Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 09-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
NickZ28

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Convert
Recall Frustration

So, I called a week and a half in advance to have the recall addressed for the convertible top. Get to the dealership promptly at 8:00am, check in, hand over my keys. 15 minutes later, my car is being pulled out of the service bay. I ask if it is all done...wow that was fast. The mechanic tells me he had to order parts for the recall...I said what? I made this appointment last week, specifically for this purpose and the service manager tells me he will get the parts ordered. "Must of used them on some other car" he tells me. Have to go back next Saturday. GRRRRRR.
NickZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Jacked up!!! I always ask them if all parts are in stock before I hand them the keys. They look at me like I'm stupid, then go and find out that one part hasn't arrived yet...

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
Sipher

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro LLT/RS 45th Edt
Man the convertible guys are going through hell! Hope things get figured out
Sipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
cactuseater

Drives: .
This is typical. I'll bet that they gave you the utmost attention when you were purchasing the vehicle with a known design flaw. Same sh*t I am going through, good luck man.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #5
Ricky
Ricky

Drives: 2SS/RS conv Victory Red/Black Top
Hey folks I have been playing hell trying to get a pic as my sinature. Are there any tips or tricks that you used to get yours up. Thanks Ricky
Old 09-02-2012, 12:27 AM   #6
Fnfalguy
Supreme Advisor

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
I waited more than 2 months for a new roof and my car has set many times as the dealership waiting on new parts.
Fnfalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #7
NickZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuseater View Post
This is typical. I'll bet that they gave you the utmost attention when you were purchasing the vehicle with a known design flaw. Same sh*t I am going through, good luck man.
Oh, they sure did! When you're ready to hand over 45K for a car, they treat you like a king.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #8
rangomr

Drives: Oracle Camaro has all the bells &
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickZ28 View Post
So, I called a week and a half in advance to have the recall addressed for the convertible top. Get to the dealership promptly at 8:00am, check in, hand over my keys. 15 minutes later, my car is being pulled out of the service bay. I ask if it is all done...wow that was fast. The mechanic tells me he had to order parts for the recall...I said what? I made this appointment last week, specifically for this purpose and the service manager tells me he will get the parts ordered. "Must of used them on some other car" he tells me. Have to go back next Saturday. GRRRRRR.
I also have a 45th Anniversary Convertible built 2-14-12, What is this recall you are talking about? I've heard nothing and really have not had a problem with my car so far?? Michael in Virginia
rangomr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:02 AM   #9
cactuseater

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangomr View Post

I also have a 45th Anniversary Convertible built 2-14-12, What is this recall you are talking about? I've heard nothing and really have not had a problem with my car so far?? Michael in Virginia
May not apply to your car, it's a combination of TSB's - not a recall. Run your VIN through Chevy Customer Service to see if your convertible has the design flaw. If so, they will use some special "tape" to "fix" the design defect, and also modify some brackets instead of replacing the defective mechanism as a whole. In most cases as seen elsewhere on this forum, and on my vehicle, it is a failure. My best advice is right now, if your top is looking good and performing correctly without the beginning of a hole on either side just above the center of your passenger and driver side door windows leave it alone. Monitor it carefully and note any changes, and if you see the defect show it's ugly head contact your dealer and start the process to have them make it right.

There are other TSB's on the convertible related to the top as well, such as the water management system. Again, run your VIN and get the results. When did you buy the car, other than the build date? Hopefully you may be one of the lucky one's and are not experiencing what this design defect is doing to these beautiful cars.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:04 AM   #10
cactuseater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
Hey folks I have been playing hell trying to get a pic as my sinature. Are there any tips or tricks that you used to get yours up. Thanks Ricky
Ricky -- did you get it to work?
Old 09-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickZ28 View Post
We certainly apologize for the inconveniences you may be experiencing. If you could please send us your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership, we will be glad to set up a case with GM customer service for you.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 09-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #12
cactuseater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
We certainly apologize for the inconveniences you may be experiencing. If you could please send us your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership, we will be glad to set up a case with GM customer service for you.

Brandon
Hey Brandon, sorry to say but, I've been through that for many months now and from experience (100+ days out of service and going on convertible top replacement #4) it's been of NO USE.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #13
NickZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post

Brandon
This is such a "canned" response from this guy. I can't tell you how many times I have seen the same reply concerning different issues. What a joke.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #14
rangomr

Drives: Oracle Camaro has all the bells &
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuseater View Post
May not apply to your car, it's a combination of TSB's - not a recall. Run your VIN through Chevy Customer Service to see if your convertible has the design flaw. If so, they will use some special "tape" to "fix" the design defect, and also modify some brackets instead of replacing the defective mechanism as a whole. In most cases as seen elsewhere on this forum, and on my vehicle, it is a failure. My best advice is right now, if your top is looking good and performing correctly without the beginning of a hole on either side just above the center of your passenger and driver side door windows leave it alone. Monitor it carefully and note any changes, and if you see the defect show it's ugly head contact your dealer and start the process to have them make it right.

There are other TSB's on the convertible related to the top as well, such as the water management system. Again, run your VIN and get the results. When did you buy the car, other than the build date? Hopefully you may be one of the lucky one's and are not experiencing what this design defect is doing to these beautiful cars.

Thank you for the information. My car built 2/14/12 and I bought it 4/11/12. I've taken it through a car wash once, and have been in a few hugh down-pours this summer and no leaks from any. But will keep a eye on my top since I've experienced a few very small ( v's ) Guess that's the best way to tell since I don't have the equipment to post pictures YET. Michael in Virginia
rangomr is offline   Reply With Quote