Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #57
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtrofablock View Post
Thanx guys Ive been wanting to do this for a while but have been a little unsure due to my lack of knowledge on cars and engines. I read the whole thread about the catch cans purpose awhile back. Is this something all motor do or just ours?
Every motor surfers from oil Injestion some more than others. But the LLT is pretty bad when it comes to it.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #58
Camaroman2012

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS AGM
Hey Qtrofablock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtrofablock View Post
2012LS 3.6L M6 All Black
Custom mats by LLYODS
HID/LEDs AAC
Colorshift 2.0 top,bottom,footwells
Aqua dome an trunk AAC
Black T Rex billet grilles

I really like your mods. Does your HID headlights act as the day time running lights still, or do you get fog lights and somehow get these to work as your daytime running lights? Also, are the Halos on all the time, or do they come on when the parking lights are turned on, or are they on a separate switch?

As far as the colorshift elsewhere, do you have any videos of these in action. I'm interested in how they work with the footwells, or are they the new led strips?

Thanks.
Camaroman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #59
Qtrofablock

Drives: 12 LS M6 All Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroman2012 View Post

I really like your mods. Does your HID headlights act as the day time running lights still, or do you get fog lights and somehow get these to work as your daytime running lights? Also, are the Halos on all the time, or do they come on when the parking lights are turned on, or are they on a separate switch?

As far as the colorshift elsewhere, do you have any videos of these in action. I'm interested in how they work with the footwells, or are they the new led strips?

Thanks.
Wats up? Thx for the compliment, hids act as drls, the fogs and halos have to be manually turned on. But at night both hids and fogs come on automatically. My halos are controlled by a remote so they always have to be turned on and off manually. as far as foot wells whatever color i choose my halos to be the footwells match it because they are wired like that!! BTW AAC did my install if u goto there youtube page my build is on there. look for a 2012 ls with colorshift 2.0 and retroed hids!!
Custom mats by Llyods/ AAC colorshift 2.0 halos ,footwells/ HID/LEDS by AAC/ Aqua interior and trunk/ Black billet upper and lower grilles/ Black billet bowties.MRT V2/Magnaflow X pipe/Rx catch can and oil breather cap/ C.A.I. Intake/Scoop/ww relocater/Hurst Short Throw Shifter

Qtrofablock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #60
texasrebel

Drives: 2012 Silver Camaro LS
just got my catch can today waiting for me when got home..cant install tonight though cause of rain..hopefully tomorrow..came in even quicker than thought
texasrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #61
texasrebel

got my catch can installed finally today..i was wondering if it is ok that i cut the tube a little farther back under the cardboard cover behind the regular engine cover than some of the pics of others on here. i was using the pics from the instructions and showed it in that area so was just wondering since the system isnt under much pressure anyways.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #62
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasrebel View Post
got my catch can installed finally today..i was wondering if it is ok that i cut the tube a little farther back under the cardboard cover behind the regular engine cover than some of the pics of others on here. i was using the pics from the instructions and showed it in that area so was just wondering since the system isnt under much pressure anyways.
Congrats, Tex. My understanding is that there is so little pressure involved the length of the hose isn't critical. I would think, actually, the shorter the hose the better.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #63
texasrebel

Ok thanks alot Palmer! just making sure everything was good to go.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #64
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
First Can dump!

I'll be changing my oil and filter in a couple hundred more miles, so I thought I'd go ahead and drain my catch can. This is what it held after nearly 4,000 miles of (mostly) Interstate driving (70-75 mph). There was less than two ounces of oil in the can. It looked free of debris but dirtier than what is on the dipstick, so I guess that oil that goes back through PCV is a bit nastier than oil that doesn't. Makes sense. Anyway... here it is.

I'll be changing oil/filter every 5,000 miles and dumping the can as well from here out.
Attached Images

2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #65
5thGen2LT

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th Anniversary
Palmer - yet more proof of the advantage/need for a "catch" can. They sure nailed the name of that contraption!!
5thGen2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #66
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Helllll yeah they did.

Nice job.
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #67
Earnhardtfan77

Drives: Summit White 2012 1LT/RS
Well I finally received my catch can today. Took a total of 17 business days but i finally got it. Paint matches up really nice to the car. Instal only took about 20 min.
Cold Air Inductions CAI, VMaxx ported throttle body, RX catch can, Led Interior Lights, Led License plate lights, Hood Spears, Blacked Out Rear Trunk panel, Gills, Blacked Out Front Fascia, and Bow tie
Earnhardtfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #68
45th in Georgia

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
Just ordered mine......"every picture tells a story, don't it"
45th in Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:29 AM   #69
Solocus

Drives: 87 Iroc 350, 2001 SS, 45th 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by colingordon View Post
That is a standard bracket (I don't think RX even sells driver side brackets) and RX and Elite defiantly are the best for all of the Camaro 5 engines (even V8) but I personally like the RX one better and they seem to be more popular on this website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnhardtfan77 View Post
I asked the op this already and he told me to get the drivers side bracket. And the option is there on there site
So which is the correct bracket for our LFX engine?

Delivered 9-29-2011 exactly 45 years to the day from the
first 1967 Camaro showing up in dealer showrooms!
Solocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #70
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
The short "L" works for the pass side or the drivers side.

V8 takes the long "L" for pass side, and short L for drivers side.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote