Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-19-2014, 05:23 AM   #85
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Check Out the Brain on the Big Kahuna Burger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KahunaSS View Post
Fogged Brained Drivel?? Good One Ass Munch.. Sorry I didn't have time to spell check my words.... Im asking a question on this forum and you come on with your shit about me crashing when I'm fish tailing ... What in the world does that have to do with my question?? Do you just go around this forum and get on people for driving their cars to check performance and make sure everything is working correctly?? Then you want to talk about my spelling.. oh no.. you got me.. I'm so embarrassed.. I was talking about a power loss and what could be causing it it again, you chime in on some crap that isn't what I'm asking about. Did i try and make a wise crack at you first?? No i don't believe so. So if you don't mind go onto another thread and preach your crap to somebody else. Everyone here on this site is here to learn, give advice or to teach and thats depending on what the original question is... when you clicked on this thread were you planning on answering the question or did you just come on to criticize??? Forgive me for representing myself in a manner that isn't up to your standards of how a person should conduct themselves..... sorry ....... now i can get back to the discussions i was having with these other knowledgeable gentlemen...
Quote:
i guess that apostrophe was a really big mistake,,, yesteryears .. yesteryear's.. LOL... dear lord how can i live with myself.. Does it bother you i didn't capitalize the words I, Dear, or Lord ? I bet you proof read everything and tell everyone how stupid they are because the misspelled a word or typed too fast and hit the wrong key and didn't go back to fix it.. smh. anyway.............
I responded to your OP stating that playing with the nannies and "fishtailing" around corners (probably on a public road, as well) when you do so is a recipe for something "untoward" to happen. No name-calling, no personal insults, no expletives. What's your excuse?

You must be quite desperate by posting more of your self-indulgent, long-winded, feeble-minded bilge at 2:30 am. Go to bed and sleep it off.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:59 AM   #86
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post
Were you sober when you wrote the fog-brained drivel above, or are you just immature and really bitter? Anyone with any dignity and a minimum of self-respect would be embarrassed to represent themselves in this manner. Plus, you really can't spell worth shit, "buddy".

Furthermore, it's "yesteryear's model". If you're going to quote, at least do it correctly. When you hit the "quote" button, it quotes automatically (you can't even get that right). You really ARE a putz.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:04 AM   #87
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
i have a 2011 AUTOMATIC ss camaro and i have been trying to break the tires loose and i can't do a burn out to save my life.. only time i can get a little spin is if I'm in a sharp turn or in dirt... If i hit the brake and gas it it will spin a little before stopping.. Basically I'm losing power and it feels sluggish,, I did a fuse pull #5 and #20 (overnight) and still nothing,, I put on a CAI and still nothing,, I replaced the Maf sensor and still nothing,, Went to the dealer and had it test driven by service tech and he said the car does feel sluggish and it is bogging out when you punch it, so he made a report and is said he will look into it...., Its killing me.... I have babied the car it has 37,000 miles and i wanna have some fun now, The car always meet my expectations on the highway when speeding and racing cars in motion but on take off it sucks!!! My friends V6 feels stronger on take off. I also have taken of TC and ST and BOTH and put it in Comp mode.. STILL NOTHING!! Can anybody help me?? I have looked al under my hood for something and nothing,.,, No lights on or anything. I don't sometimes get a rpm jump from 1st into 2nd.. car shifts at 2000-3000 rpms and sometimes it jumps to 5000 and catches,.. also the car idles at 400 to 550 rpms up and down,, PLEASE HELP!!!!! I would just start adding things but i still have power train warranty till 100,000 miles
"I have babied the car it has 37,000 miles", treat your car like a wuss ad it will act like one. I'll PM you what you can do without voiding warranty, I had a 2011 L99 also.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #88
KahunaSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
"I have babied the car it has 37,000 miles", treat your car like a wuss ad it will act like one. I'll PM you what you can do without voiding warranty, I had a 2011 L99 also.
thanks !!
KahunaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:44 PM   #89
punk5150

Drives: 2014 SS/RS CRT
I had an 89 automatic formula and blew out the rear end one winter in the snow. I replaced it with a 3.73 rear and wow. Huge difference. That car had overdrive so it wasn't that bad. Plus gas prices were much cheaper back in the early 90's. I had a wimpy 305 with throttle bottle injected and that car was a rocket ship off the line. I could smoke them forever. Putting in a 3.91 is to much I think. At 70 on the highway your going to be drinking fuel. If you buy the 3.91 gears does the dealer recalibrate the speedometer or your mph reads accurately ? I have to ask... My firebird was always off.
I have the L99 and still in the process of breaking on my SS. I am going to be really disappointed if I can't "light them up " on my car after 1500 miles. I have 200 miles to go before I find out what this car really has.
punk5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:01 PM   #90
Cody6.2

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Anyone telling you that you need to throw aftermarket parts or tunes on your car is ignoring the underlying issue. It'd be like putting in a cut-out to bypass a clogged converter.

