Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-17-2009, 11:32 AM   #225
RS-SS2

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 09 mini, 01 3500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City View Post
I am going to do some more experimenting this afternoon and/or tomorrow. Remember the car behaves differently than an old muscle car with all the computer controls. Traction control, stabilitrack, keep slippage under control. When it is spinning the tires, it will just run through the spin as speed is increasing. With the computer on, in a smooth but fast (pedal movement) acceleration, the car picks up speed like a bike. Although it never runs out of pull. Don't know if you guys ever spent much time around the Windy City or it's burbs, but there are few areas where one can accelerate much without extreme hazard.
It's been raining off and on all morning here. Hopefully the weather will clear up.
Windy, I know you said you still have wheel hop with the BMR trailing arms but did it improve any from the stock arms?
Old 10-17-2009, 11:36 AM   #226
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-SS2 View Post
Windy, I know you said you still have wheel hop with the BMR trailing arms but did it improve any from the stock arms?
I've only driven with the HP upgrade and the BMR trailing arms. The stock ones were on when the motor was stock.
I believe they were worth doing as the cost was so low and Lingy put them on for nothing as the rear end was on the floor getting the new gear.
The truth will be told with the drag radials. I'm gunna have a slow motion camera when we get it to the track.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:53 AM   #227
RS-SS2

Quote:
I've only driven with the HP upgrade and the BMR trailing arms. The stock ones were on when the motor was stock.
I believe they were worth doing as the cost was so low and Lingy put them on for nothing as the rear end was on the floor getting the new gear.
The truth will be told with the drag radials. I'm gunna have a slow motion camera when we get it to the track.
I had them put on as well being that the cost was so low figured it definitely wouldn't hurt. I'm looking forward to your results it should give all of us a good idea if more suspension work is needed.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #228
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
I am thinking the pedders bushings will take out a lot of that play in the rear end. Nothing like a tight rear end to fix wheel hop and make my heart race.
No seriously, that give in the bushings will act like a basketball and make for a rough launch. At least that is the excuse I am using for the upgrade.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:29 PM   #229
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
I am doing a lot of research right now on suspensions and chassis. It started out as informing myself on the truth behind aftermarket suspension companies claims but is blossoming into a major education.
I have bought books and have several friends here for resources. Several engineers and 2 different guys that have been building cars for years.
I have an engineering backround and I am pretty good with mechanics/physics.
A lot of the claims I have seen lately, I believe, are unsubstantiated and strictly market driven.
Many people, on this forum and else where, seem to make purchases because they are blindly steered into them.
The suspension thing is a good example.
Soooooooo, as i figure stuff out I will post for those who care to read!
Old 10-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #230
mws444

Quote:
I am doing a lot of research right now on suspensions and chassis. It started out as informing myself on the truth behind aftermarket suspension companies claims but is blossoming into a major education.
I have bought books and have several friends here for resources. Several engineers and 2 different guys that have been building cars for years.
A lot of the claims I have seen lately, I believe, are unsubstantiated and strictly market driven.
Many people, on this forum and else where, seem to make purchases because they are blindly steered into them.
Look forward to it. I will be the first to say I know very little about suspension. Seems to me the trick is to stop the dribble effect and get the tires to spin without the hop to maximize traction. Your research will be looked forward to.
Hey 570 you having wheel hop problems with the pedders?
May not need all of it but it is a place to start.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #231
RS-SS2

Quote:
Windy, I know when you do research you go all out and dig deep so I look forward to hearing all that is found out.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:59 PM   #232
mws444

Quote:
Windy, I know when you do research you go all out and dig deep so I look forward to hearing all that is found out.
I know the Pedders increases the handeling abilities, but at my age I worry about the ride quality, hence the adjustable coilovers.
I have no doubt proffesor Windy will whip the wheel hop issue, I think I will wait for his solution. Although the automatic will be much easier to tame than the manual. I doubt we can eliminate it completely in a manual my goal is just to manage it.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #233
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

Quote:
Very cool.
We appreciate it Windy City!
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 04:24 PM   #234
RS-SS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
I know the Pedders increases the handeling abilities, but at my age I worry about the ride quality, hence the adjustable coilovers.
I have no doubt proffesor Windy will whip the wheel hop issue, I think I will wait for his solution. Although the automatic will be much easier to tame than the manual. I doubt we can eliminate it completely in a manual my goal is just to manage it.
mws we are about the same age and fall into the lower echelon of the middle age bracket. We have at least another 50yrs to go, we can handle a few bumps in the road LOL
Old 10-17-2009, 05:38 PM   #235
mws444

Quote:
mws we are about the same age and fall into the lower echelon of the middle age bracket. We have at least another 50yrs to go, we can handle a few bumps in the road LOL
I guess I have worn a little worse than most. I have had rhuematoid arthritis for about 10 years. I will say however Orencia is a wonder drug, I am in complete remission. Even at 2k a month (preexisting condition on my ins.) it is worth it. Now I only have some really worn joints, but I think I will be able to start working out again soon. Right now about all they let me do is walk and bike ride
Should be in top shape for GA throwdown.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #236
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
3rd post Fest thread..check it out
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:13 PM   #237
mws444

That list is growing Junkie!!!
I will be there if the work thing dosent get in the way.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:22 PM   #238
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
That list is growing Junkie!!!
I will be there if the work thing dosent get in the way.
I hope you can make it
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote