Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 12-28-2009, 12:30 AM   #15
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
I would love to own another Camaro,, I'd do anything.. BUT... financially speaking I'm not sure if I will ever qualify for a replacement regardless of insurance. I had saved up for years to make a solid down payment on this car and I worked soo soo hard pulling in extra hours at work saving over many years.

I just dont think I'm good enough to be driving one of these cars. I'm sorry, I'm just feeling very depressed at the moment.

Shaun
Shaun, there is nothing you need to apologize for! Your emotional state is completely understandable under the circumstances. If it's meant to be for you to get another Camaro, you will. Just don't keep beating yourself down over this. You lived through it...look toward the future, 'cause tomorrow's another day, and a fresh start!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:30 AM   #16
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Everyone,

Thankyou very much for all these kind words of wisdom, you have no idea how much I appreciate these posts you made tonight.

I'm gonna go now and rest for a few hours with my fingers crossed hoping the anxiety goes down a bit. I've never really been in shock before so I dont know what to feel.

thankyou very much everyone.

Shaun
I hope you are not home alone at a time like this...please take good care of you, and remember, we're here for ya...............
Get plenty of rest and follow up with the doctor if you feel any worse during the week...you might be more sore in the coming days as the shock of the accident wears off...
Good luck and God Bless............
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:40 AM   #17
NapalmSound

Drives: 2010 LS CGM
Really sorry to hear that buddy. I just got mine delivered Christmas eve, and was contemplating on wether or not to get winter tires. I will definitely get some now, thank you for sharing your story. I'm truly sorry, I've only had mine for a few days and cant imagine what i would do if something like that happened. Keep your head up, and thank you.
NapalmSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:52 AM   #18
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
sorry to hear... those summer performance tires really cant deal with any type of cold weather...

hope things get a little easier for you :(

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:53 AM   #19
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Wow...im sorry to hear that. I ve been following all your threads and all your updates. You truly deserved that car. Dont beat on yourself. Honestly, if life teaches people one thing, its that shit happens. As long as the car is insured, im sure insurance will cover your car and you can have Killerbee 2
Im very happy to hear your out of the hospital, its the most important thing. Some people never walk out after an accident so not all is bad. Glad to hear your safe. Dont worry about the car...well try not to...everything can be replaced, just not lives.
Black ice happens, im sure you'll be able to get Killer Bee 2
You deserved Killerbee...truly you did. I really appreciate and respect how you came here and are giving others advice...You are a great person! Get some rest, clear your mind, get back up, dust your shoulders off and get back on the train.
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:22 AM   #20
Croatcamaro2010

Drives: '10 Camaro RS 1LT
least you're alive, as much as i love my car too, God willing if it was my life or bumble bee's half brother id have to let the car go

http://www.active.com/donate/napa12midastl/stlNBrekal
Croatcamaro2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:27 AM   #21
kenni

Drives: 2010 Camaro RY 2LT/RS TF 6M
He had the RS package so that would be summer tires, I have to drive very carefully because of the cold around here.

ATOMIX, I'm so sorry for your loss! I wish you a speedy recovery from the hospital! RIP Killer Bee.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:36 AM   #22
Rocketright

Drives: 2006 Acura RSX - S
Too bad. Sorry to hear about your car, at least your okay.

You definitely need some winter tires on, summer tires are absolutely horrible it cold/snowy/icy weather.

Carter
Rocketright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:00 AM   #23
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Man dude, I'm sad for you... Did a similar thing to my first Camaro- luckily I only hit curb so the car survived, but I know how much slip just a little rainwater can cause... Sux bad dude. Fingers are crossed for insurance money, best of luck to you man...

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:12 AM   #24
Cyber_Gray_Autobot

Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
Sorry Shaun to hear about this. The best news is that you are ok!

I have a similar package to you and put on winter tires (18 inch) in late November. A few weeks ago while I was driving, I too was accelerating not that aggressively in a residential area and felt a twitch from the backend, driving no faster than 40 km/hr to 50 km/hr. I was a bit surprised by it but had caught an icey patch of pavement. Even with winter tires, it is easy to lose the back end very quickly.

The warning the DIC gives us at low temperatures comes on with good reason. Ice can form on a road rapidly and we all need to be aware of it regardless of what we are driving, even with winter tires on.

Best wishes and good luck Shaun. Thanks for sharing with us.
Cyber_Gray_Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:17 AM   #25
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Everything was left on. Traction control just wasnt enough to prevent me from slamming into the tree. Driving at the 30-35km/s that I was orginally doing would probally have saved me.
Sorry about your car! Main thing is you are alive and relatively unhurt... Things could have been much worse!

Traction control really only works when you accelerating... giving the car gas... Where you in Sport mode? I've found that in sport mode if you accelerate aggressively, it tends to downshift aggressively as well.. The problem with an aggressive down shift is it's basically like stomping on the the rear brakes without the benefit of ABS or Traction Control since you aren't really using the brakes, you are using the car's engine to brake...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:21 AM   #26
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Shaun,
First off, I'm glad you survived to tell the story, not to mention type it out. Telling your story is part of the healing process, and we are always here for each other. Don't ever feel that you have no one to confide in, with anything, because that is farthest from the truth.

It takes a 'man' (or women) of sound mind to admit to fault, and you have surpassed the most difficult part. Although your car was not properly equipped for the conditions, I would make sure the car gets mechanically checked over, just to make sure something, out of your control, did not occur (I still believe this car is built with the highest of standards).

Please don't feel guilty about what happened, it could have happended to any one of us, in any condition (dry or wet). I'm glad you will not lose your love & passion for the car, and that is a positive sign. I'm sure it's very easy to blame yourself for everything, but that's human nature, give yourself time to sort through this ordeal. I truly believe, that you will one day be back behind the wheel of a Camaro.

Hang in there man...

p.s. Please check back in, when you're feeling better, so we know you're O.K.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:34 AM   #27
dougcanuck

Drives: 2010 2SS Ralley Yellow, 6spd.
sorry to hear man.... your car made the paper this morning. i came right to the site to see who it was. hope it can be fixed or you can get a new one for spring !!
dougcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:44 AM   #28
Corrado

Drives: 2008 Corvette C6
Hey bud very sad, but you are okay at least and you can get another car in the future. Don't beat yourself up about it, it can happen to anyone, winter tires or not, big hp in a rear wheel drive car is always a tricky thing to do.

And no need to leave the forum, stick around you have friends here!
Corrado is offline   Reply With Quote