Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #15
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroRunsDeep View Post
Solo exhaust with J pipes! Made the mistake of not going that way from the beginning. You will be sorry if you do otherwise....
+1

Started out with Loudmouth II axle-backs. Too much drone in the convertible. Switched to Solo Performance as soon as they had the convertible cat-back system ready. Best thing I did to the car! Whether a V6 or V8 owner, I don't think you'll find anyone disappointed by the Solo J-pipes.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #16
BlueRay-J

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Convertible
Some local folks really sold me on Corsa... worth the extra money over Solo?
BlueRay-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #17
Who Dat 2SS

Drives: Bitches Crazy
Solo on my vert with a roto fab cai and its perfect.

2011 2SS Convertible Black on Black on Black, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger, LS3 Conversion, LS9 Cam, Kooks Ceramic Coated Headers, LS3 Exhaust, Roto-Fab CAI, BMR Sway Bars and Bushings, JDP Color Changing Halos with Synced Grill Lighting, Custom Magnetic Removable Front Plate
*** RECORD HOLDER - FASTEST 3 WHEELED, 7 CYLINDER CAMARO LAP TIME AT MSR ***
Who Dat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #18
Gazza.nz

Drives: 2ss 45th anniversary convertible
Recently put Solo hi flow cats and cat backs on my 2ss vert, sounds awesome, but now need to turn afm off.
I found Solo great to deal with.
Gazza.nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #19
GOINGSOLO2

Drives: All Models
If you have any questions about our products, feel free to call me anytime at 516-655-9002, 7 days a week until midnight EST. I'd be happy to help. Thanks to everyone for the kind words and feedback!

Steve
GOINGSOLO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:44 AM   #20
Who Dat 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regifnald View Post
.if you don't mind the sound of a fat kid hitting a bad note playing the tuba.

I agree with you on the tuba note. That's exactly how I describe the AFM noise. HOWEVER, this has absolutely nothing to do with Solo. Any aftermarket exhaust will do the same thing on an L99, but also with drone. To get rid of AFM with aftermarket exhaust, you have to tune. So, aside from either doing the Helmholtz resonance math yourself and adding custom j pipes at an exhaust shop or spending twice as much on a Corsa and sound a bit European (insert Jerry Seinfeld voice here: "not that there's anything wrong with that"), Solo is the best sounding American muscle exhaust in my opinion and I believe they would have 100% repeat business from current owners.

Sent from my iPad
http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com

2011 2SS Convertible Black on Black on Black, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger, LS3 Conversion, LS9 Cam, Kooks Ceramic Coated Headers, LS3 Exhaust, Roto-Fab CAI, BMR Sway Bars and Bushings, JDP Color Changing Halos with Synced Grill Lighting, Custom Magnetic Removable Front Plate
Old 03-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #21
GOINGSOLO2

Thanks very much for the kind words. The AFM sound is not one that anybody desires for sure, but the J pipes in our kits do a wonderful job of eliminating that horrible drone frequency. Thanks so much and have a great day!
Old 03-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #22
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
More praise for Solo Mach XL w/ J-pipes here!
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #23
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Just ordered the Mach X-LFX system... Can't wait to install.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #24
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Funny I found this cause I ve been looking for exhaust for some time and have had no luck. I want to do ARH LT headers and this solo hi flow cat exhaust, in prep fpr a supercharger next year. Just talked to Steve and he seems like a great guy to deal with. Ive been told by other exhaust makers that the drone will be there at 1900 rpms in 6 gear...which is cruising speed, but Steve says they have solved the problem.

Any one have this solo exhaust on an LS3 6 spd with LT headres.....would love to hear a sound clip.
DAVENPORT STAGE 2 PLUS - 2" ARH ceramic coated headers - 3" ARH catless exhaust - Stock NPP mufflers - Kong ported SC - Katech 103 ported TB - Rotofab 5" Big gulp CAI - 22.5% lower pulley - ATI Harmonic balancer - Cordes SC expansion tank - MSD hi temp ignition wires - Koolsox spark plug insulators - custom tunes - 660hp/725tq pump - 713hp/763tq race

meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #25
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill813 View Post
Had the dealer put the Solo cat back exhaust on before I picked up car when it was brand new, Been happy with it since. Since then put AHR LT headers on. Fanatastic

Man it would be awesome if you could post a sound clip...this is exactly what I want to do with hi flow cats....would love to hear your car rumble !!
DAVENPORT STAGE 2 PLUS - 2" ARH ceramic coated headers - 3" ARH catless exhaust - Stock NPP mufflers - Kong ported SC - Katech 103 ported TB - Rotofab 5" Big gulp CAI - 22.5% lower pulley - ATI Harmonic balancer - Cordes SC expansion tank - MSD hi temp ignition wires - Koolsox spark plug insulators - custom tunes - 660hp/725tq pump - 713hp/763tq race

meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #26
Who Dat 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by meSSohappy View Post
Man it would be awesome if you could post a sound clip...this is exactly what I want to do with hi flow cats....would love to hear your car rumble !!
How about this?

I made a video over a year ago showing the contrast between the stock exhaust sound and a Solo Mach-XC catback with a RotoFab CAI. Well I've updated it with the Maggie and headers to show that contrast now. Still a huge Solo fan if you want something that sounds great externally but keeps you sane in the cabin. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/ACWtpTS5XXA[/QUOTE]

Old 11-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #27
GOINGSOLO2

That's a great video…thanks so much for posting!!! Your car sounds amazing!
Old 11-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #28
styphon

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
I have a 2012 and have had the solo exhaust added. It added a growl and no drone.

I then had them add a Solo HFC + Kooks LT Headers (all done at the Solo shop, I fortunately live very close) and I love it. I have no drone, but when I lay on the gas, everybody 1/4 mile away knows I am driving a pony car
styphon is offline   Reply With Quote