Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-27-2016, 04:44 PM   #1
kingbow

Drives: 2010 Camaro
2010 Camaro 2SS with long clutch shift?

Hey guys, I don't know if this is an issue or not but I figured I'd ask here.

I have the 2010 Camaro 2SS V8 L99 Automatic 6speed.

I've only ever driven 'normal' cars so I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen in a Camaro or sports car. I ride off-road competition motorcycles (read DirtBikes) and what I'm hearing/feeling is similar to something manual gear/transmissions will do.

At low gears from like say 1-3 on my automatic Camaro. There will be this sound and feel like 'letting go of the clutch' on a manual motorcycle where it will ride on it slightly for a bit and then let go.

I've never felt or heard this from the other cars I've driven before (all normal people cars) but I do hear and feel this when driving manual cars or motorcycles.

Is this normal on the 2010 Camaro automatic? I don't have any of the normal signs of a worn transmission like gear slipping or any other weird sounds.

It just has that clutch engaging and disengaging feel and sound that rides a bit longer than I'm used to on the low gears.

Thanks, I appreciate the responses.
kingbow is offline   Reply With Quote