Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-28-2017, 08:18 PM   #1
Killerss

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs
Huron Speed Turbo Kit Full Review

So after experiencing around 10-15k miles with the huron speed turbo kit on my car I figured I would write a review. I was coming from the turbonetics turbo kit which I really did like but wasn't a fan of how much piping was involved and didn't need cats. First off, I have pretty moderate mechanics skills, Ive pulled a few engines, never done a bottom end build or anything, had my cam done at my local tuner. I was able to get the install done in a weekend, which included taking out the turbonetics kit and installing the huron speed kit, but I didn't have time for tuning that weekend. Fast forward to tuning, I have a precision 7675 which I didnt initially plan on ordering (wanted a turbonetics 7575BB) but I've been enjoying the precision holds great power and spool is quick even though its a JB turbonetics was just taking a while to do it so Jon at Huron said if I was interested in another turbo he might be able to get it faster. With a lunati cam, and methanol, it makes 700whp at 15lbs of boost. I daily the car and I love it, its a very tame car as long as you don't stomp it everywhere you go, but when you do get into it hold on. The only thing I would recommend when you get the kit is get the option to have it ceramic coated, it is a lot of heat under the hood and it will help a bunch even if you are heat wrapping it, also make sure to wrap all close to pipe wires. Overall I have been problem free except for a freak accident oil line that let loose on me, which Huron Speed sent a replacement right away. Not only has the kit been awesome, and reliable, but Jon at Huron Speed has been awesome, any questions I had about the kit, he was there to answer almost right away on email and man did I have a lot of questions. Also they stand behind their products 100% percent. I really do recommend the kit and Huron Speed if you're thinking of forced induction or anything really.
Killerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:22 PM   #2
Killerss

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs
Also not sure if this is the wrong place to post my review, so if the admins think this isn't the right place please move it to the right section.
Killerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:54 PM   #3
SeaCompiler
...not a marine biologist

Drives: 2012 Camaro RY SS LS3
I am glad to hear your good review. I have had my Huron Speed on since last March and no issues with a 7875 bb oil cooled turbo from Turbonetics. I have about 25-30K miles on my turbo kit. I run 8 psi.

What fuel setup are you running with yours?
Forged 416 stroker Turbocharged with Huron Speed with Cam Motion custom grind,Tuned by Vengeance, 8psi, 25% PowerBond UDP, Ported TB, shaved heads, LS9 gaskets, chromoly pushrods, BT trunnions & dual valve springs, IWIS, Might Mouse CC, SJM Line Lock,, MSD 2-Step, ZL1 Rear End, ZL1 spoiler, Strut Brace, ARP bolts, Skip shift elim, A-Pillar Gauges, FR Style 41 20X10, 3 inch exhaust, blackouts, Lowered, Custom badges, Hines vents,RPI fender vents, Technostalgia Tail Lights, Metra Kit, Pioneer stereo, Morimoto RGB Halos,
"The Great Awakening" on gab.com
SeaCompiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 09:37 PM   #4
bayarea408

Drives: T
likewise on the huron kit, works great. Lots of assistance and help with John over at Huron.
bayarea408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:06 AM   #5
Huron Speed

Drives: 2012 45th SS
Thanks for the nice words guys, glad you are loving your kits as well!

We have been getting a lot of e-mails and PM's recently on kits so I figured here would be a good place for people to see!

The Single kits posted above are currently not available while we are focusing on a new Twin kit for the 5th gens. The design has taken a little longer than anticipated as we keep making minor tweaks while testing to make sure the kit is 100% prior to release. We did this as we wanted a kit that could support a bit more power than a single T4, be an even easier installation, and help get the heat out of the engine bay and more in an area where the car was designed for heat.

We currently have 2 cars in testing and some tweaks have been made from the photos below during testing. One of them is no longer recirculating the gates as seen in photos below along with a new downpipe design

If we get a lot of interest in the single kits again we will absolutely bring them back in addition to the new twin kit, but this new twin kit will be the bee's knees

Features:
-Hot side off the factory exhaust manifolds in extra thick .120 wall stainless with T4 turbo flanges and 44mm WG flanges. Will fit a pair of full T4 turbos with 3" V-band discharges and keep the heat in the area of the car where it was intended to have heat. We can run smaller 5858's for quick spooling stock engine set-ups up to Billet 7479s for 6-bolt 427 set-ups at 1250+ RWHP!
-Downpipes will be full 3", stainless steel.
-Cold side merges both turbos into a 3" pipe that runs up to the front of the car into a standard 4" thick intercooler with 4.5" and 6" thick Bell intercoolers as an upgraded option as well.
-Out of the intercooler is 3.5" merging to 4" aluminum tubing into the TB with a 50mm BOV flange and card MAF flange.
-3" Hard piping off each turbo inlet places a full cone style filter in each fender to ensure the car can be daily driven in all elements and safe.
-Bracket with tank will house windshield washer fluid or could be used for methanol that mounts where the factory air box did. Bracket will also hold the included oil return pump.
-Full plug and play wiring harness for the oil return pump
-All oiling lines and fittings included and are all bolt in, no drilling/tapping required.
-Kit is very easy, full bolt on with minor trimming required for the turbo intake piping to get the tubing into the fenders.
-Full T4 turbos will allow you to run on a stock engine up to a large cubic inch 6-bolt block set-up for 1250+ RWHP.
-OPTIONAL tubular .120 wall stainless manifolds can replace the OEM Manifolds and clear 6-bolt block/head setups

Pricing is looking to be under $5k complete with everything including base components (turbos, WGs, BOV, IC), without fuel! We are anticipating releasing this month. Release has been delayed since some tweaks have been made to the design late in testing that has pushed it back slightly, but we are right on track now and the tweaks to the WG location and exhaust are much nicer!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Huron Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:04 AM   #6
Ls1408cp

Drives: 14 1le turbo
How much will the 6inch bell intercooler upgrade be? Can we get all the turbo options? I'm building a 365 iron with Lsa heads aiming for 1100-1150. Thanks
Old 01-29-2017, 11:17 AM   #7
Scotty D2014

Drives: 2014 SS1-1le Crystal red metallic
Not trying to be a dick !!! But it looks a lot like the AGP system !!
Scotty D2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:35 PM   #8
Ls1408cp

Drives: 14 1le turbo
But t4s not t3s
Old 01-29-2017, 10:04 PM   #9
BradySS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Will this work with a TH400?
BradySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:41 AM   #10
badass1000

Drives: 2010 SS. YSI and Built 416
how much for the 7479s and tubular manifolds? work with 4l80e?
badass1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 04:06 AM   #11
Batchler.15SS

Drives: 2015 Summit White 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D2014 View Post
Not trying to be a dick !!! But it looks a lot like the AGP system !!
That is exactly what I was thinking!
Batchler.15SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:33 AM   #12
bayarea408

Drives: T
looks like good stuff
bayarea408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 01:22 PM   #13
KTMracing09

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 ABM
Can't wait to have this twin kit, been waiting since October when I first heard about it. Would love to see all turbo options
Old 01-30-2017, 04:07 PM   #14
silvio207col

Drives: ROCH-SS
High performance at a very good price!! yes I want one.
silvio207col is offline   Reply With Quote