As for SLP parts they are owned by Roush.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:37 AM   #91
KahunaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk5150 View Post
I had an 89 automatic formula and blew out the rear end one winter in the snow. I replaced it with a 3.73 rear and wow. Huge difference. That car had overdrive so it wasn't that bad. Plus gas prices were much cheaper back in the early 90's. I had a wimpy 305 with throttle bottle injected and that car was a rocket ship off the line. I could smoke them forever. Putting in a 3.91 is to much I think. At 70 on the highway your going to be drinking fuel. If you buy the 3.91 gears does the dealer recalibrate the speedometer or your mph reads accurately ? I have to ask... My firebird was always off.
I have the L99 and still in the process of breaking on my SS. I am going to be really disappointed if I can't "light them up " on my car after 1500 miles. I have 200 miles to go before I find out what this car really has.
i think i might go with the 3.73,., i just have to see if the dealer will warranty it if i install it.. Do you think they will know if i have another shop do it?? the quoted me the price for the full job so i am assuming recalibration as well.. i will ask when i drop the car off on monday.. Your right about the 3.91. The Op with the graphs pretty much showed me what it would do.. i dodged a bullet on that one..
Old 07-20-2014, 01:41 AM   #92
KahunaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
Anyone telling you that you need to throw aftermarket parts or tunes on your car is ignoring the underlying issue. It'd be like putting in a cut-out to bypass a clogged converter.

As for SLP parts they are owned by Roush.

My local dealer said SLP parts would be the only aftermarket parts i could put on my ca without voided my warranty because they are made specifically for GM or Some B.S. like that... The dealer did tell me there is a issue with clogged injectors on these models.. He is a friend os mine and only told me because we are friends, other wise the dealership wouldn't say shit... smh..
Old 07-20-2014, 01:51 AM   #93
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
+1
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:09 PM   #94
KahunaSS

just to let all know who gave me info i had the car looked at up and down they said nothing was wrong .. i had the TB cleaned because it was dirty and i also had the injectors cleaned because of the clogging issue thats on file with them... the dealer said that the car had a few misfires on record and i already had done a tune up and they said that fixed the problem.. i took it to a "EMPTY LOT" like usual and took my turns with the nannies off and i burned some tires i also went from a stand still to a sharp right turn and punched it and did a couple donuts.. so there is power their.. I'm assuming the AFM system is causing the car to not burn tires when i slam the gas on just a straight take off. I also am getting the Vmax ported TB and i am putting in yukon ring and pinion rears 3.73.. The dealer said that the warranty would be voided on just the rear if it goes.. And the shop is giving me 6 months on the rear.. charged me 500 for the ring and pinions and 600 for the install.. 1,100 not bad... so after this i should be getting what i want.. I'm also going to get hi flo cats and the new flo master exhaust system thats out.. maybe headers.. don't want to make it too obvious to the dealer that i have so many mods done... I have a CAI already installed so anything else you would recommend?? Tb spacer??? i already mentioned headers... lmi.. thanks...
Old 07-22-2014, 04:11 PM   #95
KahunaSS

Quote:
wow going into 5th is like a 40 mph drop. thanks for the heads up.
I TOOK YOUR ADVICE WITH THE 3.73's... just to let u know i had the car looked at up and down they said nothing was wrong .. i had the TB cleaned because it was dirty and i also had the injectors cleaned because of the clogging issue thats on file with them... the dealer said that the car had a few misfires on record and i already had done a tune up and they said that fixed the problem.. i took it to a "EMPTY LOT" like usual and took my turns with the nannies off and i burned some tires i also went from a stand still to a sharp right turn and punched it and did a couple donuts.. so there is power their.. I'm assuming the AFM system is causing the car to not burn tires when i slam the gas on just a straight take off. I also am getting the Vmax ported TB and i am putting in yukon ring and pinion rears 3.73.. The dealer said that the warranty would be voided on just the rear if it goes.. And the shop is giving me 6 months on the rear.. charged me 500 for the ring and pinions and 600 for the install.. 1,100 not bad... so after this i should be getting what i want.. I'm also going to get hi flo cats and the new flo master exhaust system thats out.. maybe headers.. don't want to make it too obvious to the dealer that i have so many mods done... I have a CAI already installed so anything else you would recommend?? Tb spacer??? i already mentioned headers... lmi.. thanks...
Old 07-22-2014, 04:33 PM   #96
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
TB spacer is a gimmick
Old 07-22-2014, 04:33 PM   #97
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
I like the flowmaster outlaws
Old 07-22-2014, 10:24 PM   #98
KahunaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
You are going to need a tune to set the speedometer/odometer correctly when you change the gears. If you don't do that when you sell the car it will be marked as "Mileage Unknown".
It's not like the good old days where you just changed a gear in the tailshaft.

And NO to the throttle body spacer.

Flow-Masters make a nice sound.
yes thanks for the info.. I know i need to tune to set the speedometer... i want to do everything correctly .. i don't want to do S++t half assed.. i wanted to get the Outaw flow masters.. i haven't heard them yet but i hear good things... When i shop does the ring and pinion do they need to change out anything else besides the ring and pinion.. The mechanic said there might be a bearing that might need replacing if it needs to be pressed off.. I just want to know so i know all my sh+t when i go drop off my car when the gears come in... Its a reputable shop in town.. been around forever.. and i have not heard any bad things about them. if they f- up my car there is gonna be problems... lol

Tags
wrong subforum