Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-25-2012, 06:41 AM   #43
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
I wish it would happen, but a 2 door big sporty car is a really tough sell.

I'd only buy one if they did it how dodge did the Challenger, where it's basically a direct rip off. And only of a '70 model
Yes - Chevrolet already makes a big 2-door sporty car - the Camaro. The 5th generation Camaro is not too much smaller than my '66 Chevelle, and is waaaaaaaaay heavier. So I agree with you, there really isn't any room for one until the Camaro shrinks.

http://www.chevellestuff.net/1966/misc/dimensions.htm

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/wiki.p...e=CAMARO+WIKI&

Last edited by pgustavson; 08-25-2012 at 06:49 AM. Reason: added links...
pgustavson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:46 AM   #44
pgustavson

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
While I love the 66-67 chevelle, IMO the 70 chevelle is one of the most beautiful cars ever built. When someone says muscle car, a red 70 chevelle with a black vinyl roof and black stripes is e first car that comes to mind.

And the 454 ls6 is just bad ass hahaha

Yeah, I was just being facetious. Good looking Chevelles ended with the '72 model year. I'm just partial to the '66s...
Old 08-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #45
monicatomokc

Drives: 2014 Corvette 2021 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgustavson View Post
Yeah, I was just being facetious. Good looking Chevelles ended with the '72 model year. I'm just partial to the '66s...
Me too!! (no surprise....)

If anything, we are more like to see this concept becoming a Camaro in the future. It has great lines and a would do well as a Camaro. Those wheels are fantastic!!! My opinion....
Old 08-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #46
rharp

Drives: 2010 SVT Raptor/ 70 Chevelle SS 396
Would be nice if this actually happens.
If it does I'll buy one and put it in the garage next to my 70ss and the wife's Camaro will be living outside.
Don't get me wrong the Camaro is a nice car but Imo the Chevelle is the best muscle car ever made.
Both of them are true icons, and it is time for both to be back on the road together.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #47
pgustavson

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicatomokc View Post

If anything, we are more like to see this concept becoming a Camaro in the future. It has great lines and a would do well as a Camaro. Those wheels are fantastic!!! My opinion....
I kind of see some of "Camaro-esque" lines in that concept, whatever it is. If that were to become the Camaro, do you think it might mean that four adults could actually fit in it???
I really think the Camaro needs to shed some size and weight. It's been a really heavy car for a long time...

BTW - your '66 Chevelle was the same color as my '66 originally was. I had no idea until I tore it down. It's sort-of similar to the red-jewel color of my Camaro,
Old 08-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #48
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:

Quote:
I kind of see some of "Camaro-esque" lines in that concept, whatever it is. If that were to become the Camaro, do you think it might mean that four adults could actually fit in it???
I really think the Camaro needs to shed some size and weight. It's been a really heavy car for a long time...
Are you guys talking about this car?

Because the reason why it looks 'Camaro-esque' is beacuse that photoshop is based off a picture of the 2006 Camaro concept car:

My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #49
monicatomokc

Drives: 2014 Corvette 2021 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Are you guys talking about this car?

Because the reason why it looks 'Camaro-esque' is beacuse that photoshop is based off a picture of the 2006 Camaro concept car:

Well, I can see where the background is a "reverse-negative" and the car color is the same but that's about as close as it gets. If whom ever is leaking these concept photoshop photos isn't working for GM, they should be!! They are doing some very good creative imaging if you ask me!!
Old 08-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #50
oklapike

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Quote:
Well, I can see where the background is a "reverse-negative" and the car color is the same but that's about as close as it gets. If whom ever is leaking these concept photoshop photos isn't working for GM, they should be!! They are doing some very good creative imaging if you ask me!!
The guy that did that photoshop used to (and may still be) a member over at GMInsidenews.com. It's another really good, informative site, if anyone were interested.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #51
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Yes - Chevrolet already makes a big 2-door sporty car - the Camaro. The 5th generation Camaro is not too much smaller than my '66 Chevelle, and is waaaaaaaaay heavier. So I agree with you, there really isn't any room for one until the Camaro shrinks.

http://www.chevellestuff.net/1966/misc/dimensions.htm

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/wiki.p...e=CAMARO+WIKI&
That's the biggest problem I see. The Camaro isn't a pony car anymore, it's a full sized car.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #52
oklapike

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
That's the biggest problem I see. The Camaro isn't a pony car anymore, it's a full sized car.
^This. If GM ever brings back a 2 door Chevelle, it should happen once the 6th gen Camaro comes out, and take the current Camaro's place as a Zeta coupe (full size) when Camaro moves to Alpha (pony car).
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:21 AM   #53
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Thats quite the assumption that the 6th gen will actually be smaller than the 5th. It might, but there isn't really anything to support that idea yet. While the ATS is going to be smaller than the Camaro, the Alpha architecture is also going to be underpinning the next gen CTS, which is going up a half size from what it is now -and the CTS is approximately the same size as the Camaro as it sits.

The Camaro is already a compact car, based on interior volume (not exterior dimensions). Yes, the packaging is horribly inefficient ... but the Camaro can't shrink a whole lot without hurting either a) the interior space or b) the exterior proportions.

Point is, I wouldn't be so quick to assume that the Camaro will be shrinking just because its going to be a bit lighter in a few years.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #54
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by oklapike View Post
^This. If GM ever brings back a 2 door Chevelle, it should happen once the 6th gen Camaro comes out, and take the current Camaro's place as a Zeta coupe (full size) when Camaro moves to Alpha (pony car).
I doubt GM would shrink the size of the Camaro. If the Chevelle is ever brought back, it would have to be a lot bigger.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote