Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-24-2016, 08:41 PM   #1
aMMgYrP

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Angry The Car Repair from hell

I've got a 2010 V6 6-Speed Manual Camaro with 80k miles. In early January I started getting a weird flutter/tapping sound when I would get around 2700/3000 rpm.

Brought it into the local service center and it was diagnosed by one tech as having the LLT 3.6 timing chain issue, but was told they wouldn't be able to give me an estimate until the other tech came in on Monday, they'd call me. Monday came and went, no estimate. Called on Tuesday, left message, message never returned. Called GM to see if they could see what was happening, they told me they would get back with me. Skip ahead 9 days later, finally get an estimate.

Bring vehicle back in for service on a Saturday. Tuesday I get a call from the senior tech. He's re-diagnosed it as the pressure plate in the bell housing. I agree to perform repairs based the re-diagnosis. Thursday I get a call "Replaced the clutch and pressure plate... but it's still making that sound. We're gonna keep looking though" That was 6 days ago, and since then I haven't been able to get a call answered or returned.

Is this typical? Can anyone on the forum read the tea-leaves on this? Is it normal to have a car in service for two weeks and have the service center go radio silent? The other part of this is, am I responsible for paying for the part of the repair that didn't fix anything?
aMMgYrP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:14 PM   #2
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
You agreed to the work, so you agreed to pay...unfortunately.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:38 PM   #3
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
I hate to rain on your parade more than your dealer... But I also had a tapping/flutter noise at that rpm range in my LLT. Turned out to be a failed rod bearing. Have them drop the oil pan while they've got everything torn apart and see if anything is wrong. There are numerous 2010 LLTs with the same issue do a search for it on here and a bunch of stuff will come up.
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 12:15 AM   #4
aMMgYrP

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkentect View Post
I hate to rain on your parade more than your dealer... But I also had a tapping/flutter noise at that rpm range in my LLT. Turned out to be a failed rod bearing. Have them drop the oil pan while they've got everything torn apart and see if anything is wrong. There are numerous 2010 LLTs with the same issue do a search for it on here and a bunch of stuff will come up.
Thanks, I'll ask them to check it out.
aMMgYrP is offline   Reply With Quote