Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-10-2009, 12:16 AM   #15
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Yes, we ordered the spare at the same time we originally ordered the car...it was put in the car at the factory when the car was built.....I have the 2LT/RS...the spare tire and wheel cost $150...
Old 09-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #16
jbreed

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS Cyber Gray
GM seems sold on the idea that making the spare tire an option on the Camaro in favor of inflator kits is the way to go. Pirelli differs in that opinion. Before you drive off the lot in that sweet new ride - consider asking for a spare. Maybe here is an opinion they will value:

Do You Care About Your Spare?

“...Flat tires are so rare I'd rather not compromise the performance of any car I own just to avoid carrying a spare. But I don't ever want to be stranded, either, so for now, the space-saver spares strikes me as the best solution. But if you think otherwise, don't wait until a bitterly cold night to learn what's in your car's spare-tire well.”

Csaba Csere
Former Editor and Columnist
The Steering Wheel Column
Car and Driver
jbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:53 AM   #17
Robersabel

Drives: 2LT
I ordered, and received a spare tire also. The wheel is black. (Polished aluminum wheels on the ground). I went through a dry run yesterday. Removed the spare tire, and tools. But when I attempted to remove the jack...surprise! I do not know the secret. I was not going to force it.

Anyone have the combination? The sales lady does not know. In fact she asked for me to share the procedure when I learn it.

Robert
Robersabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:46 PM   #18
jbreed

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS Cyber Gray
Sealants, Tires and Such - This is your guy

RE: Flat tires, spares and other tire issues on the new Camaro: I suggest anyone who has issues with the speed rated tires or the $80 sealant send an email to:

richard.j.gratz@GM.com
Richard J. Gratz,
Manager of Quality and
Field Performance for GM Ti...re-Wheel Systems

and copy: candie_fonseca@gmexpert.com
jbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:10 PM   #19
Robersabel

Drives: 2LT
I was briefed how. If anyone has a problem with removing the jack, contact me.

Robert
Robersabel@aol.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robersabel View Post
I ordered, and received a spare tire also. The wheel is black. (Polished aluminum wheels on the ground). I went through a dry run yesterday. Removed the spare tire, and tools. But when I attempted to remove the jack...surprise! I do not know the secret. I was not going to force it.

Anyone have the combination? The sales lady does not know. In fact she asked for me to share the procedure when I learn it.

Robert
Robersabel is offline   Reply With Quote