Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-16-2016, 10:30 AM   #15
clarkkent

Drives: 2013 2SS (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosted View Post
Huh? Bought my car post-recall, moved my key blade from the key to the fob and don't have any issues. Everyone else on the forums reports the same thing, so I don't know where this rumor of incompatibility comes from.
The rumor of incompatibility comes from the manufacturer's page on Amazon. I didn't believe it either, but on the off chance they were right, I didn't get it. Obviously removing the key from the fob works fine, but it's the transponder chip that is unknown. There was a small chance Chevy changed something, because I also had read that if you brought in one key for recall (to keep the switchblade in the other) they would make it so the other wouldn't work anymore.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:28 PM   #16
DroptopZ
I'm your huckleberry...

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '88 IROC vert
Thanks for the feedback, all. I am putting the fob in rice tonight, but thankfully removing the battery remedied the situation (at least for now). I got at least half a wink of sleep.

My daughter is a tank. She was out, did not wake once even though the car was parked right outside of her bedroom window. I guess I can't trust her to act as an intruder alarm

DroptopZ is offline   Reply With Quote