Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-24-2011, 02:31 PM   #127
blaSSt

Drives: 98 SS, 15 COPO, 09 ZR1
Congrats on COTW! Very deserving awesome work!
Old 02-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #128
Beauwulf

Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik@Torq View Post
Congrats on COTW buddy! It is well deserved

Hope to see you at the track this weekend

/Erik@Torq
Thanks Erik! I spoke with Mark this afternoon and no slot ATM for Sunday. I am first on the list though... If I don't get to drive, I'll still come down to help Scott.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:43 PM   #129
xxIRONWILLxx
7.5 mpg and loving it!

Drives: it like I stole it!
Good job on the COTW. Thanks for the tips in your thread
Old 02-24-2011, 05:44 PM   #130
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Congrats man and I hope you get in line this weekend.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #131
Beauwulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_LHD3 View Post
Looking good. Congrats!!

Bringing it to life, I see...
Attachment 209215

My inspiration! Same artist did the one on my signature photo. I do love the look!

That rear diffuser is definitely on my list. And, maybe one day, the wide body kit! That would be sweet!
Old 02-24-2011, 05:57 PM   #132
Beauwulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Congrats man and I hope you get in line this weekend.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:06 AM   #133
sub zero

Drives: RED@2SS
i like the rear spoiler ,, can u post pic frome back side of the car
Old 02-25-2011, 06:15 AM   #134
DDA_Skull

Drives: 88 Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by a red maro View Post
+1 i hate the fact that some people think that just because our cars are V6's that somehow we are inferior and aren't worthy of any time and attention. If that were really true than how would you explain some four bangers beating V8's on the 1/4 mile and making enough power to make any V8 guy jealous. just because our cars are V6's doesn't mean that our cars don't deserve any attention.
The biggest thing with that is how much money did they have to put into the four banger to beat the V8? Its stock to stock that matters, cause any amount of money u put into your car, if the opponent puts the same amount into there car that was faster already as stock, then your probably not going to beat it.

So many honda's going i can beat your V8 Camaro. All i say is how much did you spend to beat me? Its most of the time more then what i paid, or its just a matter of time to see how long the car holds up. Stock my car is built to be fast, when you start getting into modding your car, i think you start shortening the life of it. Just like some people with diesel trucks, yeah they can beat me but in 5 years lets see, or just see how much money they have had to do in repairs. The reason our cars are Limited to 155 is that from the factory they say any faster and we are not sure that all the parts on your car will hold up.

DDA_Skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:17 AM   #135
DDA_Skull

Drives: 88 Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Camaro
Sweet car man, wish you the best of luck.
So your trying to keep your brakes cool using those hoses to direct the air from the front. thats cool.

DDA_Skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:03 AM   #136
Beauwulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDA_Skull View Post
The biggest thing with that is how much money did they have to put into the four banger to beat the V8? Its stock to stock that matters, cause any amount of money u put into your car, if the opponent puts the same amount into there car that was faster already as stock, then your probably not going to beat it.

So many honda's going i can beat your V8 Camaro. All i say is how much did you spend to beat me? Its most of the time more then what i paid, or its just a matter of time to see how long the car holds up. Stock my car is built to be fast, when you start getting into modding your car, i think you start shortening the life of it. Just like some people with diesel trucks, yeah they can beat me but in 5 years lets see, or just see how much money they have had to do in repairs. The reason our cars are Limited to 155 is that from the factory they say any faster and we are not sure that all the parts on your car will hold up.
One the other hand, my friends RX7 is in the 8s and he has less than 20k in it!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:20 AM   #137
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:

I think everyone has different priorities. Some people really love to work on and improve their cars. They can by a cheaper car and put the difference into mods. Others are fine with leaving it stock. Don't think there is one right answer.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #138
CarbonSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Sweet mods and congrats on COTW!!!

My Build Thread : http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155676
CarbonSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #139
Beauwulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub zero View Post
i like the rear spoiler ,, can u post pic frome back side of the car

Old 02-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #140
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Quote:

Soooo...whats fast to you? Your post is kinda irrelevant. Do you mean fast in a straight line? Fast on a track? Fast getting pushed out of an airplane?

And your notion for stock for stock w/ same amt of mod money is irrelevant too because that stock honda didnt cost as much as your stock camaro, correct?

Having owned 4 cyl Hondas, V8 GTO, turbo'd SRT-4 (which,btw, was my fastest 1/4mi car I owned) and now my 2nd v6 car, I'm not sure one is better than the others. Sure, the 4cyl is not a potent of a base as a large cube v8, but weight differences up to and over 1000 lbs play into the equation too.

But to add to the Joe-Dirtism of this argument, my 4 cyl SRT-4 was faster than your Camaro

Joe Dirt: Comin' to work. Joe Deertay.
KXLA Security Guard: Don't try and church it up son. Don't you mean Joe Dirt? Naming you that your father must've really hated you.
Joe Dirt: You're wrong brother.
KXLA Security Guard: I got a good name for this car, Rusty.
Joe Dirt: Shit'll buff out.
KXLA Security Guard: Don't bother, just drive this piece of crap off a cliff. Do us all a favor.
Joe Dirt: Does this look like a piece of crap to you? Like them spinnin' tires do you?
KXLA Security Guard: You suck!
joe Dirt: You do!