Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-28-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
SuperTrooper

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Camaro
Vendor for powder coated calipers?

I am looking to buy a set of powder coated calipers and I have only found one vendor that wants $499.95 for an exchange for the SS calipers plus the core charge to make sure I return the set that I have on my car. I was wondering if anyone knows or another vendor that might be a little cheaper on the price??

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
55Designs

Drives: 2010
not at this time ADM does a great job but I dont like the fact their logos are decals and are not protected or painted on in the finish. They will eventually show wear and come off over time I would suspect. I had mine cusotm painted with the brembo painted on and it cost me around the same price as the powdercoated ones.
55Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:18 PM   #3
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Designs View Post
not at this time ADM does a great job but I dont like the fact their logos are decals and are not protected or painted on in the finish. They will eventually show wear and come off over time I would suspect. I had mine cusotm painted with the brembo painted on and it cost me around the same price as the powdercoated ones.
could I see a pic of your painted calipers?
the rich dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:44 PM   #4
55Designs

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rich dude View Post
could I see a pic of your painted calipers?
I will this week post a pick I really want to have my Stillen Rotors on before I take pics. I did them in Black Silver Brembo Logo painted on and clearcoated and buffed they look really nice. glad i didnt go red.
55Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:47 PM   #5
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
Powder coating is great but on brake parts you have to completely disassemble all the little parts out before coating and cooking. Someone with a little knowledge could take these calipers apart fairly easily just not me. I agree $499 to rich for me. Market will get better once the new camaro tax fades away.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #6
camaroincarolina

Drives: 1SS Aqua Blue Metallic
I've been looking for the same thing.....Did you ever find any?
camaroincarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:13 PM   #7
SSCamaroKid

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black On Black
a good quality local body shop/paint shop should be able to do it for you
SSCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #8
showstopper

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
We have done them before. You don't need to powder coat them. There are paint products these days that hold up to the heat very well.
showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:05 PM   #9
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Like this: http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/acces...tail.jsp?ID=41

Mine came out like this: (sorry, no closeup shots yet) Looks red, but it's actually orange.
Name:  NewWheelsRotors.jpg
Views: 3429
Size:  46.5 KB

I have Brembo high temp stick-on letters (black) on each caliper that I bought off of E-Bay. Then I sprayed clearcoat over the top of them...
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:15 PM   #10
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Yo MichaelJs, did you remove the calipers from the car to paint them or disconnected anything or you left them on and just carefully mask things off then painted?
Your car is looking nice!
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:12 PM   #11
Snake Slayer

Drives: Awaiting 2014 C7
Check out http://www.thepowdercoater.com/

Mike does awesome work and is vendor on corvetteforum.com
Snake Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:15 AM   #12
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
Yo MichaelJs, did you remove the calipers from the car to paint them or disconnected anything or you left them on and just carefully mask things off then painted?
Your car is looking nice!
Thanks, nothing removed to paint as you use a brush. I did mask off areas anyway though, but it's brushed on so no need to do too much masking. I did 3 coats...there's plenty in that little can and other than the brush getting sticky quickly, it was easy.
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:56 AM   #13
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Designs View Post
Our logo's are silkscreen,not sticker
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote