Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 03-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #15
GreenWithEnvy

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro
Send a message via AIM to GreenWithEnvy Send a message via Yahoo to GreenWithEnvy Send a message via Skype™ to GreenWithEnvy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I think you mean at the crank....This is a direct quote from the page.....
"So we took the 3.6DI V6 making 304BHP and pushed the horsepower levels up a few notches (approx. 435BHP)."

Reading that I am pretty damn sure they mean at the crank, no way a base CTS 3.6 is putting 304 at the wheels.

Still this is an immense upgrade in HP.
Someone can call and verify..... I have called a few times.... both times I got different quotes on the price and I was told it made 435hp to the wheels.... seems like it depends on who you talk to when you call.
GreenWithEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:58 AM   #16
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWithEnvy View Post
Someone can call and verify..... I have called a few times.... both times I got different quotes on the price and I was told it made 435hp to the wheels.... seems like it depends on who you talk to when you call.
I don't think we need to verify, the phone rep probably doesn't even know what whp means, really doesn't need to he/she is doing sales.

But we know at the crank the 3.6 puts 312 down stock. Now when I had my stock dyno done, I was at 246 whp on a nice day with no humidity.

Also generally there is no way a 3.6L v6 can produces 300+ WHP while naturally aspirated.

Also Brake HP (BHP) is also a term to describe HP at the crank. After reading that quote, it was one of the reasons I came to the conclusion that the website is not talkin about WHP and the phone rep is not full knowledgeable, which can happen most times.

Or whoever wrote that site up is a complete turd and screwed up the information LOL

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:13 AM   #17
Blade

Ok........just called and talked to their expert. And I told him what we were discussing and he realized why it was confusing for some people. They do mean 435 WHP but that's not the whole story.

I asked him info on doing the kit w/o changing the internals and he explained that we could run 3 to 4 lbs of boost with no problem, gaining about 40 BHP and 30 WHP. Which is probably not worth $5700 if Vince is able to tune.

Now to get some real fun out of the kit, he recommended preping the internals to handle 6-7 lbs of boost, which would in turn give us 435 WHP. Now that would be fun But doing that prep would be $2500 on top of the cost of the kit and labor to install.

Good info from those guys and seems like a very cool group of people working there, they just need to straighten out their webmaster

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Mercury Sable
Old 03-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #18
Amenti

Drives: 2017 1SS Convertible
That sounds like good info right there. As far as "prepping the internals," did the representative you spoke to elaborate on exactly what would be done for that $2500 price tag?

From what we've heard in the FI forums here, it sounds like the V6 drivetrain can handle the stress of about 400 RWHP; but, it would definitely be fun to push that a little farther.

Appearance Mods: RiderGraphix LS7 Front Fascia Blackout Vinyl, Gill Insert Vinyl, Rear Deck Lid Vinyl (Gloss Black), Gary's Customs Painted Bowties

Coming Soon: BMR Trailing Arms
Amenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:06 PM   #19
GreenWithEnvy

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro
Send a message via AIM to GreenWithEnvy Send a message via Yahoo to GreenWithEnvy Send a message via Skype™ to GreenWithEnvy
Yea I didn't know anyone even made beefed up internals for our engine... Also our engine being able to only handle 2-3lbs of boost stock just doesn't sound right.
GreenWithEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:02 PM   #20
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Yeah, I think I'd of had to question him futher. Sure seemed like running 4 to 5 lbs of boost is no problem for the turbos...and now with turbos guys are going for 7 or so. Might be too early to tell the longevity of these engines on 7+ lbs of boost, but it sure seems like 5 should be easy given the engine does have some forged parts already. Hrmmmmm....wish these guys would try another setup with Vince's tuning and keep it to just the bare bones and give us a kit at a competitive price (not like theres much competition yet though lol)
Old 03-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #21
Blade

Had a very interesting conversation with Vince last night.

I showed him the D3 Supercharger we are discussing and repeated my convesation with the company to him. He thought it was weird they claimed that we would have to prep the engine to run 6-7 lbs of boost because there is a single turbo out in Hawaii running 9lbs!! Without swapping internals.

So here's what I am thinking, we wait and see how the Hawaiian Single turbo does over the next year. If the car is in one piece afterwards, w/o major issues. Then I think those of us interested should try this option.

Currently I don't have the cash anymore to spend $5700 on a mod. So I am going to wait. But I think this SC has serious potential on our engines at this point.

And Vince is confident that he can tune our cars to work with this power adder.

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Mercury Sable
Old 03-24-2011, 05:25 PM   #22
Amenti

That's pretty awesome news from Vince. This makes me really lean toward the D3 supercharger as my FI solution.

Appearance Mods: RiderGraphix LS7 Front Fascia Blackout Vinyl, Gill Insert Vinyl, Rear Deck Lid Vinyl (Gloss Black), Gary's Customs Painted Bowties

Old 03-24-2011, 06:45 PM   #23
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
The turbo'd v6 in Hawaii has been running since last summer and he had to do some things to be able to run 9-lbs of boost(meth-injection, fuel upgrade?). http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91892
Let's not forget our motor has high compression for any type of boost/forced induction and there are ways of taking that out of the equation and vince's tune is probably the first step. Prepping the internals might just mean they want to cut compression. There are ways to keep it out of detonation and the tune is one of them.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:19 PM   #24
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
The turbo'd v6 in Hawaii has been running since last summer and he had to do some things to be able to run 9-lbs of boost(meth-injection, fuel upgrade?). http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91892
Let's not forget our motor has high compression for any type of boost/forced induction and there are ways of taking that out of the equation and vince's tune is probably the first step. Prepping the internals might just mean they want to cut compression. There are ways to keep it out of detonation and the tune is one of them.
Yep and that's why things look encouraging. Apparently prepping the engine isn't as severe as I thought.

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Mercury Sable
Old 03-27-2011, 06:52 AM   #25
Blade

We have a thread from ProCharger and Adkins........isn't anyone interested in trying the D3 out?

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Mercury Sable
Old 03-29-2011, 01:27 PM   #26
Amenti

I'm interested. I just can't spare the funds right now.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #27
Supercharged V6

Drives: Supercharged
FYI, they are still looking for a test fit car. From what I understand they had a car lined up but it backed out.

Jimmyh - lol come on man. You should know better then to say stuff like that, "They have screwed up alot too though." Don't believe all the BS you hear on the internet. There's tons of haters out there that talk mess to make themselves look better. I have seen some impressive cars come out of that building. I'd be willing to bet you a cheeseburger you got bad info .

SCV6
Supercharged V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:53 PM   #28
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Damn if they were closer I would love to be a test car.