Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
What would you do?

Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice here.

I know I've had a few posts about my "future car" but I value others opinions because it could help me realize something I wouldn't have thought of... I know the decision is mine, just looking for some opinions or similar experiences.

I'm ready to buy a new car, cash. Long story short, I had an order ready for a '13 2SS 1LE. I waited because I really wanted to see the '14. Well, I saw it, and like most, I don't really like it and I can't order the '13 anymore. A local dealer has a '13 1LE in the showroom EXACTLY how I wanted it (black, RS, 2SS, 1LE, Nav) BUT it also has a sunroof, that i didn't want... Is that enough for me not to get the car? How is the sunroof in the Camaro? Leaks? Squeaks? Noisey? There are no other 1LE's around here, let alone Canada apparently. So this could be my last chance for the 1LE should I go that way.

Here is where more of my dilemma comes in... That Camaro, a new Corvette Grand Sport or slightly used Z06 and a 2012 CTSV Coupe are all local and available and within my budget...

Those 3 cars are literally the three cars I've been eye balling for a year while I was waiting for this summer to buy a new car.

They are all local so I'm going to drive them all tomorrow morning and I'm hoping one makes me smile WAY MORE than the other 2 and that's the one I'll know is the one...

Driving for me is all for fun. I work from home and rarely have anywhere I need to be lol So I don't really need to think about being practical. It's just me and my girlfriend (so the 2 seats in the vette don't concern me)

Has anyone faced a similar issue when they bought their Camaro? Just thought I'd throw it out there.

I want something fast (obviously) and that will draw looks from people... Something that just says, Oh ya... I drive this... Nice huh? lol
BATMOB1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Get the Vette.
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
Doraemon

Drives: 2011 IBM 2LT/RS
My order would be

1. Vette GS
2. Camaro 1LE
Tie. Used Z06
4. CTSV Coupe
Doraemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Also...i'm 28 and I know there is a stupid stigma attached to vettes that they're an "old man car." I don't agree obviously... but that does suck a little. Already a few times I had to explain why I wanted a vette and I'm under the age of 60... annoying!
Old 05-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
alanhurst
Master Chief

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS L99
The sunroof in my car works with no issues,no leaks,squeeks,etc. when I had my LT it didnt have a sunroof and honestly it felt alot more confined inside.

The SS has the sunroof and when the weather is good opening the sunroof all the way and dropping the side windows the car feels very open.

It might be just me but this is the first car i've had with a sunroof where the sun didnt come down and try to glare through it into my face.

If I were you though, I'd just test drive it, open the roof and the windows, see if it appeals to you.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #6
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
I didn't want a sunroof until I sat in one with and one without. I liked the one with the sunroof better. Now, I use it all the time. No leaks or rattles.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Have you thought about the ZL1? At least the front end remains the same for '14 model.

I have a sunroof and haven't had an issue with 22,000 miles. No squeaks, rattles, or leaks. It's really nice option and "opens" up the cabin a bit more on those nice sunny days.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #8
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
What year is the z06?
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #9
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
if you look hard enough, you should be able to find your car somewhere in the country. try that, and have it delivered to your dealer.
batman53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:28 PM   #10
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
Sunroof I love.

My opinion is Get the Vette. But if can wait a few months, get the new one.

Also my opinion, the Vette is considered an "old-man's" car, because, they are expensive, and MOST younger people cannot afford them, as well, young people have to worry about a practical vehicle with more than 2 seats to fit the kids.

I am an older guy, and would love the Vette, and I have wanted one since I was old enough to enjoy cars. If i wasn't so tight with my money, that is what I would be driving. (but retirement is more important than buying one)

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #11
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Well you would have to give us more info on the used vette and cts-v is it a C5 Zo6 or a C6 Zo6 and how many miles on are each. Me personally id get what you originally set to get a new Camaro basically ordered the way u wanted it except an sunroof and its new so you know it wasn't thrashed on or driven hard. Prolly also get a better deal on the 13 Camaro since you cant order them anymore and the 14s will be out soon.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #12
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
I have test driven a lot of cars that i think are fun and i go to the new car show every year here is the list you should start with. Go with an open mind and go with your gut with what gets your blood pumping. As for the sunroof its not a deal breaker you might actually like it. The only downside is that you lose the reverse mohawk but it really is a nice feature to be honest. FYI the challenger,mustang and camaro are all due for a redesign in the next few years.

1 10-13 camaro SS get the 1LE
2. 12-13 challenger SRT8 392(if its out of your price range there is a core option)
3. 11-13 Mustang 5.0(stay away from the 2010 GT it doesn't have the new 5.0 and the 2013 got the GT 500 front and a new rear design its awesome)
4. Vette GS
5. 12-13 charger SRT8(superbee is a great value if the regular is out of your price range)
6. used Z06
7 CTS-V
8 Subaru STI (this car is fun to drive)
9.03-04 SVT mustang cobra (yes its not new but dam this is one of the funniest cars i have ever been in)

Last edited by Thrillz; 05-05-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #13
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
Have you thought about the ZL1? At least the front end remains the same for '14 model.

I have a sunroof and haven't had an issue with 22,000 miles. No squeaks, rattles, or leaks. It's really nice option and "opens" up the cabin a bit more on those nice sunny days.
I'd love a ZL1 but I'd like a 2013 and that comes in a little too over budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
What year is the z06?
Probably a 2008 - 2009. Depending what I could find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJim56 View Post
Sunroof I love.

My opinion is Get the Vette. But if can wait a few months, get the new one.

Also my opinion, the Vette is considered an "old-man's" car, because, they are expensive, and MOST younger people cannot afford them, as well, young people have to worry about a practical vehicle with more than 2 seats to fit the kids.

I am an older guy, and would love the Vette, and I have wanted one since I was old enough to enjoy cars. If i wasn't so tight with my money, that is what I would be driving. (but retirement is more important than buying one)
I agree with why people say it's an "old mans car." The new one will be over budget I'm sure, in Canada.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:38 PM   #14
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
I like 'vettes, but for some reason I just couldn't see me buying one. Camaros are more my style. Don't know why, but I just don't get all gooshy inside about them.

The sunroof should not sway you, IMO. If it's just a toy, then you'll probably leave it parked indoors a lot anyway, so the sun shouldn't cook or UV damage your seals as bad (we have to worry about that here in the southern U.S.). Our sunroof still shows no leaks.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote