Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 07-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Detroit Lions....CALLING ALL FANS!!

Ok, first off please do not turn this into a thread for haters on the Detroit Lions, if you want to do that start your own thread LOL

That aside...who else here is a Detroit Lions fan?! Anyone else have season tickets?? Excited for this season?? What are you looking for improvements on? How do you feel about some of the off-season drama? What do you think our record will be this season?? Will Stafford stay healthy?? Will Suh make the same moves to get the bad publicity that he got last year? What do you think about some of the new young players?

For any Lions fans who are as excited as I am lets use this Thread as a place to share our enthusiasm and excitement for the upcoming season!

Looking forward to your comments!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
gr8whitebuff

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
To bad are browns are goin to put the hurt on 8/10 go brownies lol not starting any sh!t just can't wait for some football so excited
gr8whitebuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #3
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8whitebuff View Post
To bad are browns are goin to put the hurt on 8/10 go brownies lol not starting any sh!t just can't wait for some football so excited
I hear you there, I can't wait!! Oh, and you might want to check your temperature because I think you may be sick spewing that crazy talk! Browns are going down!
Old 07-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
you can't come in here start talking football and not expect a beatdown
Ask ASSIAN the Dolphins fan
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #5
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post

i'm a fan of Stafford. I have the first overall pick in my money league, and i'm considering picking him up. i know the obvious would be rodgers, brady, or brees, but i might try and shock a few people and pick up stafford, then megatron in the 2nd, if he's still on the board.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #6
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Definitely been more interested in following the lions since last year when Stafford was healthy. Megatron really demands attention with the highlight reel he seems to produce every week.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:39 AM   #7
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
I don't mind a little competitive back & forth in good fun, just want to make sure it's a thread where Lions Fans can come in and that its not just a hate fest LOL. Just tread lightly LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post

i'm a fan of Stafford. I have the first overall pick in my money league, and i'm considering picking him up. i know the obvious would be rodgers, brady, or brees, but i might try and shock a few people and pick up stafford, then megatron in the 2nd, if he's still on the board.
I tend to pick players that may come as a bit of a shocker as well, and in my leauge our first 3 picks are keepers for our team for a 3 year period, so I need to pick wisely! Stafford could be a great pick, especially if he stays healthy! You can't go wrong with Megatron either, the guy is an animal. Can't wait for Fantasy to start!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Definitely been more interested in following the lions since last year when Stafford was healthy. Megatron really demands attention with the highlight reel he seems to produce every week.

I'm telling you man, they have a good team. If they can stay healthy, focused, and diciplined (which in my mind is where they are the weakest) then they could really go places!! They definitely have some strong talent and a great head coach, not that they are Super Bowl material yet, but they are definitely heading in a positive direction since the Barry Sanders days!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:16 AM   #8
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Yeah, stafford had over 5k yards last season, and 41td's....tough choice at number 1 overall though.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:14 AM   #9
Sales @ CAI Inc

Yea I hate having #1 pick, I like right in the middle the best with how our leauge drafts.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:20 PM   #10
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I prefer the #1 pick. you don't have to worry about getting the one player you absolutely want, and at the turn in roudn 2-3 you just capitalize on what positions are left. I don't mind picking anywhere in the draft, but I prefer the ends.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:05 PM   #11
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
I didn't see this thread after the "LOSING" seasons!

Not trying to be a hater but I don't see them repeating their success from last season! NFC is too loaded! And that division is hard with green bay and Chicago!

Don't get me wrong Detroit is a good team, but they have alot of holes! No run game, no secondary. Their schedule last year was kind of soft. They went 10-6 but Not one win came against a playoff team!

Stafford still has to show me he can remain durable, and alot of his numbers I attribute to Calvin Johnson of course!

We'll see it could be that I'm still having a difficulty accepting Tim tebow this year!
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #12
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Man View Post
We'll see it could be that I'm still having a difficulty accepting Tim tebow this year!
and Sanchez
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #13
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
I think this is sanchez year! Though it could be wishful thinking!
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #14
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Some tough questions. Will Best be back this year. Will Lashoure be a decent running back after serving his 2 game suspension. There a couple of more players that may get suspensions. Will Avery play with his tendered contract. I don see them repeating what they did last year. My prediction is 8 and no play season this year.