Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #57
styphon

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
I also have no drone with a kooks LT header, solo HFC, and solo cat back.
styphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #58
heymatt

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS Vert.
Just put mine on. DT shorties with Solo HFC. WOW! Sounds like it should have come from the factory!
Didn't use the extensions. No CEL, yet!
Old 10-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #59
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by heymatt View Post
Just put mine on. DT shorties with Solo HFC. WOW! Sounds like it should have come from the factory!
Didn't use the extensions. No CEL, yet!
Without extenders or a tune it's only a matter of time. Will likely be a good shot of WOT that will trigger the code. If you don't drive much your odds get way better

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #60
heymatt

Why would not using the extensions for the rear O2 sensors throw a code? It doesn't appear to be any change in distance on the depth of the sensor into the cat?
Old 10-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #61
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by heymatt View Post
Why would not using the extensions for the rear O2 sensors throw a code? It doesn't appear to be any change in distance on the depth of the sensor into the cat?
I am not an expert on this, but going from 2- 600 cell cats each side to only 1-200 cell cat per side I would think that the front O2's are designed to deal with the heat from the exhaust and the front cats have been refered to as "heaters" at my local exhaust shop, and the rear O2's being after the 2 stock cats see a little cooler exhaust temp due to going through the 2- 600 cell cats would eventually get burned by the temps from the HFC's, just guessing and eventually throw a code. My mech forgot to install the extenders on my car and I drove around for a week without them, I talked to Steve at SOLO and he said I would eventually throw a code, so I went back and had the extenders installed and in 1.5 days got a CEL,P1133, went back to the dealer talked to my mech, checked again and had 2 codes,P1133 and P1153, both front sensors went bad from the cats and extenders not being installed properly, got them replaced under warranty, so my advice to you is, if it says to use the extenders to NOT get a CEL,,,DO IT, you will save yourself some aggrivation in the long run..And enjoy going SOLO, I am..Oh if any of this needs correction, feel free..
1JEWLDSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #62
68RSZ

Drives: 68 RSZ & 2010 SS2RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
Keep an eye on the classifieds on here. You can usually snag a used set in excellent condition for about $350 for the LS3 versions. That's what I did (and alot of others) and couldn't be happier!
Same Here!! Permasmile now Permagrin!!
68RSZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #63
heymatt

Put the extenders on. Since they go on the rear O2 sensors it was only a 10 minute job.
Thanks for the heads up.