Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Do you prefer an exhaust sound in your future?
I prefer an exhaust note 66 91.67%
Don't really care 3 4.17%
The quieter the better 3 4.17%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2014, 03:24 PM   #1
monterd2

Drives: Cyber Gray LT w/ Red Rally Stripe
How important is your exhaust notes in the future?

Hello all,

I'm an undergrad conducting some research as well as an avid car enthusiast so please respond to my poll. Since electric and hydrogen cars are competing for our futures, I'd like to know if the fact that a hydrogen internal combustion engine would still be something like the loud cars we have today is something that makes the hydrogen car more attractive as opposed to an electric car that makes no noise at all.

Do you:

a) Prefer an exhaust note
b) Don't really care
c) The quieter the better

Thanks,

and I don't mind that you guys are a little biased, I might be too
check out my little dragon.

Attached Images

monterd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:27 PM   #2
scott's45
Scott's45

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary
Well, if it's a daily driver, then b) don't really care (currently have a Hyundai). But, for a performance car, then a) I prefer a nice exhaust note.
2012 2SS 45th Anniversary, Hurst short throw shifter, Stainless Power LT headers, high flow cats, SW Retro Chambered 3" cat back, CAI, Heritage grill, tinted windows, red/silver hash stripes, AAC LED sidemarkers, blacked out turn signals/tail lights, splash guards. 402RWHP

scott's45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:28 PM   #3
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
A - I wouldn't drive a car I couldn't hear.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:31 PM   #4
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
It may be an age thing, but making noise, especially when there is no performance involved, is of no value to me. We had to special order our 1LE to avoid the NPP that is very popular on this web site. That being said, I do not know how I feel about the complete silence of an electric car, but that might all change if there were a cost comparable one that had great performance. To me, the performance is the key factor, so as long as there is some exhaust note, (c) the quieter the better. However, if it is a big performance gain, I will take the noise!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:31 PM   #5
JAX CAMARO

Drives: orange 2011 2SS/RS
first mod, CAI, second mod exhaust, then ARH W/HFC, COMP CAM and love that sound and feeling !!!!!!!!!
ARH 1 7/8" Headers W/HFC, GM Performance Exhaust / K&N Typhoon CAI, Comp Custom Grind Dominator 3 Cam, Pioneer Dual Valve Springs, Trickflow Push rods, IWIS Timing Chain, Rapid Motorsports Tune, 496 RWHP
JAX CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:33 PM   #6
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
You should add the poll option to your thread
Old 03-17-2014, 03:33 PM   #7
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
I prefer a little growl in my exhaust, yes. A tuned exhaust note is always nice but not always possible in a 4 banger daily driver.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #8
monterd2

Drives: Cyber Gray LT w/ Red Rally Stripe
Thanks for the tip rick slick , I'm new to this thread.
monterd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:57 PM   #9
DaemonGPF
Redonkulous

Drives: Camaro
I turned away from buying a Tesla if that says anything. After driving 4 of them, all of them being the P85 variant, I just couldn't do it. It took all of the joy out of driving for me, despite being stupid quick off the line. I was already hating owning an automatic Lexus. Taking the sound on top of going automatic just provided no joy for me personally. I'd rather own a rude, spartan machine with some grunt!

Screw fuel economy and silence. I buy all halogens in my house and recycle the trash - that's my compromise to justify my V8 and Turbo fun toys.

DaemonGPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:22 PM   #10
FB3

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS LS3, BRM, NPP
I definitely prefer a good exhaust sound. However, to me straight pipe sound is just obnoxious. I like the deep tone and rumble of a V8.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:31 PM   #11
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
Like ask a Harley Guy "Load PIPES saves Lives ") They may not see you coming BUT they WILL hear you
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:08 PM   #12
Cat988h

Drives: Rally yellow 2011 Camaro 1SSRS
To me exhaust note is very important, could you imagine a 10 second car that was whisper silent. I guess that's why I got cam, headers, and No weeds exhaust dumps. I love to go downtown at dusk between the buildings and flip the dumps and let her and the tires sing. When I was a kid my dad used to take me to the drag strip and I would get goose bumps when I heard a nasty smallblock cackling away, this still happens to this day.
ATI Super Damper, Katech C5R Chain, Jannetty 470 Comp Cam, Comp Valve Springs, Mellings Oil Pump, Manley Push Rods, Comp Tringion Upgrade, Cold Air Inductions Intake, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w Cats, MBRP 3 Inch Exhaust, RX Catch Can, Eaton Tru Trac, 3.91 OEM, DSS Drive And Half Shafts, LPW Diff Cover,3 Inch Noweeds, Amsoil Z-Rod, Tuned by Jannetty Racing
Cat988h is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternative fuel, camaro, exhaust, hydrogen, noise