Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 08-25-2018, 11:05 PM   #1
scotty9794

Drives: 2011 ss/rs
4l80e harsh engagement

My car has a 4l80e swap with the PCMofNC harness. It was done before i got it, by a shop that id rather not deal with. I bought the car after it fireballed and the previous owner kept driving it while it burned stuff up. In doing so, it melted off the trans lines, and ran it out of fluid. The cars been fixed, which included a full trans rebuild, and torque converter rebuild. I had not driven the car before but i knew it engaged rather hard on direction changes. While it was apart i realized its hard enough that the tail end of the driveshaft smacks a heat shield above it and its actually transferred material on to the driveshaft from it. Is this a tuning issue potentially? My shop guy thinks it is, and it will get retuned in a couple months, but if theres another potential cause id like to look into it before then. Thanks a bunch.
TMS forged 376, 237/239 cam, AGP kit w/ s256 twins and race intercooler, Alky dual nozzle meth system, FIC 127lb injectors, Fore dual TI 450s, Jakes stage 4 4l80e, Circle D triple disc billet 3400 stall, DSS aluminum shaft, eBoost 2 controller, BMR toe rods-adj lower control arms-adj trailing rods, and bushings, nt555r rears.

Last edited by scotty9794; 08-25-2018 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Spelling
scotty9794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:51 PM   #2
RaiderSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 DeadBLK
Which shift has the engagement issue?
Reverse: check servo pin
1-2 shift: check pressure regulator settings
2-3 shift: put a 300psi pressure gauge on the line tap to
3-4 shift: Verify that your lock up converter is tuned properly

Is the cross brace firmly bolted in?
Shaft length/yoke engagement correct?