Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-20-2011, 12:35 AM   #1
Hooper
Camaroholic

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS 6M
Amp Install Help???

Hi Camarens,

I am looking for some nice ideas on installing my amps. I know ******** has a passenger side amp rack available, however I will have a box on the passenger side so I am looking for some ideas for the driver side. I want to leave the pass-through open so I am looking for ideas that keep the amps on the driver side. Any pics or ideas are appreciated.

Last edited by Hooper; 03-20-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:34 AM   #2
TLD0520
NM HT5

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS M6
You mean on the drivers side. You contradicted yourself there. But If I'm not mistaken ******** has a drivers side one as well. If not I know someone has it. I have seen it before.
TLD0520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
Hooper
Camaroholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLD0520 View Post
You mean on the drivers side. You contradicted yourself there. But If I'm not mistaken ******** has a drivers side one as well. If not I know someone has it. I have seen it before.
Thanks for the input. I can;t seem to locate where ******** or anyone else has a driver's side amp rack, so if you remember who makes it please let me know. Thanks again..
Old 03-22-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
Off the top of my head I dont think Steve has a matching drivers side amp rack like he does for the left. The one he does have is a rack or mount that takes the place of the OEM amp and lets you mount an after market amp in the oem's place. It fits an amp about the size of a JL400/4. This then gets covered up by the trunk panel.

I just went and looked, I dont see one for the passenger side. Give Steve a shout, he may have something not actively listed or he could make one for you.

Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:16 PM   #5
Hooper
Camaroholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriartii View Post
Off the top of my head I dont think Steve has a matching drivers side amp rack like he does for the left. The one he does have is a rack or mount that takes the place of the OEM amp and lets you mount an after market amp in the oem's place. It fits an amp about the size of a JL400/4. This then gets covered up by the trunk panel.

I just went and looked, I dont see one for the passenger side. Give Steve a shout, he may have something not actively listed or he could make one for you.

Cheers
K
UPDATE: Thanks for the reply Moriaritii. Actually I found out that he does them by request, and I order and already received it. Extremely nice and solid work. I am so pleased and can;t wait to get it in...
Old 03-31-2011, 11:47 PM   #6
SoTHavok

Drives: 1
Whatever you decide to do, get some LED's n custom color paint it, looks awesome if you do it just right

This is the 2 12" box ******** offers, really is a tight fit

Depending on what you do consider getting a 2nd battery to get rid of powerloss
SoTHavok is offline   Reply With Quote