Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-27-2014, 10:00 AM   #1
thebatmobile

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Muscle exhaust recommendation?!

I have a 2014 rs and have been doing research on a new exhaust. So far I've almost made my decision down to the mrt v2. What I'm looking for is a deep roar vs a higher pitched whine. Very hard to decide without hearing each in person so hopefully I can get some feedback from people who currently are happy with theirs, or unhappy.
thebatmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:14 AM   #2
bpoole38
voodoo

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2LT RS
I really like the corsa cat back. no drone. nice sound. however it's is a personal preference. put on the headphones and check out some videos on youtube or manufacturer's web-sites.
K&N Cold Air Intake (performance), Corsa Cat Back Exhaust (performance), VMAX Ported Throttle Body (performance), VMAX Black Ice-olator (performance), Elite Catch Can (long term performance), Blacked out Chevy Bowties and Badges (cosmetic), Oracle Concept LED side markers (cosmetic), Oracle Concept side mirrors with LEDs (cosmetic), Technostalgia LED Tail lights (cosmetic), Foose Legend wheels (cosmetic), 35% window tint (cosmetic), dirty (cosmetic)
bpoole38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 12:16 AM   #3
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
I am in love with my MRT v2s. At first I was still wondering whether or not I should have gone with the more aggressive v1, but after a lot of highway miles I am grateful that I don't have to deal with drone, and the only thing I have to do to make the thing roar is push on the pedal
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:23 AM   #4
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Personally I love the magnaflow resonated x pipe with a full 2.5" exhaust pipe system with no other mufflers... deep muscly sound.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:24 PM   #5
xtreme industries

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt RS
pypes cat back is really nice with the factory headers and cats. got lots of compliments on the sound of my car.

if you go long tubes then you will need to add resonators to tone down the metal ripping ear bleeding painfully annoying sound coming from the car.
2010 Camaro 2lt RS, IOM on IOM, M6, eibach springs, eibach sways, ported throttle body, black ice-olator, RX catch can, OBX headers - no cats, Pypes cat back, Vibrant resonators, injen intake, DRL over ride, decepticon fender emblems, transformer sill plates, transformer script on cowl, more to come.
xtreme industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:49 PM   #6
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme industries View Post
pypes cat back is really nice with the factory headers and cats. got lots of compliments on the sound of my car.

if you go long tubes then you will need to add resonators to tone down the metal ripping ear bleeding painfully annoying sound coming from the car.
That is my setup for my exahust with Doug Thorley Shorty Headers coming soon!
DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 04:58 PM   #7
crazy4camaro

Drives: 2012 RSLT,1979 Trans Am
Have MRT V2 sounds good very happy with my choice
crazy4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 05:17 PM   #8
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
By far our best seller for the V6 are the MRT V2s. My favorite sound on the V6 as well.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 05:38 PM   #9
SirMike
Inland Empire Camaro Club

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, 2015 Challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by djrasras View Post
I am in love with my MRT v2s. At first I was still wondering whether or not I should have gone with the more aggressive v1, but after a lot of highway miles I am grateful that I don't have to deal with drone, and the only thing I have to do to make the thing roar is push on the pedal
I have to agree. Love the sound I get with the MRT V2. I did wonder if I should have gone with the V1, but I think the V2 is a great balance. Not too loud, unless you punch it.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:21 PM   #10
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMike View Post
I have to agree. Love the sound I get with the MRT V2. I did wonder if I should have gone with the V1, but I think the V2 is a great balance. Not too loud, unless you punch it.

MRT 2.0 is what I call stealth mod thru the sub division early morning (good thing). And sounds GREAT when you jump on.......
Old 11-01-2014, 06:50 PM   #11
Matt_RS

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
Love my mrt 2.0 exhaust. worth every penny, right after i installed i never looked back.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:48 PM   #12
94tagt

Drives: Pontiac Trans Am
How do I get some MRT2 love for another GM 3.6L action?
94tagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:25 PM   #13
hzisfrom1994
ZYJ

Drives: 2017 1SS Camaro/6 speed
If you do a lot of high way cruising and staying around 1900-2500 rpm. Then get the MRT V2 which has less drone. If you most likely do only local driving (which I what I have now), then get the MRT V1. It is not really that raspy, high pitch. In my opinion, it is very AGGRESIVE, loud, and has low nice grumble at idle. I just got the MRT V1 for only a week, so I do not know how the drone will go after it break in. Hopefully better in a way that I can drive long highway too... LOL
hzisfrom1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 03:21 PM   #14
philthy

Drives: 1971 Monte Carlo/2010 Camaro 2LT
I am happy with my Magnaflow axleback kit. There was a bit of drone when I first installed it, so I added the Magnaflow resonated x-pipe. Once the pipes seasoned, it sounded even better...powerful but not annoying. Several people have commented that it sounds great.
1971 Monte Carlo
philthy is offline   Reply With Quote