Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-25-2021, 10:54 AM   #57
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Just for a ha ha, taking a FWD architecture and sliding it to the back was basically the Fiero.

Originally a Corvette concept Pontiac wanted it but to sell it to leadership they claimed it was a 2 seat commuter car. To save costs they took the Chevy Citation Drivetrain and moved it to the rear and then took the Chevy Chevette front suspension and used that for the front of the Fiero. So it was approved.

Over the first few years, suspensions were upgraded just in time for the car to die. A 2nd was in the works, but did not live.

Pretty sure the old FWD V8 W-car architecture (Pontiac Gerald Prix GXP) would not just slide into 8th the C8 architecture and I’d wager a fine craft beer on that. So any change to an architecture is HUGE money.

Great thought but Chevy absolutely does not need 2 mid engine cars that seat 2 in the same show room. If their was a solution to sane tha Camaro it would be make it a better coupe, larger rear seat, bigger trunk, more green house and tone down the bold Merican Muscle styling. Then you’d have a shot. Making it even more impractical won’t help.

All this proposal does is repeat the failed C5 hard top. Make a cheaper Corvette but call it a Camaro. But if you want the better performance bits it will no longer be a Camaro it will be a Corvete. A sadder end to the Camaro than just saying goodbye IMO.

Oh and Merry Christmas!

Last edited by Number 3; 12-25-2021 at 01:46 PM.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 11:52 AM   #58
ZL1plumbin

Drives: ZL1 1LE on order
Unfortunately I think the Camaro has a better chance coming back as some metro mustang mach E type thing than any sort of performance car.
ZL1plumbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 03:26 PM   #59
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by plus1zero View Post
Depends on how much gas gets hiked up. If it hits $8-9/gal in an effort to push people to EVs there's not gonna be too many people wanting them other than weekend cars. When gas spiked for awhile back in 2012--2014 trucks seemingly took a hit in value due to gas prices.
Agree !
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 03:45 PM   #60
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
If their was a solution to sane tha Camaro it would be make it a better coupe, larger rear seat, bigger trunk, more green house and tone down the bold Merican Muscle styling. Then you’d have a shot. Making it even more impractical won’t help.
true dat
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 03:46 PM   #61
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1plumbin View Post
Unfortunately I think the Camaro has a better chance coming back as some metro mustang mach E type thing than any sort of performance car.
truth hurts, I can dream my dream.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 12-26-2021, 04:10 PM   #62
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
If their was a solution to sane tha Camaro it would be make it a better coupe, larger rear seat, bigger trunk, more green house and tone down the bold Merican Muscle styling. Then you’d have a shot. Making it even more impractical won’t help.

Oh and Merry Christmas!
Honestly. They should end the Camaro now.

Other manufacturers are anteing up for one more round of ICE. Ford, BMW, Elise…. Chevy hasn’t invested into elevating the Camaro’s performance since 2018. Five model years very soon.

The Camaro completely obliterated all of the coupe / sedan competition while the engineers were still involved (2016 to 2018). End it now and save us from the slow bleed out and final edition decal package.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 05:27 PM   #63
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
Can expect that current 6th Gen would exit with two Caddy sedans when GM decides to built new battery factory in Lansing.
Old 12-26-2021, 06:14 PM   #64
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Firebird View Post
Can expect that current 6th Gen would exit with two Caddy sedans when GM decides to built new battery factory in Lansing.
Yup. That’s the plan.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 07:45 PM   #65
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
At $80,000 to $120,000 on "normal days" there are a lot of really nice cars. Fast, luxurious, and fun to drive. Look at that MSRP list...

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 11:24 AM   #66
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
I've been giving considerable thought to my next car purchase and thankfully my income went up significantly this past year.

-The C8 looks good, but not sure I'm ready to be in the Boomer County Club set, yet (I'm Gen X BTW, lol). Not to mention a base C8 isn't worth six figures to me at all. They were MUCH more appealing in the originally stated $60-70k range. Honestly, if I'm spending over $100k on a car, it might be a BMW M5 Comp or an older Italian car.

-I've ruled out the Camaro. TBH, even the interior space in my 5th gen Z/28 isn't that great at 6'4" 285 lbs. And I have zero interest in an EV Camaro, if they don't kill Camaro outright.

-I might custom order whatever the top of the line Challenger Hellcat is in 2023, Redeye still maybe? Even Dodge is going EV for 2024. I've never bought a brand new car for myself, only my wife a couple times.

-I REALLY hope the S650 Mustang looks WAY better than the S550. I wouldn't mind an AWD hybrid at this point, sounds a hell of a lot better to me than a full EV. Still get the V8 sound and experience with maybe front wheel elec motor help? At this point, I really hope Ford nails the S650.
I owned two Challengers (hated the 5th gen camaro), one was a daily driver and one was a supercharged play thing setup for road racing. The Challenger is a FAR FAR FAR better touring car vs the 6th gen Camaro, sure the Camaro is a FAR FAR FAR better performance car, mainly due to weight, but also the platform is better and tighter and lighter. If I had to pick only one car and use that as my daily driver, my touring car, my fun blast down the raod car, I'd pick a Challenger hands down. It is just a better car.

On the Vette, it is to most people only OK looking and to my brother and son, both HATE it. It is NOT a country club or touring car, they are low, hard to park, hard to see out of, et al. All the things that make a touring car a touring car. They IMO are a Merican supercar and have all the compromises of one (probably a lot more dependable though).

I'm old and already have a hard time with the Miata, I just don't see me getting a C8.

I also drive my Bro's road race Boxster as he is a pilot and the car sits for long periods of time, to me this seems more flexible as a fun, touring type of car. I even toyed with the idea of picking up a Caymen and selling the Camaro and Miata, the new 400 HP flat six is just a phenomenal car and it si actually a reasonable driving / touring car.

Nutshell I see the C8 as too much of a compromise car, in order to become a premier performance car for the masses, it is no longer a CAR that I would use even for touring purposes. It would sit in my garage most of the time because I would take the Miata for touring, I'd drive the Miata for some blast down the twisties, I'd take the Titan if I'm taking passenger cars, I'd take the M6 supercharged gen 6 Camaro for some burning out and hot rodding.

I too will wait and see my target now is
1) wait till 2027 and keep m6 Camaro, m6 Miata CS BBS.. see what the S650
0r
2) sell all and get a Caymen, either a 400 HP version flat six or go for a 2006 or so and put a turbo kit on it for same 400 HP

I can understand by your size, you just don't have my options, and IMO a Challenger would be the way to go.
Old 12-31-2021, 05:11 PM   #67
ZL1plumbin

Drives: ZL1 1LE on order
Hellcats are easier to get/order as well. Pretty much any Stelantis product
ZL1plumbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 05:51 PM   #68
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
if gas hits 8 or 9 bucks a gallon i will be selling my car and sharing the wifes 2018 honda civic coupe.be damned if i will be buying an electric SUV...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 01:30 AM   #69
RealG

Rumor says 2023 camaro gets LT2 with hp bump.
Old 01-03-2022, 01:32 AM   #70
RealG

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
if gas hits 8 or 9 bucks a gallon i will be selling my car and sharing the wifes 2018 honda civic coupe.be damned if i will be buying an electric SUV...
Sell it to who ? Everybody has the same idea the market will be flooded and nobody will want them. History repeats itself.