Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 03-14-2011, 02:30 AM   #15
USMCss

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS RJT
congrats on the new tranny ssmike. I was offered by GM to get my tranny replaced/fixed but after getting good results from the torque drive I opted out of it. I still will get some notchiness once a week for the first 5 mins of driving but no grinding. And as long as I double clutch doing any higher rpm downshifts it shifts great all the time.
For those still with the problem, it'd say give the torque drive a shot. It's been over 2 weeks with it in and the tranny is still shifting great. Comes in a 4 qt jug, got it for 37 plus tax from a local dealer (you might have to pay for shipping, I think my guy forgot to charge me) had about .5 qt left over so no need to get more. I never was a fan of amsoil because of their sketchy way they doing business and I probably won't use their products ever again but I was at the point where I'd try anything.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:40 AM   #16
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
You have to double clutch????? That is not 'shifting great'.

Been following these threads. Looks like an A6 when I order the '12. I do not see chevy fixing this or worse even addressing the matter. For you M6 guys/gals, I hope chevy gets with it.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:27 AM   #17
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Good luck with the A6. Lot of members here are complaining about them too! Unless your gonna get a trans tune the A6 will be a dissappointment, not to mention the L99 has less power than the LS3! Stick with the M6 and hope you get a good one.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:08 AM   #18
piticu667

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbikerinme83 View Post
Mine grinds bad most of the time but 3 Chevy dealers later they all say that they dont find anything wrong. The notchy shifting with griding is the only thing that I hate about my car. It's so bad that it makes me think about getting rid of the car because it takes the fun out of driving it when you're grinding gears all the time. Just drove a friends Mazda Speed 3 and it has a super short throw, no notchiness, and is supper supper smooth shifting. I could throw that thing in any gear I wanted at any time without thought or effort, wish I could say the same about my car. It's agrivating that Mazda can have a great shifting 6speed but GM cant.

Sorry, rant over
No problem I feel you. Please if you can do what i did upload it to you tube.
I have the same issues.
BTW mazda stopped using aisin transmissions a few years ago. Go figure!!! Btw just for the record i do not like mazda
piticu667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:46 AM   #19
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Good luck with the A6. Lot of members here are complaining about them too! Unless your gonna get a trans tune the A6 will be a dissappointment, not to mention the L99 has less power than the LS3! Stick with the M6 and hope you get a good one.
Yes an A6 would require a tune to shut off AFM and change the Tq Mgt a bit. But a manual that grinds gears is worth less yo me and do not want to gamble. Had many manuals with my GTOs and Zs...Well go A6 UNTIL you let me know GM has fixed them...

Cannot help but wonder why GM is not all over this....???
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #20
piticu667

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Dude do not get an M6 .. u will have so many issues... it dies like every 20k... worst manual car i have drive so far..
piticu667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:20 PM   #21
DBAKER

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, M6 SilverIce
I've had an issue with shifting into 3rd since day one with my 2010 2SS. I have 17k miles on it now, and it isn't getting better. Mine klunks/grinds occasionally going into 3rd and I find myself letting the rpm drop for a few seconds before shifting into third to avoid the issue. It occurs mostly when cold but can happen hot also and is under normal driving conditions. I have also experienced a klunk when trying to shift OUT of third, like as if I had not used the clutch!
I had the clutch replaced at 8k miles for multiple issues and the dealer found that the pressure plate was not properly torqued, resulting in damaged fingers and slipping clutch. I demo'd the third gear issue to the shop supervisor and left the car. They couldn't repeat it. Not happy about the whole clutch/trans performance in general. It should be brainless, smooth, and fairly consistent. I'll probably be taking it back in again soon if this persists. I love the car otherwise! But it should be fun to shift a 6 speed, not worrisome.
DBAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #22
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
DBAKER, have you spoken to our Customer Assistance team yet on this issue? I would suggest doing so or possibly sending me your contact information so I can set one up for you. I hope this helps you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:11 PM   #23
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCss View Post
congrats on the new tranny ssmike. I was offered by GM to get my tranny replaced/fixed but after getting good results from the torque drive I opted out of it. I still will get some notchiness once a week for the first 5 mins of driving but no grinding. And as long as I double clutch doing any higher rpm downshifts it shifts great all the time.
For those still with the problem, it'd say give the torque drive a shot. It's been over 2 weeks with it in and the tranny is still shifting great. Comes in a 4 qt jug, got it for 37 plus tax from a local dealer (you might have to pay for shipping, I think my guy forgot to charge me) had about .5 qt left over so no need to get more. I never was a fan of amsoil because of their sketchy way they doing business and I probably won't use their products ever again but I was at the point where I'd try anything.
..I'm kinda confused here...I thought the torque drive was for automatic transmissions...Amsoil makes a sychromesh for manual transmissions...you can use auto fluid in a manual?...sorry if it's a Noob question..I'm not a mechanic

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #24
booenson

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
..I'm kinda confused here...I thought the torque drive was for automatic transmissions...Amsoil makes a sychromesh for manual transmissions...you can use auto fluid in a manual?...sorry if it's a Noob question..I'm not a mechanic
The fluid thats specced out for the SS M6 tranny is ATF 3
booenson is offline   Reply With Quote