Ringo
Politically incorrect

Drives: 2SS/RS
I heard that the SS's are selling too well, and it's screwing up the cafe regs. Need to sell more V6's to balance things out.

Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:32 AM   #24
2L8IWON

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCamaro View Post
This is JohnnyCamaro AKA John Cox from Chevy Accessories. I wanted to tell you a little about the grille and spoiler. The grille is expected to be ready for sale in the early 4th quarter. As for the dovetail spoiler, we showed it as a concept extremely early at SEMA to gauge interest. Current timing of this product is mid next year.
I opted for a more subtle dove tail from Next Level Performance. Painted to match for under $500.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40025

Looks like I'll be having the dealership do my stripes!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #25
PB Foot 1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS- IBM/Wht
Factory Rally Stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro's from Dave View Post
As reported on homepage.

Had not seen this posted anywhere yet but sorry in advance if it is. Our trainer came buy today to let us know that if you order rally stripes now through the end of the year the will now be applied at the factory instead of the dealership. I would assume it is the same for the hood and hockey stripe but she did not say. Also she told us that SS models will be on a 40%-60% constraint through the rest of the year. So it would seem that patience would be the order of the day for those of you still..... waiting
Our IBM 2SS Camaro, built back in July, and delivered mid-August, had factory installed rally stripes. when we ordered it, in early June, you could opt for either way- factory or dealer installed. the factory option had them trucked to a location in nearby Whitby, ON, and then sent back to Oshawa the next day, to await rail transport to the dealer. While tracking the car, it threw me off to see it leave Oshawa by truck, after being posted with status 42, only to see it back to 4B awaiting rail shipment the next day, which is how I then looked up to find the above info.
PB Foot 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:54 PM   #26
Robersabel

Drives: 2LT
>Our IBM 2SS Camaro, built back in July, and delivered mid-August, had factory installed rally stripes.

Do you happen to know how the stripes were installed? Were they painted on?

Robert
Robersabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:01 PM   #27
PB Foot 1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS- IBM/Wht
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robersabel View Post
>Our IBM 2SS Camaro, built back in July, and delivered mid-August, had factory installed rally stripes.

Do you happen to know how the stripes were installed? Were they painted on?

Robert
No, unfortunately, factory installed (dealer installed too, for that matter) stripes are vinyl adhesive. If you want painted, you will have to either have the dealership contract for the work (or do in their own bodyshop, if they have one). Your options then are to either match the style and size of the factory stripes, or customize them, as I have seen several people do (as extreme as extending them fully down the front, over the roof, and fully down the back- ala Mustang and Viper racing stripes, or as subtlely different as just bringing them to the front of the nose and just over the back of the rear spoiler). I have also seen nice things done with an alternate, contrasting pinstripe color around the main rally stripe. Painting gives you a lot more options, and gives a nicer looking finish.
PB Foot 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:56 PM   #28
T's_1st_Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro; 2005 Avalanche
I saw about 15 of the cars being driven back from the striping place to the plant (I live in Whitby) and they looked amazing driving en mass like that. I must say, I watched every single one go by (had to, they were in my way) and the striping looked amazing. Not sure who they're using in Whitby, there a couple of really good places I know of, bu they look like they're doing an amazing job with them.

2LT IMB with black interior & Polished rims
Order#NKNV5Z 06/15/09
2000 - 07/23/09
2051 - 07/25/09
3000 - 08/18/09 TPW 9/14
3300 - 08/24/09
3400 - 09/10/09
3800 - 09/14/09 VIN 2G1FC1EV9A9146201
T's_1st_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote