Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 10-10-2009, 09:20 AM   #1485
1 RD JEWL

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS_RS- RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post
I see there is a new posting for the 1st Official Camaro5 meet in Adel, GA for next April 16-18. Kinda of far (over 700 miles) but it might be fun.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46574
Sounds like a good time. I will check our calendar at work to deconflict with my trips. Maybe a little vacation time would be in order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
I'll go if you go! Or anyone else for that matter. I would want to caravan with at least one other car!

That would be the only way to go. Wouldn't want to do it if we didn't group up.
There's strength in numbers

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
1 RD JEWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:43 AM   #1486
1 RD JEWL

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS_RS- RJT
Dayton Area & Wright-Patt Camaro Owners

Boy I am starting to see more and more 5th Gens on the road. I went to the KMart Last Friday with Ginger in case anyone was showing and ran into another proud owner of a VR 5th Gen. My wife spoke with another VR owner on base this week too.

I sent them an email with the site and thread info so keep a lookout for new members.

I have been seeing a Inferno Orange (1LT/RS-I think) going off the base, a Black 2SS in our MAJCOM parking lot, a RJT with aftermarket rims (or maybe the 21 " upgrade) and a SIM streak by once and I have seen an IOM and VR in the Medical Center parking lot. Has anyone seen them on here yet?

Attached are the cards I made up with our links on the back. Plagiarize as you wish. I plan to give them out but have them in the camaro only. Need to put some in the other two vehicles since she is in the garage mostly these days.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Camaro5card_Avery-1.pdf (1.21 MB, 52 views)
File Type: pdf Camaro5_card.pdf (456.5 KB, 49 views)
File Type: pdf Camaro 5 Card-Back.pdf (22.0 KB, 100 views)

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
1 RD JEWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #1487
Memaat
Proud Dad of 3 Kids

Drives: 2SS/RS SIM w/Red Stripes, Opt Fangs
What kind of Wolverine has a Camaro with Ohio State colors? Easy, the conquering hero type! http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album....pictureid=9374

Living Life

Last edited by Memaat; 10-10-2009 at 10:47 AM. Reason: No image
Memaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:50 PM   #1488
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Damron View Post
What kind of Wolverine has a Camaro with Ohio State colors? Easy, the conquering hero type! http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album....pictureid=9374
I guess you could have got IBM with some custom yellow stripes... but that would look like crap!

GO BUCKS! NICE CAR!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:48 PM   #1489
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Man View Post
um... hey guys havent been on here in ages just wanted to let u know i didnt die, just kinda fell off the face of the planet for awhile LOL! Hope everyones doin ok, this rainy weather is so depressing for car shows :P
Good to see you here, RS_Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
I'll go if you go! Or anyone else for that matter. I would want to caravan with at least one other car!
Now that would be fun! I agree with 1 RD JWL - that's the only way to go. I might be up for it, but too early to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunacan58 View Post
Beautiful awesome Machine..I thought when she named BAD A$$ Machine...She quickly corrected me! I love her
Sounds like you've got a winner, Tunacan - I like your name for the car, but I like your wife's better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 RD JEWL View Post
Boy I am starting to see more and more 5th Gens on the road. I went to the KMart Last Friday with Ginger in case anyone was showing and ran into another proud owner of a VR 5th Gen. My wife spoke with another VR owner on base this week too.
I worked on base last year (contractor) but our program office kicked us out. It's cheaper for them to pay us to work in our office. But I will let you know if I end up going back!

This afternoon I saw a black Camaro (coudn't tell SS or not) just S. of Waynesville on Rt. 42. Wondered if maybe it was Heinz? I was in my Firebird because my tire patch did not hold. Winter tires installed now. Pics soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Damron View Post
What kind of Wolverine has a Camaro with Ohio State colors? Easy, the conquering hero type!
LOL! I thought about getting gray stripes on mine... nah, I'm a Miami (OH) grad, their colors are red and black. Welcome to the forum!
Old 10-11-2009, 01:29 PM   #1490
LadyinBlue

Drives: 260HP/242TQ
Yellow stripes on an IBM?! I think I'm going to puke! A Michigan fan?! Double puke!

Go !Purdue! - even though your football team is horrible this year :-)
LadyinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:20 PM   #1491
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyinBlue View Post
Yellow stripes on an IBM?! I think I'm going to puke! A Michigan fan?! Double puke!
Old 10-12-2009, 06:25 AM   #1492
LadyinBlue

Drives: 260HP/242TQ
I took Merlin out for a drive yesterday afternoon. Nice mix of straight and curvy, hilly roads to Hueston Woods State Park. Two little boys got so excited when they saw the car they started jumping up and down and pointing while a couple of guys I drove by shouted, "Hey lady! Nice car!" In the fall sunshine I swear I saw Merlin smile :-)
LadyinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:52 AM   #1493
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyinBlue View Post

Go !Purdue! - even though your football team is horrible this year :-)
Guess who we play on Saturday.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:39 AM   #1494
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
Saturday: A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. Chance of precipitation is 30%

GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #1495
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC-Camaro View Post
Saturday: A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. Chance of precipitation is 30%

SNOW?!?!
Old 10-12-2009, 01:25 PM   #1496
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Hocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC-Camaro View Post

Hope that forecast is for Cleveland. Snow

Both of these look more promising:

weather.com: Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the mid 30s.

Accuweather: Saturday, Oct 17
High: 52 °F RealFeel®: 46 °F
Cool; cloudy in the morning, then intervals of clouds and sunshine in the afternoon

We were down there this past Saturday to rock climb. Pavements were dry by the time we got there (9 AM) and sun came out at times after noon. Here's the important part, the leaves were starting to turn big time and looked like they should be at their peak this week and next. Unless it's raining (or snowing), I'd make the run. Great drive even if overcast. The forecast is improving every day, so I think we'll get some sun by afternoon. Guess we'll have a better idea later in the week.

Doesn't look good for Kil Kare this Thursday again (rain).

My friends and I will be headed to New River Gorge on Sunday for a week of climbing in the bridge area. We should be hitting that just right also. We climb down in the gorge so all you see is tree tops everywhere. MYBAD SS won't be making that drive (four men and gear won't fit).

The window tinting install went good this morning, I'll post those pics next.
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #1497
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
New tinting: 50% up front, 35% in rear. And I like the gill inserts too.
Attached Images

SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:31 PM   #1498
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Hope that forecast is for Cleveland. Snow

Both of these look more promising:

weather.com: Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the mid 30s.

Accuweather: Saturday, Oct 17
High: 52 °F RealFeel®: 46 °F
Cool; cloudy in the morning, then intervals of clouds and sunshine in the afternoon

We were down there this past Saturday to rock climb. Pavements were dry by the time we got there (9 AM) and sun came out at times after noon. Here's the important part, the leaves were starting to turn big time and looked like they should be at their peak this week and next. Unless it's raining (or snowing), I'd make the run. Great drive even if overcast. The forecast is improving every day, so I think we'll get some sun by afternoon. Guess we'll have a better idea later in the week.

Doesn't look good for Kil Kare this Thursday again (rain).

My friends and I will be headed to New River Gorge on Sunday for a week of climbing in the bridge area. We should be hitting that just right also. We climb down in the gorge so all you see is tree tops everywhere. MYBAD SS won't be making that drive (four men and gear won't fit).

The window tinting install went good this morning, I'll post those pics next.
I like your forcast better. The one I posted was from the National Weather Service.

GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?