Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-02-2016, 09:25 AM   #15
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
Or Drivetrain in general
xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:29 AM   #16
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
My car did that around 70 mph at a steady speed and only under throttle it would stop as soon as I backed off so I knew it wasn't tires. Dealer just blamed the AFM of course....Oddly enough I don't notice it now that I am tuned and it wasn't AFM as I used a Range to disable it before. Of course they didn't know that..... To me it was almost like an engine miss.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:36 AM   #17
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Just take it in......they will know it's tuned anyway. Sounds like suspension problems but who knows.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:37 AM   #18
xrivera91

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
My car did that around 70 mph at a steady speed and only under throttle it would stop as soon as I backed off so I knew it wasn't tires. Dealer just blamed the AFM of course....Oddly enough I don't notice it now that I am tuned and it wasn't AFM as I used a Range to disable it before. Of course they didn't know that..... To me it was almost like an engine miss.
No way afm would do that! At least I couldn't believe that. It's weird because under steady acceleration it would vibrate pretty hard. If I removed my foot off the throttle or pushed the throttle it would go away.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:43 AM   #19
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Quote:
^ Speaking of assumptions what makes you so sure its a suspension vibration that's the problem?
You're right, I should have said suspension/drivetrain.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:46 AM   #20
qcman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrivera91 View Post
No way afm would do that! At least I couldn't believe that. It's weird because under steady acceleration it would vibrate pretty hard. If I removed my foot off the throttle or pushed the throttle it would go away.
That is the same condition for my car... I never did resolve it and have read from others about having it too.... And AFM was off at that time except i pulled the Range when going to the dealer or they would have blamed that.

So technically AFM was on when they test drove it though it made no difference...
Old 03-02-2016, 09:52 AM   #21
xrivera91

Quote:
That is the same condition for my car... I never did resolve it and have read from others about having it too.... And AFM was off at that time except i pulled the Range when going to the dealer or they would have blamed that.

So technically AFM was on when they test drove it though it made no difference...
Wow that sucks. I feel guilty driving it because I'm worried I'm going to make the situation worse. This is one of the only things that has bothered me since switching to an American car. I feel like all the service departments around me do is say "Ohh we couldn't recreate the issue you were experiencing so we just won't check and let you take it home" lol
Old 03-02-2016, 10:06 AM   #22
qcman

Quote:
Wow that sucks. I feel guilty driving it because I'm worried I'm going to make the situation worse. This is one of the only things that has bothered me since switching to an American car. I feel like all the service departments around me do is say "Ohh we couldn't recreate the issue you were experiencing so we just won't check and let you take it home" lol
Yeah the good news is that after the car was tuned it was much better go figure? I still think it was a sort of engine miss or hesitation that was the cause to this day but now the car runs better. Its kind of ironic that doing stuff to the car that I shouldn't be doing made it run smoother lol.

Did you get yours looked at yet?
Old 03-02-2016, 10:08 AM   #23
xrivera91

Quote:
Yeah the good news is that after the car was tuned it was much better go figure? I still think it was a sort of engine miss or hesitation that was the cause to this day but now the car runs better. Its kind of ironic that doing stuff to the car that I shouldn't be doing made it run smoother lol.

Did you get yours looked at yet?
No I've been spending too much time trying to sell my 14 kawasaki for a can am lol. And I just tuned it as well so let's see how it goes.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:06 PM   #24
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Quote:
I feel like all the service departments around me do is say "Ohh we couldn't recreate the issue you were experiencing so we just won't check and let you take it home" lol
Not excusing the situation because it sucks for the customer but it's hard enough for the flat rate techs and service advisors to make $$$ at a GM dealership(at least most of them), it's hard to be bothered with something that can't be recreated or damn near impossible diagnose. Again, not excusing the behavior, just giving some insight. How many dealers do you have around you?
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:25 PM   #25
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
At my local dealer you ride with them when they look for the problem and 99% of the time the vehicle will not do it with them in it.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:30 PM   #26
xrivera91

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
At my local dealer you ride with them when they look for the problem and 99% of the time the vehicle will not do it with them in it.
Lmao every time